Court Rules That NY MTA Must Run Anti-Jihad Ad.

KeystoneRegional

The problem are extremist muslims that have no problems killing people over making fun of their sacred prophet or holy book. How is a Pakistani official offering a bounty for the 'film maker' justified in this day and age? Of course christians did horrible things in the past with the Crusades and Spanish Inquisition, but it's now 2012, not the middle ages. They need to get over the jihad craze every time some moron makes a stupid joke about the Koran or whatever. No joke is worth killing someone over.

And I'm sure the Jews were saying the same thing a thousand years ago. It will pass when they get tired of it.

Defacing it was uncalled for. Look, I'm not saying I'm for or against the ad, but put our opinions aside and understand that we all have constitutional rights to free speech. You can complain about the ads all you want, but you can't justify vandalism. Would they like it if I spray painted an ad that said "Support Jihad-Defeat Israel"? I don't think so. But they have every right to make an ad like that if they wanted to.

And I'm sure the Jews were saying the same thing a thousand years ago. It will pass when they get tired of it.

My friend we are dealing with a broken system and a dis-illusioned American public. Unfortunately the majority of the American public are buying into popular opinion, rather than actual truth. Don't become jaded like the rest by even wasting your time discussing this with people who insist on their viewpoint just to be in line with popular opinion and viewpoints just so they can feel more accepted by their peers in society.

Defacing it was uncalled for. Look, I'm not saying I'm for or against the ad, but put our opinions aside and understand that we all have constitutional rights to free speech. You can complain about the ads all you want, but you can't justify vandalism. Would they like it if I spray painted an ad that said "Support Jihad-Defeat Israel"? I don't think so. But they have every right to make an ad like that if they wanted to.

That's a pretty lame comparison, considering this ad calls Israelis "civilized" and Muslims "savages," which are clearly that quotes that've angered everybody. It's nothing like an ad about the countries alone: this is about racism to the people. The right to free speech is not the same thing as the right to spew unabashed hate speech. I say graffiti away.

Get tired of it? And how long and how many lives must be lost till that happens?

You already called all middle eastern people savages as it is in a previous thread on this very subject, terrorists or not. I can't really see the credibility of your argument here.

If you really want to justify these ads with that logic, then by your standards, there should be ads all over about those savage white people, since clearly those KKK members represent the entire community.

Reading is FUNDAMENTAL I said that NOt ALL MUSLIMS subscribe to the mission statement from the muslim brotherhood and hamas, so dont even try to throw that crap out there. the KKK does not stand for white people , just like the new black panther party does not stand for blacks, nor ms-13 for hispanics nor any other group of savages stand for all their people

And what dont you get about the difference between what happened 1000 years ago and whats happening today?

My friend we are dealing with a broken system and a dis-illusioned American public. Unfortunately the majority of the American public are buying into popular opinion, rather than actual truth. Don't become jaded like the rest by even wasting your time discussing this with people who insist on their viewpoint just to be in line with popular opinion and viewpoints just so they can feel more accepted by their peers in society.

Popular opinion? tell that to the families of the 241 marines killed at the barracks in beirut, or the family of leon klinghoffer, or the families of the 12 israeli athletes killed at munich in 1972, or to the families of the 3000 killed on 9/11. Join the REAL world

Joe

Apparently, all they assume is any bashing of extremist muslims as bashing them as a whole. And I'm not even siding with Israel here. Violence is violence and there's no excuse for it over something so petty.

You already called all middle eastern people savages as it is in a previous thread on this very subject, terrorists or not. I can't really see the credibility of your argument here.

And yet you still give the current violence a pass just because the christians were just as brutal... So how does 2 wrongs make a right? Violence is violence and should be condemned. Why is that so hard for you to understand?

If it makes you feel better, I apologize for the seemingly blanketed assertions, but I still do not condone the extremism going on in the Middle east over a f*cking video and cartoon. They need to understand parody is parody. god forbid someone dipped a Koran in a toilet like some 'artist' dips a crucifix in a jar of urine and call it 'piss christ'. Do you see Christians calling for a jihad against him?

