NJT bus drivers don't always get along!!!

Juan833Blue

When I got off NJT NABI #5871 on the 181 a few hours ago, before I got off that Driver said; You need to stop recording videos on the bus because you could get arrested." What is he thinking, he just ruined my day!!! Can't that Meadowlands Driver just get along, I just hate it when that happens and I will not ride with that driver again!!! Trust me, there's nothing wrong doing a video recording on an NJT Bus. Maybe because that the driver didn't want me to do a recording on the bus, oh well. Moral of the story, ride on an NJT Bus with a driver who is considerate, good NJT Drivers are always essential.

I thought this would be a depot versus depot thing or something. Anyway dude, don't be afraid to get a little assertive. You as a passenger have rights, and I'm positive that the OP made some sort of threat. I'm sure that he could be easily reprimanded.

Quite Frankly, I'll never take the 181 again, especially with that rude driver scolding me when I got off yesterday!!! From now on when I get off on the 128 @ Palisade Plaza I'll wait for the 156 or walk about 2-3 blocks to Bergenline Avenue and catch the 22, 84 or 159.

I thought this would be a depot versus depot thing or something. Anyway dude, don't be afraid to get a little assertive. You as a passenger have rights, and I'm positive that the OP made some sort of threat. I'm sure that he could be easily reprimanded.

Do something like thatg and he'll throw your ass off the bus, I almost learned that the hard way. Ask for the badge number and walk away, maybe call NJT later if you think the B/O was rude. If he refuses to provide that then you got a problem, call NJT ASAP. Best thing to do is sit down and sneak the camera out or make an audio recording the B/O won't see you making like I did with the Veolia B/O.

I think part of the reason that the bus operator became irate like that is because he doesn't want himself to be filmed while on the clock. That in principle could be a invasion of his own privacy, making it harder for him to survive the shift, do his job, put in his hours and go home. So yeah, go ahead and get the cameras rolling, but do it discreetly and carefully so as not to distract the B/O.

I think part of the reason that the bus operator became irate like that is because he doesn't want himself to be filmed while on the clock. That in principle could be a invasion of his own privacy, making it harder for him to survive the shift, do his job, put in his hours and go home. So yeah, go ahead and get the cameras rolling, but do it discreetly and carefully so as not to distract the B/O.

We work in a public eye where we can be filmed at any moment, cant accept that? Then working in public is not for you. Some of these b/os are complete utter a**holes who just seem mad for no reason, and this is coming from of a b/o. If you wanted his badge number its located uneath the front camera. Its suppose to be either showing the drivers name or badge number. If he didnt have it up then all you need is the bus number and time you were on the bus or run number. My word to you juan is to keep on recording and continue to record on the 181.

The way I was looking at this was in the sense that with the many recent videos of transit employees deviating on the job going viral it must have made many other employees feel uneasy nowadays. Even for those who love to be in the spotlight. But that's just my take on it as an IT professional looking in.....

The way I was looking at this was in the sense that with the many recent videos of transit employees deviating on the job going viral it must have made many other employees feel uneasy nowadays.

Totally agree with this. It just seems in this world of technology, everything and everybody is being scrutinized so closely... even if the B/O wasn't doing anything wrong, SOMEBODY will find something wrong and it must have just made him uncomfortable.

We work in a public eye where we can be filmed at any moment, cant accept that? Then working in public is not for you. Some of these b/os are complete utter a**holes who just seem mad for no reason, and this is coming from of a b/o. If you wanted his badge number its located uneath the front camera. Its suppose to be either showing the drivers name or badge number. If he didnt have it up then all you need is the bus number and time you were on the bus or run number. My word to you juan is to keep on recording and continue to record on the 181.

Nice Words, Buddy!!!

or any other route like the 128, 129, 165, 166 or 168, just to name a few.

I like the pictures and videos that you put don't this put you down because of a little snafu of an angry b/o which for me riding a lot on buses there most b/o's that are friendly. Sure its not easy going through traffic, dollar vans or even jaywalkers but they get it done

Yea i agree i do like the photos you put up but yea they look at me but dont say anything on the 188 took it from edgewater to 61st JFK at the last stop i asked if i could take a pic he was happy and said go ahead was a cool driver but yea some are like that because they feel you're taking a picture of them when in reality you're getting a pic of the bus imo lol

Archived