Court Rules That NY MTA Must Run Anti-Jihad Ad.

KeystoneRegional

WNYC (via Transportation Nation) - "(New York, NY – WNYC) On Monday, ten New York subway stations will display an ad that uses block letters on a black background to proclaim, “In any war between the civilized man and the savage, support the civilized man,” followed by the tag line, “Support Israel. Defeat Jihad.”

The ruling comes as anti-American protests are erupting around the world over an anti-Muslim film trailer widely circulated on the internet.

The American Freedom Defense Initiative (AFDI), an advocacy group, bought space for the ad in the subway a year ago. But the NY Metropolitan Authority rejected it before it could run, explaining in a letter to the group that, “Your proposed ad contains language that, in our view, does not conform with the MTA’s advertising standards regarding ads that demean an individual or group of individuals.”"

Source Link /// Read More: http://transportatio...-anti-jihad-ad/

Freedom of speech, this is America and people have to understand that we have the 1st amendment.

and they also need to understand that that right is not absolute. there have been cases where the right to free speach have been overuled by other rights, based on who is found to be harmed more. (aside from the ever obvious 'speech intending to cause harm')

For example, The right of freedom of assoication of the private orginzation (I'm not going to kill myself trying to spell it) that runs the 5th ave St. Patrick's day praide trumps (as found in a 1995 9-0 ruling by SCOTUS) the free speech right of the LGBT groups who keep pressuring for accpetnace into the paraide.

Who's gives about opinions. People just wanna get on the train.

Because people can be subliminally affected by popular culture or nationalistic propaganda in advertising. This was a medically and historically proven fact. That being said I'm indifferent about this personally speaking, which goes back to what you are saying....

This state isn't racist. This state was the one that was attacked on 9/11. Remember the destruction of the World Trade Center?

Whether or not the conspiracy theorists are right, 9/11 was this country's fault. Especially since the WTC were attacked before that and I'm damn sure we knew they'd try again and ain't do a damn thing. Had we not got in the're business and left them alone like they asked, 9/11 would never have come to be. Nor would the 1993 bombing. All it was was them keeping their word.

Well it already was too late with the Soviet Union's own guerrilla war. I doubt the US may have had so much interest in the Middle East region today if it wasn't for that long war in the 1980's, in the same region. I still think this must be the reason because of a failed economy and government breakdown the Berlin Wall fell in the first place. Let alone wasted funds and casualties from a war that miserably failed historically due to CIA intervention via the Taliban. It is what it is.

Whether or not the conspiracy theorists are right, 9/11 was this country's fault. Especially since the WTC were attacked before that and I'm damn sure we knew they'd try again and ain't do a damn thing. Had we not got in the're business and left them alone like they asked, 9/11 would never have come to be. Nor would the 1993 bombing. All it was was them keeping their word.

Oh yeah everything is our fault, so we should all surrender and let the sabages take over the world and behead all of us, what a great idea, not

Joe

This country pokes their noses in things that they should have no business in. And the surrendering part was your words, not mine. I'm just saying, if we never went over there in the first place, the WTC would still be here. If we still did go over there, and the 1993 bombing happened, we could have done more to protect ourselves by not going over there AGAIN and instead focus on securing ourselves, thus saving our eyes from what became of 9/11/01. So yeah, it kinda is our fault.

And SOMEHOW, despite a 16 TRILLION dollar debt, we still have the money for nonsense like a war on terror, which is the stupidest war ever. How are you gonna have a war on something that will never end? It's like Dragon Ball Z, every time you get rid of one guy, someone far more powerful will take his place. It has always been around. From early human tribes, to religion (looking at you Christianity and it's descendant, Islam), to politics.

This country pokes their noses in things that they should have no business in.

So you would be tottaly fine with a middle east controled by a still alive Saddam, a europe under the thumb of the communists or even worse, the Nazis, and an Asia that bowed before the Emporer of Japan?

And the surrendering part was your words, not mine. I'm just saying, if we never went over there in the first place, the WTC would still be here. If we still did go over there, and the 1993 bombing happened, we could have done more to protect ourselves by not going over there AGAIN and instead focus on securing ourselves, thus saving our eyes from what became of 9/11/01. So yeah, it kinda is our fault.

we went "in the first place" because we were asked. our help was called out for and in the spirit of human decency we answered.

nothing could have been done to prevent 9/11 based only on the events of 1993. The simple fact is you can not predict the behavior of a person as insane as bin laden. and what again? we only 'went back" after they attacked on 9/11.

packing up and leaving without finishing the battle is tanamount to letting your opponent win.

And SOMEHOW, despite a 16 TRILLION dollar debt, we still have the money for nonsense like a war on terror, which is the stupidest war ever. How are you gonna have a war on something that will never end? It's like Dragon Ball Z, every time you get rid of one guy, someone far more powerful will take his place. It has always been around. From early human tribes, to religion (looking at you Christianity and it's descendant, Islam), to politics.

well, there's the war on drugs and the war on obesity, neither of those things will be going away any time soon.

So you would be tottaly fine with a middle east controled by a still alive Saddam, a europe under the thumb of the communists or even worse, the Nazis, and an Asia that bowed before the Emporer of Japan?

So what about the domestic affairs that this country is dealing with (and neglecting to resolve because of the preoccupation of matters that really has nothing to do with the everyday problems of most American citizens)? Does'nt that take presedence over foriegn affairs obviously?

nope because what good is social issues if we are taken over becasue we aren't able to properly defend ourselves.

Plus, when you compare the lifestyles of America to the rest of the world, while we aren't perfect (and honestly nowhere in this world is) we are still far better off than a majority of the rest of the world.

We don't have money to give away. Five bucks says that the money we are "giving" away is just money owed to said country.

Oh, and Masked Rider. 9/11 could have been prevented and I'm sure our government, especially the CIA, had enough brains to think about that. If regular citizens thought something like that could happen, I don't see the governments reason not to. And before you ask how I knew people thought about that, there was a man who worked and died in the WTC, that expected another attack and created escape plans that are the reason for so many people getting out safe. But that's just a more prominent example.

Archived