Walmart Backs Away From Potential Brooklyn Lot

checkmatechamp13

ShopRite may be a good supermarket, but the NIMBYs have got to stop killing Walmart's plans to open in this city. People are crossing county and even state lines to take advantage of what Walmart has to offer.

Like underpaying their workers and killing small businesses, while bribing the Mexican government to keep quiet about their wrongdoings?

Like underpaying their workers and killing small businesses, while bribing the Mexican government to keep quiet about their wrongdoings?

Or how about their team members apathetic attitude/work ethic and dirty stores with no organization whatsoever. Yes, got to love Walmart. :)

I meant :angry: .

i find Target has a more logical layout, and the layout is usually the same from store to store with slight variation.

Walmart stores' layout is haphazard so that you visit other areas of the store, thus making it more likely for you to purchase more items before leaving.

Target stores' layout also try to get you to circle the store, however for the purpose of providing the guest an experience. Also if your in a hurry, similar departments (i.e. heath/beauty & grocery, or electronics & toys) are near each other.

Walmart stores' layout is haphazard so that you visit other areas of the store, thus making it more likely for you to purchase more items before leaving.

Target stores' layout also try to get you to circle the store, however for the purpose of providing the guest an experience. Also if your in a hurry, similar departments (i.e. heath/beauty & grocery, or electronics & toys) are near each other.

For woman that's good because they love looking around, but for the average masculine dude, we just go in and head straight for what we want to buy.

Target is much more logically arranged, if you want clothing its in the middle, electronics and office supplies are on one end, health and beauty aids and groceries are on the other end, pizza hut is in front with starbucks.

For woman that's good because they love looking around, but for the average masculine dude, we just go in and head straight for what we want to buy.

Agreed. Only thing is that on the rare (less than 5 times a year) occasion I visit Walmart, I'm usually left wandering around looking for everything and then I get annoyed, so I go to Target and can find everything in about five minutes.

Target is much more logically arranged, if you want clothing its in the middle, electronics and office supplies are on one end, health and beauty aids and groceries are on the other end, pizza hut is in front with starbucks.

Couldn't agree more. In the nearly 200 Target locations I've been in, 95% of them share a layout how you describe.

In Uniondale, theres a Shop Rite right next to the Wal-Mart, I go there pretty often, but I have to say the Shop Rite is much nicer, even though Wal-Mart has a wider range of products, I'd shop anywhere before Wal-Mart.

I like Walmart Supercenters more than the Regular Walmarts, I actually don't really mind the layouts, I like looking around for stuff. Also, recently I feel like Walmart has better clothing materials than Targets, but Target still has the good designs, but that's just me. Still, I'd fully welcome Walmart in New York City, because I'm one of the persons going to Long Island or Jersey (or NEPA) to shop in Walmart. These NIMBY's and Anti-Walmart people don't realize that targeting Walmart doesn't help their cause, targeting chains will be much more effective. SMH!!!

Most frequented Walmart: Westbury, NY.

Most frequented Walmart Supercenter: Mt. Pocono, PA.

I like Walmart Supercenters more than the Regular Walmarts, I actually don't really mind the layouts, I like looking around for stuff. Also, recently I feel like Walmart has better clothing materials than Targets, but Target still has the good designs, but that's just me. Still, I'd fully welcome Walmart in New York City, because I'm one of the persons going to Long Island or Jersey (or NEPA) to shop in Walmart. These NIMBY's and Anti-Walmart people don't realize that targeting Walmart doesn't help their cause, targeting chains will be much more effective. SMH!!!

Most frequented Walmart: Westbury, NY.

Most frequented Walmart Supercenter: Mt. Pocono, PA.

Take it how you like, but I don't buy clothing from neither. I at least shell out just a bit more to get something from Macy's or somewhere else that is of better quality and lifespan.

Speaking of Walmart Supercenters, sience I'm in So Cal many of the Walmarts here were not built until 1991-4, so when the first Supers appeared in 2003-6, many raved about them. In fact, my first visit to a Super was in 2009. I actually found it to be clean, and the staff helpful, however the store was located in a new suburb in Moreno Valley, so it wasn't patronized much. That was probably the only Walmart I enjoyed visiting ever. Next visit two years later and it is complete crap.

Funny thing is less then 7 miles away was a regular Walmart, and just 2 weeks ago a Super opened in its place. I swear when people say a 220,000 sf. building that has skylights, concrete floors, and is painted light sky blue all around the interior is modern, I want to tell them to get out of thier house more often.

P.S. You haven't seen super anything until you've visited Super Target.

Take it how you like, but I don't buy clothing from neither. I at least shell out just a bit more to get something from Macy's or somewhere else that is of better quality and lifespan.

Speaking of Walmart Supercenters, sience I'm in So Cal many of the Walmarts here were not built until 1991-4, so when the first Supers appeared in 2003-6, many raved about them. In fact, my first visit to a Super was in 2009. I actually found it to be clean, and the staff helpful, however the store was located in a new suburb in Moreno Valley, so it wasn't patronized much. That was probably the only Walmart I enjoyed visiting ever. Next visit two years later and it is complete crap.

Funny thing is less then 7 miles away was a regular Walmart, and just 2 weeks ago a Super opened in its place. I swear when people say a 220,000 sf. building that has skylights, concrete floors, and is painted light sky blue all around the interior is modern, I want to tell them to get out of thier house more often.

P.S. You haven't seen super anything until you've visited Super Target.

I need to visit a Super Target someday, been to too many regular Targets, I'll go ahead and search for some locations in the NY-NJ-PA area, hopefully they have some around, =P...

I need to visit a Super Target someday, been to too many regular Targets, I'll go ahead and search for some locations in the NY-NJ-PA area, hopefully they have some around, =P...

Damn, the nearest Super Target is in at 1200 Edwards Ferry Rd Leesburg, VA 20176 or 152.46 mi away. To be honest, you are not missing out on much though.

Or much closer to Queens there a super wal mart i.e expanded grocery section in same superstore as well in Orange County, NY at Woodbury Commons. (Exit 16 I-87/NYS Thruway) :lol:

Damn, the nearest Super Target is in at 1200 Edwards Ferry Rd Leesburg, VA 20176 or 152.46 mi away. To be honest, you are not missing out on much though.

Thanks for the search up for me, and that seems economically not feasable for a special trip, so yeah, but thanks for the information. I guess, I am not missing out on my, =]!

Or much closer to Queens there a super wal mart i.e expanded grocery section in same superstore as well in Orange County, NY at Woodbury Commons. (Exit 16 I-87/NYS Thruway) :lol:

I'd rather head to the Poconos, feel like a roadtrip rather than a shop at the outlets in the same darn state that I live in, but that's just me, =P...

Either way back on discussing Wally World.

Archived