Staten Island Ferry!!! (56k warning)

metsfan

My girlfriend and i took a trip to staten island and back last thursday (july 17), and here are the photos & videos from the trip!

I will add the videos later due to the massive amount of photos taking so long to upload.

P7170174.jpg

P7170175.jpg

P7170176.jpg

P7170177.jpg

P7170178.jpg

P7170179.jpg

P7170180.jpg

P7170181.jpg

P7170182.jpg

P7170183.jpg

P7170184.jpg

P7170185.jpg

P7170187.jpg

P7170188.jpg

P7170189.jpg

P7170190.jpg

More in next post...

- Andy

Nice shots Andy!

How much SIF costs? I forgot since it's been so long...

Thanks!!!

It is totally free! On a clearer day i might have gone on 2-3 round trips!

- Andy

Damn! So many photos! Sucks that it was a hazy day.

And damn, I forgot the "Peaceboat" was in town. Looks like they got the repairs done.

I was really in my element that day, so it was VERY productive.

Also on haze... the thing is, is that clear days are nice, but this is an authentic hot summer day, with haze and all, with all the shipping activity in full swing. It was at least 90 out over the water, with a nice cool breeze coming from the ocean. The breeze made the ferry ride a lot of fun, because it wasn't some lackadaisical ho-hum crossing ,they kept having to correct trajectory every 100 feet or so allowing views of various places normally obstructed.

I really wanted to capture an average hot summer day in the middle of the day. I feel that i did that, and i will be back again later in the year to get some autumn and winter photos.

- Andy

Nice shots dude! The BK Bridbe shot is my favorite..... for obvious reasons!:P

Thanks! :)

Yea, i made it a real point to get the bridges in as much as i could, because it's a really good place to see all 4 that i got. Next time i'm in the city i'll be getting a tram ride with photos of the tram and stuff by roosevelt island.

- Andy

Archived