Court Rules That NY MTA Must Run Anti-Jihad Ad.

KeystoneRegional

We don't have money to give away. Five bucks says that the money we are "giving" away is just money owed to said country.

Oh, and Kamen Rider. 9/11 could have been prevented and I'm sure our government, especially the CIA, had enough brains to think about that. If regular citizens thought something like that could happen, I don't see the governments reason not to. And before you ask how I knew people thought about that, there was a man who worked and died in the WTC, that expected another attack and created escape plans that are the reason for so many people getting out safe. But that's just a more prominent example.

when a bully punches you in the face, do you run home, lock the doors and never leave? or do you stand and fight back?

My father was a staff member of the NYPD cheif of department's office in the very late 1990s (he retired april 01). Even he forsaw that we would be hit again. He had to spend New Years 2000 and the 4th of july that year on the job in the command center incase anything happened. The city was mad perpaired. but even an expert in the feild like him could not have forseen just how bad it would be. No one expected long haul planes to come flying out of a clear blue sky. you keep saying it was preventalbe. but you've yet to say how.

how do you stop two airplanes at full throtle? are you expecting them to install SAM launchers on every tall building in town? Do I have to undergo exploiroty surgery before I get on a plane?

But what did the US Government do?

How was it preventable? Heightened security, background checks on those looking to learn how to fly. Lock the cabin doors. Maybe a few officers or military agents to travel with the planes? A couple of suggestions yes, but I'm sure more than that was thought of. Hell, a few hijackings should have ATLEAST made people think, "Hey, you know what would be smart? Locking the doors." There are many ways this country could have prepared, not just NYC. And like I said, I'm sure we thought about it. It's not like Hijacking's were new, and considering what the CIA has seen before, they should have guessed that the people responsible would have adapted to the situation. Situation being that there would be more ground security at the WTC and therefore an air strike would definitely been possible. After figuring that out, think about how ot would be possible and what ways could it be done. One idea leading to the next. I'm sure the idea of two hijacked planes hitting the towers were run a few times. Regular people thought it, had dreams about it (me included), why not the government?

That's this countries problem, we are so far up our own asses to think and prepare before hand. And just because an official of a law enforcement agency such as the NYPD didn't think about it, doesn't mean no other people or the CIA didn't.

And a bully wouldn't have the chance to punch me in the face. I'm always prepared and thinking before hand. I've seen things happen before they've happened because of this brain of mine. Warned people not to do things, which of course was done anyway, and the negative happened. I'm not a reactive person like 90% of this country.

Oh yeah everything is our fault, so we should all surrender and let the sabages take over the world and behead all of us, what a great idea, not

Joe

So yeah so the United States government should continue to make a mountain out of a molehill by enforcing 'regime change' in the Middle-East and brainwash us Americans with commercial vehicles of nationalistic propaganda making one party and group of people look like savages while the others look like saints. All for the sake of security? There must be alot of paranoid individuals in the Pentagon I would imagine because it is us Americans who are actually the threat to world peace they way we are going as a nation. There's other strategies that I'm sure can be implemented to protect free enterprise and democracy.

It's clearly a failed venture from the start with no winners. I'm absolutely sure that even many hardline conservatives can grasp such a simple concept.

Look let me ask you a question. What is your stance on US involvement with foreign political affairs anyway? Then we can discuss from there...

So yeah so the United States government should continue to make a mountain out of a molehill by enforcing 'regime change' in the Middle-East and brainwash us Americans with commercial vehicles of nationalistic propaganda making one party and group of people look like savages while the others look like saints. All for the sake of security? There must be alot of paranoid individuals in the Pentagon I would imagine because it is us Americans who are actually the threat to world peace they way we are going as a nation. There's other strategies that I'm sure can be implemented to protect free enterprise and democracy.

It's clearly a failed venture from the start with no winners. I'm absolutely sure that even many hardline conservatives can grasp such a simple concept.

