Petition for Metro-North New Haven Line stop in Western Queens

Bounad Hanhic

could have sworn I posted something here, guess it didn't take.

QJT, you're basicly trying to set what trains can use what stations based on how the fares are collected. that blocks the potential for future changes to operations. trying to force the railroads to use Metrocard infrastructure when the MTA intends to phase it out in a few years is a waste of time anyway.

where is it written thay they even need to provide such services. Railroads do not need to play by "transit" rules.

could have sworn I posted something here, guess it didn't take.

QJT, you're basicly trying to set what trains can use what stations based on how the fares are collected. that blocks the potential for future changes to operations. trying to force the railroads to use Metrocard infrastructure when the MTA intends to phase it out in a few years is a waste of time anyway.

where is it written thay they even need to provide such services. Railroads do not need to play by "transit" rules.

You have a point I really meant whatever replaces metrocard should integrate all MTA services in nyc into one fare structure with zone for outside nyc.

Babylon Trains STOP at Queens, I always ride Babylon Trains from NY Penn to Forest Hills or Kew Gardens using CityTicket, they usually stop at: Woodside, Forest Hills, Kew Gardens, Jamaica, St. Albans and out into Nassau Co. CityTicket is mainly for people who like to go shopping with friends, go to a dinner, a night club or a weekend event in Brooklyn or Manhattan. $2.25 will not sit well for me and fellow LIRR riders, literally! I'd rather pay $5.50 for a comfy and de-stress ride than pay lower priced and deal with society sometimes.

Either ways, I still would be diligent and solid on my Sunnyside Intermodal Center [ (E)(M)(N)(Q)(R)(7) /// MTA Regional Bus /// LIRR /// Metro-North /// And select NJTransit/Amtrak trains.] idea

I said they don't stop in SE queens read carefully.

To be fair, the station would be for riders heading out to Westchester & Connecticut, not Manhattan.

ohhh.... ok i can see that happening, i thought it was fro people going inbound not outbound. If it's outbound then i'm all for that. :)

You have a point I really meant whatever replaces metrocard should integrate all MTA services in nyc into one fare structure with zone for outside nyc.

It is not going to happened. You have to understand MTA is just an umbrella covering the commuter rails. Both RR are there own company and a private company to an extent. LIRR and MNRR are more under the state of NY control as MNRR also have CT then MTA. MTA cannot just push its own business decisions on either RR without either RR consent from their own brass and NY state and CT like they do with Transit. Both are companies want to make money so I seriously doubt they are going to downgrade themselves to the same cost standards as Transit to serve city travelers. They make their money from the suburbs.

So St. Albans is not SE Queens? I don't get your argument, if you want them to stop in other stations, they can but it would be a bit awkward considering that it's not that important for a certain line to stop in a certain station since there is already a connection available for SE Queens customers at Lynbrook for customers going to points east on the Babylon. The Commuter Railroad is not your subway dude, keep in mind the operations are so much more logical on the Commuter Rail. This New Haven Line thing would definitely benefit considering that it can create a vital transfer point for customers going from the Eastern Sections of the Bronx to Grand Central but prefer to use it by Commuter Rail or Queens and Long Island to Westchester, the Bronx and Connecticut but prefer to use it by Commuter Rail. Why not built it!

I am pretty sure you got enough education on why they shouldn't integrate MetroCard into this, plus I wouldn't want to deal with city people someday so I take the LIRR or Metro-North to certain places, as well as the Express Bus, so heck no to $2.25, I'd pay $5.50 without a second thought and on weekends $3.75.

So St. Albans is not SE Queens? I don't get your argument, if you want them to stop in other stations, they can but it would be a bit awkward considering that it's not that important for a certain line to stop in a certain station since there is already a connection available for SE Queens customers at Lynbrook for customers going to points east on the Babylon. The Commuter Railroad is not your subway dude, keep in mind the operations are so much more logical on the Commuter Rail. This New Haven Line thing would definitely benefit considering that it can create a vital transfer point for customers going from the Eastern Sections of the Bronx to Grand Central but prefer to use it by Commuter Rail or Queens and Long Island to Westchester, the Bronx and Connecticut but prefer to use it by Commuter Rail. Why not built it!

I am pretty sure you got enough education on why they shouldn't integrate MetroCard into this, plus I wouldn't want to deal with city people someday so I take the LIRR or Metro-North to certain places, as well as the Express Bus, so heck no to $2.25, I'd pay $5.50 without a second thought and on weekends $3.75.

Not all about you it is about pushing ridership to it's absolute limit. FYI babylon service to lynbrook SUCKS HARD. Plus it is NOT TIMED with those local trains to SE queens unless you call 40+ min waits between trains timed. If you think a 30+ min gap between trains is an adequate timed connection you are smokin drugs stronger than I knew existed.

Personally I don't mind paying the cityticket or $5.50 for speed but the masses matter more. To be honest it would be more profitable as more queens riders in outerparts would use it plus existing ridership which would eliminate any loss they may take. Read the schedule dude babylon service to SE queens is SHIT. LYNBROOK is outside city zone however I kinda prefer checkmate13's idea as it is simpler.

O one more thing you misread my argument under my plan folks originating in SE queens heading east will NOT use the metrocard subway farecard whatever replaces it they will simply enter through and use tickets as the integration does not apply to travel to LI or from if they want to wait 30+ mins.

Archived