<7> CBTC service what it would be like?

alekr

I wished the CBTC project was completed! I am totally looking forward to see what would be the express service would be like when the CBTC is completed.

I bet it will be more faster from Times Square to Main street about 20 minutes. Also I think when the train goes from the 111th street flyover to Wilis Point it will not make jerky stops instead it could go smoother.

Times Square to Main street about 20 minutes. Also I think when the train goes from the 111th street flyover to Wilis Point it will not make jerky stops instead it could go smoother.

20 Minutes? Perhaps. One thing that will have to be replaced are all the tracks. ALL of them. That jerkiness heading into Willets is due to all the timers the Train Operator has to comply with. The tracks play a big part in the successful implementation of CBTC on the (L) line, replacing all those crossovers between 111 Street and Willets is going to be a MAJOR, MAJOR G.O.

I can imagine trains having to drop out at 111 Street, relaying and shuttle buses to Main Street.

Which is why it pisses me off when people hold the doors on my train when I'm an express. There's another one behind me and your delaying service when there isn't that much of a time difference between express and local run times.

You're not the only one. It really gets me when as a straphanger people hold doors holding up the train by two minutes sometimes when I must get somewhere by a certain time. Particularly when I can see that this passenger obviously have nothing to do with his day but to defend his perceived constitutional rights for holding the damn door when I put the stranger on the spot for holding the doors and therefore my timely commute. I can get pretty nasty and vicious sometimes in the face of really stupid people, rightfully so.

Archived