Remember 1808?

Cait Sith

So it was repaired then?

Makes sense Daimler refused to do it hence they're leaving the market.

Either its going to get repaired or already is.

My question is, would this unit go straight to NICE or do we get to keep it?

-EDIT- Topic moved since this isn't completely about NICE

The private sanitation company's insurance is suppose to be paying for it. Then I would think the bus would be returned to Nassau county. If I were in charge of this I would have the bus returned to full MTA livery just to stick it to NICE one last time.

Just reading the report shows that that no one wants to take responsibiltity. Bad enough Orion is shutting down, but here comes NICE with this B.S. What a clusterf-ck. Honestly they deserve nothing, let them pay for another bus.

The private sanitation company's insurance is suppose to be paying for it. Then I would think the bus would be returned to Nassau county. If I were in charge of this I would have the bus returned to full MTA livery just to stick it to NICE one last time.

Exactly, why is the MTA left holding the bag for the repairs? Total bs.

For the most part it is it still labeled MTA Long Island bus when I saw it in Grand CMF on Wednesday. It is being prepped for DOT insp. @ Grand.

1804 was the one t-boned by that speeding van right? I can't see that being fixed up.

As for this, I know this happened under the MTA's ownership, but still, their bus was hit by another driver. It should be taken care of via insurance purposes, ie:MTA doesn't pay for the repairs. I also think that Nassau should at least pay something if they want that bus back. It's not like they are paying the price of a new bus.

At the end of the first paragraph it says after getting repaired its gonna head to Long island, so it might be theirs

1804 was the one t-boned by that speeding van right? I can't see that being fixed up.

As for this, I know this happened under the MTA's ownership, but still, their bus was hit by another driver. It should be taken care of via insurance purposes, ie:MTA doesn't pay for the repairs. I also think that Nassau should at least pay something if they want that bus back. It's not like they are paying the price of a new bus.

Yes it was...and it was caught on camera. There's no hope for that one the frame was damaged. It was written-off

I just thought of something. The (MTA) gets the bus repaired for free, then uses it on LIRR Service to kinda tease Nassau County and show who has the upper hand.

and what would something so petty like that accomplish? I'd like to think and I'd like to hope that (MTA) management is more professional than that.

This is just about laying out the money until the private insurance company pays out (perhaps after they go to court if it is not a clear-cut case). The MTA authorized the repair in the first place, so they will pay for it up front. Why do you guys think the MTA wants to mess around with NICE over $100,000. That is nothing to the MTA. The administrative headache and cost of getting money from NICE and then giving them back the 100,000 after it is paid would probably cost more than 100,000 itself!

What is the matter with some of you people? Let whatever petty gripes you have with Veolia go. The bus was bought with grants meant for Nassau county. The MTA is responsible for any bus they were operating under long Island bus. The MTA is not paying anything insurance will cover it, IF the MTA found themselves paying our out of pocket due to a situation where they were liable or have to pay because another party didn't have insure insurance or was under insured, well that's the price you pay for deciding to be self insured.

The MTA made an agreement that they would turn buses over in good working condition, 1808 was far from it. They're responsible, how in the hell would Veolia be on the hook to take care of a damaged bus that was in an accident Bedford before they even knew where Nassau County was?

All these comments about stick it to Veolia, let them pay, or let Nassau pay is petty nonsense. MTA knows they're on the hook that's why they fixed the bus.

It seems no one wanted to touch this bus that's execpt except for the one party. I hope Veolia goes over this bus with a fine tooth comb (if it does go back to Nassau) to make sure it is 100% safe for passengers and it is not shoddy work, and deny delivery if it isn't up to par, we are talking about a rebuilt wreck that needs 1/4 of the purchase price (not even depreciated value) in work to make it road worthy.

I am curious what will happen considering this bus has been repaired after Veolua/Nassau made an order to Orion including 2 buses to replace the damaged buses...?

***edit*** I typed this quickly on my phone when I was on the train, stupid auto correct....

What is the matter with some of you people? Let whatever petty gripes you have with Veolia go. The bus was bought with grants meant for Nassau county. The MTA is responsible for any bus they operating under long Island bus. The MTA is not paying anything insurance will cover it, IF the MTA found them selves paying our of pocket due to a situation where they were liable or have to pay because another party didn't have insure or was under insured, well that's the price you pay for deciding to be self insured.

The MTA made an agreement that they would turn buses over in good working condition, 1808 was far from it. They're responsible, how in the hell would Veolia be on the hook to take care of a damaged bus that was in an accident Bedford they even knew where Nassau County was?

All these comments about stick it to Veolia, let them pay, or let Nassau pay is petty nonsense. MTA knows they're on the hook that's why they fixed the bus.

It seems no one wanted to touch this bus that's execpt for the one party. I hope Veolia goes over this bus with a fine tooth comb (if it does go back to Nassau) to make sure it is 100% safe for passengers and it is not shoddy work, and deny delivery if it isn't up to par, we are talking about a rebuilt wreck that needs 1/4 of the purchase price (not even depreciated value) in work to make it road worthy.

I am curious what will happen considering this bus has been repaired after Veolua/Nassau made an order to Orion including 2 buses to replace the damaged buses...?

I forgot Nassau ordered 2 buses to replace the wrecked ones, now I'm interested to see what happens here.

Archived