Brighton Beach, July 18,2008, buses

MattTrain

I like looking at different types of buses that pass around, here are some of the shots from July 18.

Brighton059.jpg

Brighton060.jpg

Brighton061.jpg

Brighton062.jpg

Brighton063.jpg

Brighton064.jpg

Brighton065.jpg

Brighton066.jpg

Brighton069.jpg

Brighton081.jpg

Brighton082.jpg

Brighton083.jpg

Brighton084.jpg

Brighton085.jpg

Brighton086.jpg

Buses are cool :) and fun to ride :D The Orion V's are my favorite ones. B)

And one note, I'm not attempting to take random candid shots of people getting on and off the bus, I didn't realize people were looking at me when taking these photos.

wow has that area changed since I graduated back in '99....

I went to William Grady HS in Brighton beach.... damn near everyday we'd dip out to that pizza store you see in the pic here...

Brighton086.jpg

good to see the pizza store's still there... but where that check cashing place is... that used to be a blimpie's.... sometimes I would go there if I aint feel like wharfing down a couple slices.... and we'd "borrow" some soda's from the exxon (gas station across the street (cross neptune))....

and there's a bodega about 2 bldg's down (can't tell due to the nice shot of the bus there)... everyone (well, not literally, but... yeah) knew you DON'T go in that store... and also, there was a sneaker store that you'd see open once in a blue moon... like, how the **** did these dudes stay in business (now it looks like a medical bldg took it's place; or w/e that is w/ the burgundy awning there; far middle right corner of the pic).....

ehh, good to reminisce....

-----------

that B1 shot... damn KCC students... the reason I hate riding that bus... they act more rowdy than some high school kids... no wonder kingsborough is looked upon as a joke, compared to all the other colleges in the... Borough....

* in any event, good pics bro... really liked the shot of the Stillwell bound b68 turning off CI av, the shot of the B1 in the background there (it shows how brighton beach has grown as a community as well), & the 2 shots of the B68 heading towards bartel pritchard sq.....

I went to William Grady HS in Brighton beach.... damn near everyday we'd dip out to that pizza store you see in the pic here...

good to see the pizza store's still there... but where that check cashing place is... that used to be a blimpie's.... sometimes I would go there if I aint feel like wharfing down a couple slices.... and we'd "borrow" some soda's from the exxon (gas station across the street (cross neptune))....

and there's a bodega about 2 bldg's down (can't tell due to the nice shot of the bus there)... everyone (well, not literally, but... yeah) knew you DON'T go in that store... and also, there was a sneaker store that you'd see open once in a blue moon... like, how the **** did these dudes stay in business (now it looks like a medical bldg took it's place; or w/e that is w/ the burgundy awning there; far middle right corner of the pic).....

ehh, good to reminisce....

-----------

that B1 shot... damn KCC students... the reason I hate riding that bus... they act more rowdy than some high school kids... no wonder kingsborough is looked upon as a joke, compared to all the other colleges in the... Borough....

* in any event, good pics bro... really liked the shot of the Stillwell bound b68 turning off CI av, the shot of the B1 in the background there (it shows how brighton beach has grown as a community as well), & the 2 shots of the B68 heading towards bartel pritchard sq.....

i'm going to school in that neighborhood too. Bay academy, next to B1 and b49 i believe. right by the waterfornt but not near KCC

i'm going to school in that neighborhood too. Bay academy, next to B1 and b49 i believe. right by the waterfornt but not near KCC

ohh ok... bay academy... is that the name of that school...

ride a northbound B or Q train b/w Brighton Beach & Sheepshead Bay.... right before the train approaches shore pkwy, you'll see a school w/ a big yard (looking out the right side)...

btw, you'll also get to see some MCI's.... b/c that's where the BM3 terminates....

I think that's still sheepshead bay... but you'd be a hop, skip, and a jump away from brighton bch.... as for what stop you'd get off, you'd have to get off @ sheepshead bay, take the back exit, then walk along the overpass (next to the tracks) to get to the other side of the hwy.... the brighton beach station would put you too far off....

good pics.

tip- try not to take pictures of too many people noticing u

Brighton Beach is really crowded almost every time I go there, especially near the (:P(Q) trains. I try my best to avoid people, but when there's a crowd, can't do much about it, I just go to the least busy areas for bus photos.

You're a former Grady student, that's interesting. How was Grady HS, back then? Cool. Kingsborough Students can be so rowdy, I can see why you dislike them a lot. Most students going to KCC, dropped out of High School, or just have poor grades, and didn't get into good schools. :mad: That's really a pain.

Nice. I like the CNG shots.

Thanks a lot, dude.

Anything with CNG 806 is bittersweet for me because my mom almost got her leg taken off on that particular bus.She fell in the back of the bus and the driver took off without making sure the passenger was alright. This happened more than a decade ago on the B35 at Church Avenue and E.98 St, Sunset Park bound.

Anything with CNG 806 is bittersweet for me because my mom almost got her leg taken off on that particular bus.She fell in the back of the bus and the driver took off without making sure the passenger was alright. This happened more than a decade ago on the B35 at Church Avenue and E.98 St, Sunset Park bound.

That's terrible news I hope your mom is feeling better now. Well buses have improvements implemented after accidents usually.

Archived