Exclusive Speak Peak: 2013 RTS Legend

East New York

NYCTF Exclusive Sneak-Peak

2013 RTS Legend. Altoona certified, and ready to go! This bus will be painted, and have its decals applied next week. At which time it will be shipped off to a potential customer as a demo, then head to it's new potential owner as a demo/pilot.

It's great to see the high mount rear exhaust back! And what is this?????...... Is whiteback now the standard??

2012demo004_zps53987ed3.jpg

2012 Demo/Pilot. Actual 2013 model may differ slightly.

NYCTF Exclusive Sneak-Peak

2013 RTS Legend. Altoona certified, and ready to go! This bus will be painted, and have its decals applied next week. At which time it will be shipped off to a potential customer as a demo, then head to it's new potential owner as a demo/pilot.

It's great to see the high mount rear exhaust back! And what is this?????...... Is whiteback now the standard??

2012demo004_zps53987ed3.jpg

In the vein of the original design... If only they still made V-drive transmissions... The V-drive was what made this bus a true legend

For some reason the bus looks so OLD!

Given that the RTS was so successful in the past, they're keeping the old look to preserve the bus in it's entirety I guess. Looks kind of weird if you ask me. Give me time to get used to it.

If the design ain't broke, don't change it. Now, if only they can bring back the fishbowl design :)

When I said the same thing months ago, someone said that someone was looking into that! Seems hard to believe. I'd expect at least the Classic design to be up for revival.

Another great exclusive ENY!

About the rooftop exhaust, I'm actually not surprised its retained. And other than OTR coaches, I thought it was to be standard on all transit buses?

They are standard. However, the only Millennium built buses with roof exhaust were the NJT Pilots, the Altoona Engineering bus, and the Extreme low floor. NJT sec'd a street side exhaust.

Prevost is the only OTR coach with roof-top exhaust IIRC.

Nice! I'm assuming it has the same front end as the buses built for NJT, Pueblo, etc.?

For now yes..... Slightly revised in the bumper area as you will see when more shots of this bus are released this week. The Legend will likely retain the same front end for ever, with the Express and Extreme models introducing the new front end styling.

If the design ain't broke, don't change it. Now, if only they can bring back the fishbowl design

It's called the Metro 45C from NABI, as close as anyone will get !!

I always said the 45C evoked a fishbowl (has something to do with the curvature of the sides plus the windshield), but then the Orion NG's do too. (The way the sign sticks out of the top of the windshield).

What really makes a fishbowl is the sides (the slanted window design), but the 45C is pretty much the same as any other modern design in that area; or more specifically, like the New Flyers. I guess with the rear door being truly in the middle and not closer to the rear (due to the added length). If they lengthened the windows (having one less on each side of the door), then it would be a lot like a Classic.

Archived