Look let me ask you a question. What is your stance on US involvement with foreign political affairs anyway? Then we can discuss from there...

my policy is this, as long as other countries or religions are human enough to respect other countries and religions, and dont threaten to wipe them off the face of the earth, i have no problem with them. but when they fund savages who want to use violence and murder to kill other groups, they need to be eliminated, not kiss their asses like this president does.

joe

my policy is this, as long as other countries or religions are human enough to respect other countries and religions, and dont threaten to wipe them off the face of the earth, i have no problem with them. but when they fund savages who want to use violence and murder to kill other groups, they need to be eliminated, not kiss their asses like this president does.

joe

I can agree with your viewpoint. However the thing is how the US government chooses to deal with it. Does it really take 10 years to nab one man and some goons? Imagine all of the wasted money on such a military venture as you well know. It doesn't make any sense. Bin Laden is not that brilliant nor is he that talented on military strategy and foreign diplomacy that he can be on the run for that long considering the military resources, technology and skill along with experience that we have as a military force. (Wish I can say something different in regards to certain US Presidents and their former administrations once prevalent in the White House) We practically created some of the militias out there during the Soviet-Afghan war, so obviously we were on top of the game all along not Al-Qaeda.

I think there's more to it than this...

Obama doesn't represent my stance as an American nor does Romney and particularly Bush so I won't go into that particular.

If you must continue this conversation, please do so in the Off-Topic section.

Thanks in advance for your compliance.

Given the nature of the subject we are discussing it is inevitable we will obviously have to bring up points on this supposed "war on terror". Isn't that the jist of the ad in question? I think moving this entire thread to off topic in compliance with MTA Transit forum policy would be the way to go then as everyone here are bringing up valid points that should not be ignored.

I couldn't care less about this, I think both sides are savages... let them kill each other and let some variation of the SAME God sort them out.

I agree with this. End all US aid to Israel and the Middle East and tell them we will provide traditional weapons made in the USA for hard cash. Then walk away, wash our hands of whatever happens, profit, and let them do what they do.

“The greatest purveyor of violence in the world: My own Government, I can not be Silent.”

― Martin Luther King Jr.

Not to burst anyone's bubble of self-forgiving, proactive ignorance but "jihad" means struggle. The greatest amount of "jihad" Muslims go through is against the self–the ego, helping others, looking after the parents, praying on time, being patient and forgiving and, should the occasion arise, fighting against violent oppression. There's no concept of "Holy War" because there's nothing holy about it and the Islamic concept of war is that the ones whom initiate it, the transgressors against peace, are the ones destined for Hell.

For those whom have journalism education you might have come across the concept of accepting a story as true if all the news sources report the same thing... and, verbatim, they report the same thing.

Anyone come across those WMDs that MILLIONS were murdered for? I know... there's always an excuse to blame the raped for being raped.

They already did that, and they were up before this muslim ad.

I'm sure there was only a minor hiccup in response to those, though. It's okay to hate israel, but as soon as you speak out against jihad, you're a racist. Give me a god damn break.

first thing i know all muslims dont subscribe to this, but the islamo-fascists, terrorists, and savages do. this is the mission statement of the Muslim Brotherhood, Hamas, and most sunni followers in yemen, Jordon, and the rest of the mid-east

"Allah is our objective, the Prophet is our leader, the Koran is our law, Jihad is our way, and dying in the way of Allah is our highest hope. Allahu akbar!"

These mutts, who want to install an Islamic caliphate with sharia law throughout the world will not stop and are willing to die for it cannot be negotiated with, they must be eliminated, period.

joe

You, do realize that Islam is just another word for Christian right? They are just where Christians were a millennium ago. Not long after they split from Judaism.

It's all the same thing.

yes i do, but TODAY its the muslim extremists who are doing it. in 1000 years it could be the bhuddists doing it, when that day comes, i hope we stand against them and eliminate them. but TODAY, 2012, we have to take care of the present day threat, period

joe

The problem are extremist muslims that have no problems killing people over making fun of their sacred prophet or holy book. How is a Pakistani official offering a bounty for the 'film maker' justified in this day and age? Of course christians did horrible things in the past with the Crusades and Spanish Inquisition, but it's now 2012, not the middle ages. They need to get over the jihad craze every time some moron makes a stupid joke about the Koran or whatever. No joke is worth killing someone over.

first thing i know all muslims dont subscribe to this, but the islamo-fascists, terrorists, and savages do. this is the mission statement of the Muslim Brotherhood, Hamas, and most sunni followers in yemen, Jordon, and the rest of the mid-east

"Allah is our objective, the Prophet is our leader, the Koran is our law, Jihad is our way, and dying in the way of Allah is our highest hope. Allahu akbar!"

These mutts, who want to install an Islamic caliphate with sharia law throughout the world will not stop and are willing to die for it cannot be negotiated with, they must be eliminated, period.

joe

If you really want to justify these ads with that logic, then by your standards, there should be ads all over about those savage white people, since clearly those KKK members represent the entire community.

Archived