Welcome Aboard! ...The next and last stop is World's Fair Station.

IND Worlds Fair Line

Good evening everyone!

My name is Max and have (finally) signed up to NYCTForums. I've definitely been here before in my younger years, but as my passion and drive for rapid transit is ever present, I figured I would go ahead and join this awesome community.

I'm a born and raised New Yorker who grew up near the IND Queens Boulevard Line at 63rd Drive. I rode the IND the first week of my life, corrected my dad on subway directions at age 6 and have never looked back. I have always been a fan of rolling stock, rapid transit expansion, subway history in NYC, the IND in particular and the evolution of the subway map/cartography; however after reading Paul Shaw's essay regarding Helvetica and the NYC Subway, I have really gotten into typography.

Fun subway-related accomplishments include riding the first official (V) train from Forest Hills in 2001 and the last (V) train from 2nd Avenue in 2010. Here's my favorite photo from the last (V) train trip: http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/37383_136411696385669_3618821_n.jpg (In lead car R160 9868 as one railfan insists "Put up ya' 'V' Trains!")

Other than that, I'm also a trombonist and musician, work in the music industry, also enjoy architecture and engineering, and find large infrastructure project exciting.

Thanks for having me, excited to begin posting!

Max

Welcome!!

Thanks, youngblaze. Looking forward to getting involved in the community.

Welcome to the forums! I started here at August 26, 2012. Do you like the (V) train? I like the (V) and (W) trains and a lot more routes.

Thanks NYCRailfan523. Well, I did like the (V) when it ran. It was a nice alternative to the Express routes of Queens Blvd, and since it was a full length train (8 R46s, 10 R32s/R160s) there was always a seat awaiting me! Like I said in my summary, I'm more of an IND fan, so I wasn't into the (W) as much. If you put a gun to my head and asked me my favorite route.... I would probably have to go for the (E) during rush hours. I love the long express runs on the Queens Blvd line, especially when running at higher speeds, and these trains zip through the 53rd Street Tunnel very quickly as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived