Petition for Metro-North New Haven Line stop in Western Queens

Bounad Hanhic

It can be easier to do after danbury service is enhanced then you can have new canaan trains or danbury trains serve east bronx stations let the east bronx stations have turnstiles so those not going to CT or westchester can pay metrocard fare I do agree however that these are the

The MNRR is not the subway. Go somewhere else with that.

It's not really a stretch to believe that people at some of the Bronx stops would pay for rail service to Manahttan. Look at Co-Op City, the BxM7 express bus there gets very high ridership (because your other choices to get to Manhattan are just so bad) so people are willing to pay more. Aside from the express bus, to get to the West Side you either have to take to the the bus to the (6) to the (E), the bus to the slow (2), or the bus a good 30-40 mins to the (D).

And Parkchester, for example, the proposed stop lies right between two express buses (the BxM6 and the BxM10); the potential riderbase is there.

This is why I thought about the idea of a scoot to New Rochelle might not be so bad. Perhaps make it a little cheaper, and you have a service for city-bound riders that could get decent ridership. That why Stamford trains wouldn't have to be invaded and slowed down by city bound riders (which the rhetoric seems to be)

Jamaica's a really poor comparison to make anyway because it has three (four including the (Z)) that manage to serve a few hotspot areas over Manhattan, so of course not many people would get on the LIRR there.

Co-Op City and Morris Park have no such subway lines. Hunts Points does and Parkchester kinda does but getting to the West Side is stuff awfully inconvenient. Admittedly Hunts Points might not draw in as many people and could become another Tremont or Melrose but I think service should be relatively cheap and not too infrequent. I mean, nobody's gonna use Melrose and Tremont with current fares and off-peak service every 2 hours. The MTA might as well be inviting people not to use those stations.

A Sunnyside stop I guess isn't that much of a necessity with the good subway service in the area and being close to GCT but the idea of antoher Queens-Bronx link isn't really a bad one, in my opinion.

I agree with you for the most part but Hunts Point will not get much ridership. People from Hunts Point take the subway and there are also a lot of Hunts Point people who take the LIRR from the Hunts Point railroad station (which is close to HPA on the subway).

Do you wan't the (MTA) to lose money... What plan is this?

It is cheaper than a new subway line you know in a way.

The MNRR is not the subway. Go somewhere else with that.

err again it allows one to do more with less bedides it is limited only to these stations in east bronx that's it. Err in order to make triboro a subway isn't that costlier? Plus it is a way to maximize resourse use mostly queens to the bronx patrons would use it. I am not sure so let us move on.

err again it allows one to do more with less bedides it is limited only to these stations in east bronx that's it. Err in order to make triboro a subway isn't that costlier? Plus it is a way to maximize resourse use mostly queens to the bronx patrons would use it. I am not sure so let us move on.

So yeah, let everyone ride the LIRR from Freeport to Jamaica for $2.25. *rolls eyes*

what "way" are we talking about, becuase in the long run, it will be more expensive

err again it allows one to do more with less bedides it is limited only to these stations in east bronx that's it. Err in order to make triboro a subway isn't that costlier? Plus it is a way to maximize resourse use mostly queens to the bronx patrons would use it.

what is it with you an 'err'. Sticking metrocard turnstlies that would only apply to local passngers at a commuter rail station is just... just... I'm bascily at a loss for words at how much of a BAD idea this would be. this is just like that curbside fare payment for express buses idea you had.

I am not sure so let us move on.

smartest thing you've ever said.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I'd agree with a Sunnyside Intermodal Center (which means Metro-North New Haven and LIRR All Lines can connect and stop at the Station), as well as connect to the (E)(M)(N)(R)(7) Trains at Queens Plaza. and Queens Borough Plaza respectively, and rename Queens Plaza / Queens Borough Plaza to Sunnyside Intermodal Center. Also, create a free in-system transfer between the (E)(M)(N)(R)(7) during these renovations and new builds.

But you already got the LIRR Long Island City stop almost next to the yard and Hunterspoint LIRR+ (7) nearby. That should be more than enough to serve Sunnyside.

It doesn't connect anywhere , that goes straight into the Yard , the Sunnyside Transit Center would connect all the lines...

I don't think its a good idea, as much i would love to see MNRR trains stop in queens, it just would clog everything else up, Amtrak and freight uses the Hell Gate Bridge and having the MNRR trains stop there would cause delays, so i don't think its such a good idea

So yeah, let everyone ride the LIRR from Freeport to Jamaica for $2.25. *rolls eyes*

nope only within queens babylon trains are excluded as they skip most queens stations. It will be restricted of course. Try to think outside of the box instead of assuming you know cause you did not listen didn't you.

However a scoot service can be created between rosedale and LIC running every 15 to 10 mins via lower montauk branch stations restored then via laurelton branch. It can be treated as a subway fare structure wise. While serving SE queens and restoring service that was lost. With this the turnstiles at outer queens stations become unnecessary. As LIRR won't be involved in it however it would be like queens' version of the SIR but without free service and turnstiles at all stations.

what "way" are we talking about, becuase in the long run, it will be more expensive

what is it with you an 'err'. Sticking metrocard turnstlies that would only apply to local passngers at a commuter rail station is just... just... I'm bascily at a loss for words at how much of a BAD idea this would be. this is just like that curbside fare payment for express buses idea you had.

smartest thing you've ever said.

You only say this cause you do not know or even understand the idea I will simplify it for you the stations would have separate platforms for city bound and out bound. People heading outbound exit via turnstiles on Bronx and queens stations beyond wood side However For those exiting on inbound stations will not as they simply exit via turnstiles without having to pay via metrocard as they came from LI and CT however passengers boarding inbound trains to NYC at stations in queens and the Bronx (select stations only specified later) will have to pay and swipe to go through turnstiles. May abandon the bronx part as the rail except the hudson(local) line duplicate the subway in a sense.

Most LI outer non branch lines like the main line and the Babylon line SKIP outer queens stations therefore will not honor metrocard anyway. Plus many super express trains skip Jamaica thus eliminating the notion that people will pay $2.25 to go on LIRR from Nassau again this does NOT involve stations outside NYC.

Come to think of it bronx won't need it at all since the MNRR except hudson line mostly duplicates subways. Also I observed many instances where LIRR conductors will not check the tickets at all for people boarding in queens towards NYC I know cause I used LIRR 3 times in a row and was not checked even once in that week so the turnstiles for select (outer queens stations) may eliminate lost revenue in that regard.

However I do understand your argument and you gave me another idea that may eliminate the need for that turnstile thing anyway. Is LIRR electrification over rail?

nope only within queens babylon trains are excluded as they skip most queens stations. It will be restricted of course. Try to think outside of the box instead of assuming you know cause you did not listen didn't you.

However a scoot service can be created between rosedale and LIC running every 15 to 10 mins via lower montauk branch stations restored then via laurelton branch. It can be treated as a subway fare structure wise. While serving SE queens and restoring service that was lost. With this the turnstiles at outer queens stations become unnecessary. As LIRR won't be involved in it however it would be like queens' version of the SIR but without free service and turnstiles at all stations.

For that you have CityTicket this idea won't work the (MTA) would lose money this way.

For that you have CityTicket this idea won't work the (MTA) would lose money this way.

inaccurate eliminate cityticket. This would increase ridership at SE and NE queens stations thus cancelling out the revenue loss. However I think it would be best limited to SE queens. One more thing LI stations will not be involved. In addition it can be done without turnstiles by allowing one to purchase a ticket with metrocard for travel to and from SE queens as long as LI is not involved. Unlimited cards would only be allowed to be used on SE queens stations to and from NYC stations as a replacement of cityticket. And NE as well but only with express bus plus. Mostly off peak only. Allow LIRR monthly to work on subways at rush hour at manhattan and brooklyn stations. Not queens or express buses.

inaccurate eliminate cityticket. This would increase ridership at SE and NE queens stations thus cancelling out the revenue loss. However I think it would be best limited to SE queens. One more thing LI stations will not be involved. In addition it can be done without turnstiles by allowing one to purchase a ticket with metrocard for travel to and from SE queens as long as LI is not involved. Unlimited cards would only be allowed to be used on SE queens stations to and from NYC stations as a replacement of cityticket. And NE as well but only with express bus plus. Mostly off peak only. Allow LIRR monthly to work on subways at rush hour at manhattan and brooklyn stations. Not queens or express buses.

The only problem with that is that you might have a ton of people coming over from LI into Queens because now the fare differential is large. Since they're not paying the higher zone charges, the MTA loses money.

Personally, I think all MNRR & LIRR passes (going into Zone 1) should be valid on the express buses, local buses & subways. Of course, the price would have to be raised to compensate (say, a Zone 7 pass would have to go from $254 to $300), but I think that would still work.

The only problem with that is that you might have a ton of people coming over from LI into Queens because now the fare differential is large. Since they're not paying the higher zone charges, the MTA loses money.

Personally, I think all MNRR & LIRR passes (going into Zone 1) should be valid on the express buses, local buses & subways. Of course, the price would have to be raised to compensate (say, a Zone 7 pass would have to go from $254 to $300), but I think that would still work.

This can work too if not better than my original plan as the LIRR zone 3 monthly is cheaper than express bus plus. This would mean duplicate lines can go bye bye completely like QM3 & x64 if it is that weak. MTA can run more efficient operations interesting. However you are forgeting how difficult it is to get to SE queens stations. Also parking at many NE queens stations is anything but plentiful forcing most to pay up anyway remember gas prices NICE is not so NICE for access to eastern queens stations. Unlimited card use will be limited to travel within queens. While Express bus plus and regular LIRR will be needed for distance travel. My original one was to let those turnstiles take $4.50 for travel between Eastern queens and brooklyn or manhattan. However your idea may work better as it requires the least build out. And less overhead.

Seriously qj , get this nonsense out your head. Commuter Rails both will lose money.

I already dropped the bronx part due to duplication stop being stupidly late. Again checkmates idea is better so drop the crap. Err nonsense interesting what nonsense? drop it.

QJ if you have the money to implement this than do it :rolleyes: .

Is building a subway to SE queens any cheaper if not STFU. Nuff said however I did favor checkmate's idea though as it is simpler to implement and cheaper.

Babylon Trains STOP at Queens, I always ride Babylon Trains from NY Penn to Forest Hills or Kew Gardens using CityTicket, they usually stop at: Woodside, Forest Hills, Kew Gardens, Jamaica, St. Albans and out into Nassau Co. CityTicket is mainly for people who like to go shopping with friends, go to a dinner, a night club or a weekend event in Brooklyn or Manhattan. $2.25 will not sit well for me and fellow LIRR riders, literally! I'd rather pay $5.50 for a comfy and de-stress ride than pay lower priced and deal with society sometimes.

Either ways, I still would be diligent and solid on my Sunnyside Intermodal Center [ (E)(M)(N)(Q)(R)(7) /// MTA Regional Bus /// LIRR /// Metro-North /// And select NJTransit/Amtrak trains.] idea

Archived