Hello everybody

armax1980

Hi everybody, it would seems to be that I'm going to be one of a very few member of this forum who isn't working on the transportation side of the MTA but on the maintenance division of MaBSTOA:D

We need someone from the Maintainance Division on here. There are alot of questions on the buses, and why do two of the same models, can have slightly different sounds, etc....

Did you ever work out of KB? If so, then you are a master bus maintainer. KB home of the Dawgs, we keep garbage rollin'..........

Welcome to NYC Transit Forums! It great to have someone from maintenance aboard! I'm quite sure lots of us have some questions for you. My first one: Are any 126St Depot buses maintained by MaBSTOA? Or do they all go to Grand Av. and East New York?

Welcome to NYC Transit Forums! It great to have someone from maintenance aboard! I'm quite sure lots of us have some questions for you. My first one: Are any 126St Depot buses maintained by MaBSTOA? Or do they all go to Grand Av. and East New York?

126st maintain their own buses. When KB fuel line went down (2 months ago), I had to go to 126st, and I went through the depot after they filled the tank up. They have an area for maintainance there......

They do there own major work too?

For that they would possibly go to Zerega or Gun Hill. They're closer. NYCTA doesn't make a distinction on OA or TA for major overhaul work for buses. Availability + vicinity is all that matters. OA and TA is just for personnel only, not equipment........

I did work at KB for 6 months as a cleaner helper, also the buses at KB function as garbage trucks since most of the bronx residents dump their garbage in them before getting off:mad:

OA rarely maintain TA buses, but we generally borrow them for service. Recently at 100st,we have a number of buses out of service because of engine/exhaust problems that we had to borrow a few buses from 126st and MJQ.

Currently, I'm a helper maintainer(fuel line), but recently I took the promotion exam for the chassis maintainer.

Archived