Popular opinion? tell that to the families of the 241 marines killed at the barracks in beirut, or the family of leon klinghoffer, or the families of the 12 israeli athletes killed at munich in 1972, or to the families of the 3000 killed on 9/11. Join the REAL world

Joe

You are telling me this while being apathetic to the civilians killed at the hands of American soldiers. Let me cite some examples without throwing the history book at you: My Lai, where about 400 Vietnamese were murdered by a U.S. Army unit in 1968. And the use of chemical weapons on civilians during the Vietnam War? And more recently the the 2005 Haditha massacre in Iraq at the hands of American soldiers. Is that excusable? One can only imagine the countless Afghan civilians indiscriminately slaughtered at the hands of US servicemen by the use of bombs from fighter aircraft, bombers and unmanned drones.

Explain that. Give me a reason why we should even show due honor for these soldiers with these atrocities that they've caused.

your moral relativism wont work on me.

In both cases the so-called civilians weren't as innocent as the media spun them out to be. Especially since the US servicemen involved in both cases were brought to trial. If some terrorist jihadist goes off and kills civilians he is celebrated by his own people since they don't care if they are killing our troops or our civilians they just want to kill all the Americans, and westerners for that matter.

You are telling me this while being apathetic to the civilians killed at the hands of American soldiers. Let me cite some examples without throwing the history book at you: My Lai, where about 400 Vietnamese were murdered by a U.S. Army unit in 1968. And the use of chemical weapons on civilians during the Vietnam War? And more recently the the 2005 Haditha massacre in Iraq at the hands of American soldiers. Is that excusable? One can only imagine the countless Afghan civilians indiscriminately slaughtered at the hands of US servicemen by the use of bombs from fighter aircraft, bombers and unmanned drones.

Explain that. Give me a reason why we should even show due honor for these soldiers with these atrocities that they've caused.

yes our soldiers have committed some atrocities and have been punished, but when you are fighting an enemy that hides among civilians and initiate combat with our soldiers, unfortunatelly civilians will die. but like foxie said, if they are harboring and supporting them, they arent so innocent.

And if you dont honor these troops, not the ones convicted of atrocities, but the ones who fought in all wars to keep your freedom to hate them, you are a sorry, pathetic person

Joe

Here we go now with you and your ultra PC fascist viewpoints insisting that others accept it. If we dare criticize the government you label us as heretics. Because the truth is that this country is enforcing it's goal of neo-imperialism throughout this entire globe, setting itself up for a huge fall. However none of you can accept that. Mislead by false propaganda to the point of no return. How foolish.

Really not surprised by the knee jerk reactions. What your problem is that you are not willing to accept the truth, neither can you accept progress, advancement and change for the common good of all people in America.

In both cases the so-called civilians weren't as innocent as the media spun them out to be. Especially since the US servicemen involved in both cases were brought to trial. If some terrorist jihadist goes off and kills civilians he is celebrated by his own people since they don't care if they are killing our troops or our civilians they just want to kill all the Americans, and westerners for that matter.

You're a moron on the matter.

And because of the My Lai massacre, most of the Vietnamese people who witnessed the event and were on our side turned Commie.

Then you wonder why they don't like us. Gee, maybe people wouldn't turn if they weren't shooting innocent civilians instead of the actual perpetrators.

And they were innocent, unless you’re alos saying that the children and babies that were slaughtered were also the enemy.

Resorting to personal attacks now, are we? Guess you cant refute my points...

Maybe you're points are nonsensical and irrational, and quite frankly, they represent a logic that has justified the killings of ethnic and religious groups throughout the ages. And because you and 909 now justified that if civilians look and act a certain way, then it's justified to kill them. Basically, you're telling us that if you couldn't tell the difference between a regular civilian and a soldier, that you're gonna shot the civilian because, uh, he looks the same as the other guy and that he might be supporting them. Like the Nazis, you know, "Let's kill all the Jews because they all support each other and they look the same". Honestly, your points exhibit paranoia, idiocy, and xenophobic and racist undertones.

Also, congratulations, you've also just justified the kidnappings and murders of our citizens in foreign places, since it's the same logic that our enemies have shown ("Every Westerner tries to defame out Prophet and etc., so we should kill every one of them).

yes our soldiers have committed some atrocities and have been punished, but when you are fighting an enemy that hides among civilians and initiate combat with our soldiers, unfortunatelly civilians will die. but like foxie said, if they are harboring and supporting them, they arent so innocent.

And if you dont honor these troops, not the ones convicted of atrocities, but the ones who fought in all wars to keep your freedom to hate them, you are a sorry, pathetic person

Joe

Don’t give me that "Our military fights for our freedom, so you should honor them" crap. It's an easy way of getting rid of someone you don't agree with. I honor soldiers because they put their lives on the line in combat situations, and because they have more guts than you or me to be fighting in a war and risking their lives. You mind telling me what freedom of ours they're defending? Because they're not fighting in the US, they're fighting elsewhere, where our freedoms are untouched.

