Unable to edit posts

ttcsubwayfan

I don't know if it's because I'm a new member who joined at the same time as some spammers, but I'm really restricted in what I can do. It doesn't permit me to edit my profile, use the PM system, manage my friend requests and a new one that popped up today: editing my posts. I had posted in a thread and I saw some other posts I hadn't noticed before, so I typed up my responses and pasted them into the original post, but it told me that I'm not allowed to save the edits.

Is this normal, an issue with the forum, or is my computer really as useless as it sometimes appears to be?

You might have just had your permissions removed because of something you may have done. I think that it may be the new way of "banning" someone, without banning them. It has happened to more than one person.

Wouldn't I have received a PM or an email if I had been banned, though?

But you aren't banned.

I know, but your earlier post mentioned that taking away someone's privileges is a way of banning them without actually doing so (which confuses me in many ways).

In any case, if I had done something in order to warrant my permissions to be taken away, wouldn't there have been some sort of notification from a mod or admin?

I know, but your earlier post mentioned that taking away someone's privileges is a way of banning them without actually doing so (which confuses me in many ways).

In any case, if I had done something in order to warrant my permissions to be taken away, wouldn't there have been some sort of notification from a mod or admin?

Have you been able to use the features before? If so, consider it as a warning. Your privileges have been taken away as a warning.

If you have never been able to use the features, your account is probably messed up.

No, people are not notified from an admin if they have been banned. It just happens.

Aside from the editing feature, I haven't been able to use any of them since I signed up. On a status update I made about it, another member suggested the following: "Post editing systems expires after 10 minutes of posting the post, IIRC."

This makes sense to me, because all of the recent posts I have made, the editing feature shows up until around 10 minutes have passed. However, I have seen a post made yesterday edited today, so I'm really puzzled about the whole ordeal.

Aside from the editing feature, I haven't been able to use any of them since I signed up. On a status update I made about it, another member suggested the following: "Post editing systems expires after 10 minutes of posting the post, IIRC."

This makes sense to me, because all of the recent posts I have made, the editing feature shows up until around 10 minutes have passed. However, I have seen a post made yesterday edited today, so I'm really puzzled about the whole ordeal.

I think it may just me a system glitch. When Harry sees this, he will help you out.

Which was me who put that comment up. Do you want me to contact Harry about this ordeal for you? Just so you know, we all watch each other's backs around here, if you get what I mean. :D

EDIT: My face goes red now.

Archived