Scientists find marijuana compound fights cancer

mark1447

Scientists at California Pacific Medical Center in San Francisco have discovered that cannabidiol has the ability of switching off DNA that cause some cancers to spread.

A pair of scientists have found that a compound derived from marijuana can be used to stop the growth of in many types of fatal cancer. The compound has so far proved to stop metastasis of aggressive cancer in animal test subjects when exposed to cannabidiol. Pleased with the result of this lengthy study, molecular biologists' are eager to begin human trials according to The Huffington Post.

"It took us about 20 years of research to figure this out, but we are very excited," said Pierre Desprez a molecular biologist at California Pacific Medical Center. "We want to get started with trials as soon as possible."

Desprez added that molecular biologists' may not of discovered this breakthrough on their own without collaboration of fellow researcher Sean McAllister who was preforming studies on the cannabis plant.

The new research may just prove the medical use of marijuana once and for all, opening the doors to forcing the federal government to accept and end the prohibition on medical cannabis. As it stands currently, all forms of marijuana is seen as illegal federally and seen as having no medical purpose, but this just maybe subject to change.

Source: http://www.examiner.com/article/scientists-find-marijuana-compound-fights-cancer

Meanwhile we have so many people with heart disease and circulatory problems, even diabetes because of alcohol overindulgence. While marajuana is much safer to use, a solid medically proven fact. But because of these idiotic interest groups and pro drug war advocates over a complete failure of a campaign it still stands that this is calassified as an illegal drugs. Meanwhile we have OTC medications that are many times over more toxic.

As a disclaimer I am not excusing the violent drug gangs or defending the use of seriously dangerous drugs such as crack or PCP. But I do believe in freedom of choice.

Exactly. I think the current ban on marijuana is doing more of a dis-service to the public then anything. It can be smoked or even eaten in much the same tradition as people enjoying wine with meals. Plus it will not kill you like alcohol let alone the psychiatric harm, much more so, that alcohol can cause to the mind, when in excess when compared to weed.

There's a political obstacle here that could not be overcome as of yet to make this a reality. It has to do with the current strategy with the Mexican Drug War. Once upon a time Secretary of State Clinton even suggested legalization of marijuana and so did President Obama because they could not until then be able to even consider the domestic problems we are experiencing on home soil apparently.

Too bad there's no strain of weed that prevents frequent smokers from becoming braindead idiots. All I hear out of them is "smoke all day 420 kushhhhhhljkearejrekj.

Thats because the people you know or see who act like that are naturally idiots. They were probably low IQ and dumb before the weed, They would be that way without the weed. The guy who owns the company I do computer work for is a major pot head yet his business pulls in $500,000 in sales per month, hes a middle school drop out and is a self taught engineer. Everything he has, he worked for and had no help from anyone else.

someone who lives near me smokes the stuff and I CAN nOT stand the smell.

To start with, I find the entire concept of puting something that is on fire in your mouth beyond idiotic.

secondly, actually sitting there smoking it is pointless, all you need is the chemical, which could easily be extracted and administered in a diffrent method.

Why is everyone hopped up over a dam plant that makes you want to sit and listen to the Greatful Dead and Cypress Hills all day.

Thats because the people you know or see who act like that are naturally idiots. They were probably low IQ and dumb before the weed, They would be that way without the weed. The guy who owns the company I do computer work for is a major pot head yet his business pulls in $500,000 in sales per month, hes a middle school drop out and is a self taught engineer. Everything he has, he worked for and had no help from anyone else.

For once, I may actually be in agreement with you.

someone who lives near me smokes the stuff and I CAN nOT stand the smell.

To start with, I find the entire concept of puting something that is on fire in your mouth beyond idiotic.

secondly, actually sitting there smoking it is pointless, all you need is the chemical, which could easily be extracted and administered in a diffrent method.

Why is everyone hopped up over a dam plant that makes you want to sit and listen to the Greatful Dead and Cypress Hills all day.

1. If anything it is a purer substance than tobacco. Really it is similar to the smell other plants give off when they are burned. -_-

2. Fair enough. :mellow:

3. Yes, but why would you go through that trouble. <_<

4. LMFAO! It's Cypress Hill, and you say it like it is a bad thing. :lol:

Stoner music can go a whole lot better than that...probably half my music is reggae (ganja) and psychedelic rock (LSD, heroin, etc.). Don't need to be a stoner to enjoy it though!

I've said it before, I'll say it again. Legalize it. Pot is one of those cases of old white people dictating something the country wants but can't have, and it's insane. The war on drugs needs to end.

I've said it before, I'll say it again. Legalize it.

I knew a guy

his name was George.

he owned a pub.

He was coming home from said pub in a taxi early one morning about a year ago.

said taxi was hit by a car being driven by a person high on pot and having more pot in the car, going the wrong way on the LIE service road at full speed.

george died.

and as far as I care, that useless plant is at fault.

the only thing "pot" deserves is extinction.

I knew a guy

his name was George.

he owned a pub.

said taxi was hit by a car being driven by a person high on pot and having more pot in the car, going the wrong way on the LIE service road at full speed.

george died.

Very saw to hear about George.

You know what's a much more potent drug than pot? Alcohol.

What should we do about alcohol? Ban that too?

I knew a guy

his name was George.

he owned a pub.

george died.

I'm so sorry to hear what happened to him, however the driver could have easily been intoxicated by alcohol or another drug.

We as a country, no a society can not go starting prohibition over something that has a has a risk. If that where the case, driving itself wouldn't be allowed. You could just as easily crash without being intoxicated. No, this is why laws and regulation are put in place.

I knew a guy

his name was George.

he owned a pub.

george died.

So every time someone drives on the wrong side, we will blame the problem of a plant. Got it.

Everyone saying the plant makes people idiots and such, needs to re-evaluate who is actually taking the drug. Of all the people I know that does weed, maybe 10% are idiots afterwards. The other 90% seem sane, just pretty much has the regular side effects afterwards. Such as hunger and laughter.

Red herring. Like MHV so eloquently put, white people are the problem.

You're not so innocent yourself. You take no responsibility for half of your posts.

Don't begin this redundant debate. I'm not going to engage in disscussion with you if you are just going to be antagonising others.

Archived