But if some of them go around intentionally killing civilians, it's a violation of military law (UCMJ Article 118). You can look it up yourself. I wouldn't pride myself in supporting acts of intentionally committing murder of civilians, unlike you. If anything, you're the pathetic one.

Also, nice way of pushing aside a massacre of 347 innocent civilians. And I noticed you still didn’t condone the actions of the responsible ones.

But if some of them go around intentionally killing civilians, it's a violation of military law (UCMJ Article 118). You can look it up yourself. I wouldn't pride myself in supporting acts of intentionally committing murder of civilians, unlike you. If anything, you're the pathetic one.

which I happened to mention in a previous post that the soldiers involved in both incidents were brought on trial.

This isnt warfare in the traditional sense anymore, you have an enemy that hides behind innocent civilians. With that said, sometimes innocent people are unfortunately going to be killed, how do you know that person in the village is going to shoot you in the back when you arent looking? How do you know that innocent person isnt secretly telling the jihadists where the american soldiers are going? You cant win a war when you are worried about offending the people you are fighting against. Imagine General Patton and Franklin Roosevelt appologizing to the germans and the japanese while fighting WW2, we would never have won the war with that kind of attitude.

Had it not been for the US Military, you wouldn't have the freedoms you do to criticize them and our government. Try living in a country like Iran and see how far criticizing the Iranian military and government gets you.

WRONG!!!!!!

The people who wrote the Constitution aka. "The Supreme Law of The Land", are responsible.

But as the years go by, we lose more and more rights stated in said Constitution. Which the Bill of rights is apart of before anyone thinks to use that as a comeback.

It's sad how many of you lambs are so far under the governments control that you can't even decide for yourselves what is right and what is wrong. Trying to justify our "freedom" as an excuse for all the wrong the United States has done at the expense of US people. The people who fight in our military basically signed their lives away so excuse me If I don't care about them as to the government, they are like foot soldiers in Power Rangers. We are not free no matter how hard you try to believe that we are. Especially now that if our military saw my comments, they could assume I'm an extremist and throw me in Guantanamo Bay without a thought or trial. Call that free? It's a good thing the Constitution gives us the right to overthrow our government because I give it another 50-100 years before we do.

END.

which I happened to mention in a previous post that the soldiers involved in both incidents were brought on trial.

This isnt warfare in the traditional sense anymore, you have an enemy that hides behind innocent civilians. With that said, sometimes innocent people are unfortunately going to be killed, how do you know that person in the village is going to shoot you in the back when you arent looking? How do you know that innocent person isnt secretly telling the jihadists where the american soldiers are going? You cant win a war when you are worried about offending the people you are fighting against. Imagine General Patton and Franklin Roosevelt appologizing to the germans and the japanese while fighting WW2, we would never have won the war with that kind of attitude.

But see, you're justifying the killing of any citizen who you think and who may be actively supporting the enemy. Going a further step, you're justifying killing them because you assume that because they're part of the same racial, ethnic, or religious group, that they will all, and wholeheartedly, support the enemy.

It's a bit different if you know for a fact that they are supplying the enemy.

WRONG!!!!!!

The people who wrote the Constitution aka. "The Supreme Law of The Land", are responsible.

If we are invaded by a foreign power, you can kiss the constiution, and all its rights and freedoms goodbye. Thats why the US Military is essential to defend the constitution against foreign enemies.

Had it not been for the US Military, you wouldn't have the freedoms you do to criticize them and our government. Try living in a country like Iran and see how far criticizing the Iranian military and government gets you.

If we are invaded by a foreign power, you can kiss the constiution, and all its rights and freedoms goodbye. Thats why the US Military is essential to defend the constitution against foreign enemies.

But you just wrote that it was the military that gave us our freedom. They didn't. Our Founding Fathers did. The military serves for the protection our country and its constitution. It never wrote the Constitution.

And I don't see any country, including China and Iran, invading us in the future. Attacking us on our soil, maybe, but we got more technology, more weapons, and more firepower than any of those countries. What's Iran gonna do, bomb us with it's one nuke? We'll bomb it right back. China? If any war is going to happen, it will be in the South China sea.

Archived