Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
HumbeesKing

MTA Conductor position and my Background check*

Hello all i have a question regarding my tax record's. A year ago my tax preparer listed on my tax's that i attended a college in which i was never even enrolled in (I know stupid of me not to notice). My question to everyone does this hold grounds for any negative feedback during my hiring process and back ground check?

Do they even look that deep into the tax records ?

Why would the MTA look into your tax records? From what I read they just look into your past work experience and do a criminal background check. I think someone who already works for the MTA could clarify further.

Why would the MTA look into your tax records? From what I read they just look into your past work experience and do a criminal background check. I think someone who already works for the MTA could clarify further.

Thank you for the timely response. I hope thats the case.

MTA

MTA is a blanket company that covers TA (NYC Transit), Metro North Railroad and Long Island Railroad. The reason LIRR 154 asked which company within the MTA is because each company's hiring process varies a little bit.