Just called DCAS for T/O exam 8098. It says it is terminated

Gherigfan1

The list is NOT terminated that is a glitch..I just talked to sum1 at NY 511 they will be calling of this list soon she said just a fyi

Someone lied to you, just spoke to someone at DCAS, the last hire is list #799 (promotional) and the list officially terminates tomorrow. Its over!

Someone lied to you, just spoke to someone at DCAS, the last hire is list #799 (promotional) and the list officially terminates tomorrow. Its over!

At ease Vintage. This news about DCAS saying the list is terminated is about the Open Competitive List.

The Promotional List (conductors being promoted to Train Operator) which you heard is correct. That list has been exhausted and set to expire this month.

At ease Vintage. This news about DCAS saying the list is terminated is about the Open Competitive List.

The Promotional List (conductors being promoted to Train Operator) which you heard is correct. That list has been exhausted and set to expire this month.

Listen: http://www.ttmg.org/samples/Untitled.mp3

Open Competitive Terminated. Lady said that the Promotionals were done and that they were not using the Open Competitive. Highest Promotion in their system to get in is #799. Whether folks want to believe it or not, I think the OCs got bamboozled $60 at 40,000 people who filed for this test. The City made a nice $2.4M out the deal.

Knowing the MTA, they probably fumbled the takeover of the list, for example DCAS couldve handed over the list to the MTA, but the MTA hasnt processed the info on their end. Hopefully it's just a gross error or else you guys will have to do a class action suit or something, the OC list needs to be active a MINIMUM of one year before it can legally get scrapped.

Now if they closed the C/R list (not that they will, just a hypothetical), different story. the C/R hopefuls cant legally do anything in that case because the list has been active for over 18 months already.

I just called 347-643-8229, I was told that is the direct line to the MTA employment center. I asked the lady that answered about exam#8098 and she informed me they haven't started calling from that list yet. I asked her if the list was terminated and she said it is not terminated, they just haven't started calling from that list yet. Not sure when they will start either.

Oh btw, they will begin calling off the OC list soon. It was merely handed over to MTA itself, and purged from DCAS. The same occurred with the promotional Tower Operator and Assistant Train Dispatcher lists, the only other two subway-related lists that originated in the DCAS system.

I just called 347-643-8229, I was told that is the direct line to the MTA employment center. I asked the lady that answered about exam#8098 and she informed me they haven't started calling from that list yet. I asked her if the list was terminated and she said it is not terminated, they just haven't started calling from that list yet. Not sure when they will start either.

That is the reason why some got the list is terminated from DCAS. It is terminated from DCAS, but not TA, who is doing the hiring, and processing now. New hirees will have a different pension structure, that I don't think is part of NYCER's anymore. MTA will deal with everything now. Guess they realized that they belong to the State of New York, and not the City of New York........

I wonder if I get called up & moved over as promotion or I have to resign being a c/r will all my pension stuff change?

Sucks for you sorry to say. Promotional list is exhausted. If you are on the open competitive you will have to resign from C/R. At this point you can't move over to T/0 as a promotional which means there's a strong chance your pension will change. You would be considered a brand new employee like everyone else on the open competitive.

That's not true. People have taken promotions from open competitive lists before, you just have to speak to someone from HR and explain the situation.

The pension is still NYCERS, there is NO change to it.

The only disadvantage to taking an O/C test as opposed to a promotional test for an employee is that the employee taking the promotional test will get called sooner.

Provided you have completed probation you still have just short of a year to return to that title.

If you have NOT completed probation, whole 'nother ballgame.

Make SURE you speak to someone in HR to ensure that your service time in transit carries over with your new title as far as things like vacation time, etc.

It's a common thing that happens...people familiarize themselves with titles that are not direct promotional lines and change departments entirely though an O/C list.

Please don't post wrong information. If you're not 100% sure, don't post it.

Sucks for you sorry to say. Promotional list is exhausted. If you are on the open competitive you will have to resign from C/R. At this point you can't move over to T/0 as a promotional which means there's a strong chance your pension will change. You would be considered a brand new employee like everyone else on the open competitive.

Thank you, how long you been with TA?

That's not true. People have taken promotions from open competitive lists before, you just have to speak to someone from HR and explain the situation.

The pension is still NYCERS, there is NO change to it.

The only disadvantage to taking an O/C test as opposed to a promotional test for an employee is that the employee taking the promotional test will get called sooner.

Provided you have completed probation you still have just short of a year to return to that title.

If you have NOT completed probation, whole 'nother ballgame.

Make SURE you speak to someone in HR to ensure that your service time in transit carries over with your new title as far as things like vacation time, etc.

It's a common thing that happens...people familiarize themselves with titles that are not direct promotional lines and change departments entirely though an O/C list.

Please don't post wrong information. If you're not 100% sure, don't post it.

I asked one of my current employees who is a retired conductor (retired in 2006). My answer was based on his knowledge...

Listen people legally TA has to hire people from any exam they administer. With lots of people unemployed and on public assistance getting g fee waivers the state government is not trying to hear they gave up free money for nothing and neither are the people who had to pay for it. This past July DCAS stopped processing TA civil service exams, unless they already started processing them before July. Once TA starts hiring from the list, the info will be updated on their side.

Archived