R40M On the A Train today...

RTOMan

The (A) is really becoming a mix bag these days, with the R32 cars, R38s, R40M cars, R42, and the 75 foot R44 cars. What if the (A) borrowed some R68s from the (D) or (Q)? Probably won't happen, though.

Yea that would be cool if some R68/As went on the (A) line! I would love to ride one on the flats they would proably go like 80 mph esp with that hill to give them the head start.

Yea that would be cool if some R68/As went on the (A) line! I would love to ride one on the flats they would proably go like 80 mph esp with that hill to give them the head start.

yeah i mean they should at least sent a R68 from the (D) even a dirty one to test a few weeks on the (A) and see what happens. imagine that happens and everything goes well and they switch R44 and R68 cars. R44 on the (D) nice

yeah i mean they should at least sent a R68 from the (D) even a dirty one to test a few weeks on the (A) and see what happens. imagine that happens and everything goes well and they switch R44 and R68 cars. R44 on the (D) nice

R44 on (D), :confused:, R68's are just fine on (D)

R40M's on (A) is nice, now they can mix the R40M cars with R42's. Fun fleet of (A) trains. The (A) is having a fun fleet this summer!

It would be cool If a R32 ran on the (D) line again

R32 train on (D). Yes, cool, but that won't happen anytime soon.

I did at one time back in 2000 see a R44 NIS train Deadhead To CI Yard Via the Manny B. It was sooooo loud x_x;; And it looked so weird.

I wish R46s would run across the Manny B more often. Those cars look the best across the bridge. I hope there will be more (R) train weekend G.Os via the Manhattan Bridge coming. I'm going to try and get some good shots and spend lots of time on the Manny B since I live like a few blocks away from canal street XD

The first ever mixed set of R40Ms and R42s, pitkin style. Oh god how I hate it. This makes catching full sets of R40Ms on the (A) hard.

Mixed sets of R40M and R42 on (A).

I had those days when catching an R42 on (:P(D)(N)(Q) and (W) just last year and the year before.

People wonder, why are the hinges on an R40M and not on an R42?

R40M and R42's do run together due to their similarities, but it's quite different on the inside.

I see what you mean with the Mixed R40M/R42 train on (A). I don't like it that much either, but it is what it is.

If you give up finding a full R40M set on the (A), then catch one on the (:). There's still about 4-5 sets running on the (B). Or catch an full set of R42's on (A). I wish the (B) would have one of those.

The first ever mixed set of R40Ms and R42s, pitkin style. Oh god how I hate it. This makes catching full sets of R40Ms on the (A) hard.
They use to do that when R42s were at CIY.....

But hey, if they can run together just fine, they'll do it. Its like the 32s and 38s when they put those in a set.

Now, what would real messed up is a train consisting on 32s/38s/40Ms/42s. That would be something and cool.

But hey, if they can run together just fine, they'll do it. Its like the 32s and 38s when they put those in a set.

Now, what would real messed up is a train consisting on 32s/38s/40Ms/42s. That would be something and cool.

How bout one married pair each of 32s/38s/40Ss/40Ms/42s? And have the slants in the middle.

That was done back in the 1960-1970's. No mixed trains with slants, please

How bout one married pair each of 32s/38s/40Ss/40Ms/42s? And have the slants in the middle.

Yeah sure, thats a good idea for a museum consist.

And if Pitkin gets Slants, sure, they'll probably see if they can work something like that up.

That was done back in the 1960-1970's. No mixed trains with slants, please
Yup, heres a picture.

http://www.nycsubway.org/perl/show?5163

(I know theres a better one, but I can't seem to find it or remember what station it was taken at....)

Yeah, but pitkin does it alot different, like before you would see half sets running, 4-car R32s and 4-car R38s on the (C) in one train, or 6 R38s and 4 R32s. In this case, CIY did 2-4 R42s per lashup of 8 R40M sets. Piktin is just completely random

Yeah, but pitkin does it alot different, like before you would see half sets running, 4-car R32s and 4-car R38s on the (C) in one train, or 6 R38s and 4 R32s. In this case, CIY did 2-4 R42s per lashup of 8 R40M sets. Piktin is just completely random

I have seen a pair of R32s and then the rest of the train R38s. Or this one recent one that I've seen, the 3rd and 4th car was R32s, and then the rest of the train was R38s.

It might have been the (A) or (C) or (E), i couldn't tell because i was at times square sitting on a bench and not really looking, but i noticed R32, R42, and R34 in one train as it pulled away. The last 3 cars were 3 different models with the R32 at the end. This was back in 2001.

- Andy

Archived