So, anyone want to buy a NJT Nova?

SirJokaPlaya

I wouldn't be surprised if the MTA made a move on those 2001 models. Even though the engine and possibly the transmission are different from normal TA spec, those buses are priced right. With the average MTA general overhaul for an RTS costing about $25,000, add another $20,000 for engine and transmission rebuilds and you have a bus that can run for another 6 or 7 years. I'm sure that if the MTA brought enough buses, the price would drop to about $10,000 per bus. You would have a nice running bus for $55,000...

I wouldn't be surprised if the MTA made a move on those 2001 models. Even though the engine and possibly the transmission are different from normal TA spec, those buses are priced right. With the average MTA general overhaul for an RTS costing about $25,000, add another $20,000 for engine and transmission rebuilds and you have a bus that can run for another 6 or 7 years. I'm sure that if the MTA brought enough buses, the price would drop to about $10,000 per bus. You would have a nice running bus for $55,000...

Well, the engine is different, not the transmissions. The transmissions on these buses are the same as the ZF 5000s in Brooklyn.

I don't think they'd like the driver-operated rear doors and soft seats (though they can replace them like they have in the past).

I don't think they'd like the driver-operated rear doors and soft seats (though they can replace them like they have in the past).

And like it was said above, there should be a 'multi-bus' discount if they bought enough... they would have the extra savings to chang ethe seats!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived