Which bus route do you hate the most?

alekr

I don't find the Q113 LTD crowded . Rush hours maybe more people take it but that's it.

Q113 Limited is always crowded even the local......I can't stand that route

The Q85.. which unfortunately is the one of the routes I frequent the most..

It is never on schedule.... Buses are always 3-7 minutes late or some runs are even MIA... Buses never get to Jamaica on time so I end up missing the (E) train that it was SUPPOSED to connect with and have to wait for another one.... IT is very indirect as well.... A lot of elderly people use the 85 too (especially in rochdale village) even though i always see access-a-ride... And buses take forever at Jamaica Center and always come bunched.. if you went to Jamaica Center during rush hour, you would notice that the Q85 line is the longest out of all the routes there...

You must catch the Q85 on your bad days. The Q85 is more frequent than that lame Q5. I see more Q85's than Q5's.

The Q5 is one of the Queens routes I hate. It goes to two different destinations and it's never on time. Its slow and the Limited is even worse. Crowded for no damn reason. Passengers always run to the Q5 just to get off anywhere b/w Jamaica Center and Baisley Blvd when there is a Q4/84 and Q85 that makes the same damn stops and/or go the same direction. That route needs major improvement

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The M34 SBS type of buses is so wrong. What they were thinking?! Come on it on the 34th street corridor use the articulated buses like the M15?! I mean it is so super packed

Be patient, artics are coming to the M34 SBS soon.

I rode the route a number of times in June and August, both in midday and the afternoon rush, and thought the bus lanes worked pretty well. The biggest delays were from boarding and alighting but not really any worse than any other busy bus route.

That last part can sum up every bus route... sadly.

Pretty much certain stuends is what makes the ride suck. I'm cool with any route I get on.

With School back in session, only the Middays you will find a quiet ride. AM you get it with children who are not super hyper (like the afternoon). [Weekday related btw]

I personally can't stand the B1. Frequent trips that are more than 10 minutes late, or just MIA, and the buses are frequently packed to the point of having issues getting on.

Depends on where you board them. From Kingsborough to Ocean Parkway (including short turns, that bus is like every minute)

I'd have to say the B36, I have so many personal ties to that route but its a flat out joke sometimes, I've waited upwards of 50 minutes in the rush hour only to see 8+ CI Bound buses and no Sheepshead Bay bound buses sometimes when waiting at W5th and Neptune, and like stated before it comes when it wants more than any other bus I ride, that and the B68 which of late bunches more often than ever, I'll be waiting at Ci Ave and Ave Z so see 4 sometimes 5 CI Term Bound B68's in a row, and same going to Windsor Terrace. And I"m sure u thought I'd say the B4 but that is way too obvious from what I've said about that route in the past, nuff said.

It also depends for me:

The B44: The only part of that route I do not enjoy is Nostrand/Fulton. Everyone and their mother gets on at that stop. Buses pulling in can only have a few passengers and then leave, SRO or even packed.

This, so much. The line (well, mob) of people waiting at that stop just never ends.

I don't really think the service/conditions on any line is bad enough for me to hate it, but who knows, maybe SBS on the B44 will be enough to change my mind.

Although, I do get annoying by lines I find slow or underutilized (i.e. M101 or Bx33)

Q113 Limited is always crowded even the local......I can't stand that route

You must catch the Q85 on your bad days. The Q85 is more frequent than that lame Q5. I see more Q85's than Q5's.

The Q5 is one of the Queens routes I hate. It goes to two different destinations and it's never on time. Its slow and the Limited is even worse. Crowded for no damn reason. Passengers always run to the Q5 just to get off anywhere b/w Jamaica Center and Baisley Blvd when there is a Q4/84 and Q85 that makes the same damn stops and/or go the same direction. That route needs major improvement

Lol well from what I have seen in the 6 months I have been living down here, I always see Q5s way more than Q85s.. I have taken the Q5s 3x (not during the rush at least) and it was quicker than the Q85... But IMO, the past 2 days the 85 LTD has been really good during the AM and today, it was bunched (2 LTDs) but it was quicker.. lol... Maybe it was bad days.. Oh and I always see the Q5 really packed or crushed, and most of the people DO get off before Baisley which I don't understand either..

I'd have to say the B36, I have so many personal ties to that route but its a flat out joke sometimes, I've waited upwards of 50 minutes in the rush hour only to see 8+ CI Bound buses and no Sheepshead Bay bound buses sometimes when waiting at W5th and Neptune, and like stated before it comes when it wants more than any other bus I ride, that and the B68 which of late bunches more often than ever, I'll be waiting at Ci Ave and Ave Z so see 4 sometimes 5 CI Term Bound B68's in a row, and same going to Windsor Terrace. And I"m sure u thought I'd say the B4 but that is way too obvious from what I've said about that route in the past, nuff said.

The B36 and B68 do have some issues with bunching in one direction. I've seen it myself. Other than the fact it's infrequent the B4 is fine.

Of late the B4 has been good, a few months ago, Im waiting 40 minutes to an hour for the bus all the time on the weekends.

40 minutes to an hour. Must be because the bust that was supposed to show up like 20-30 minutes ago must have broken down or something on the B4.

Q85 more frequent than Q5... :lol:

B54. That route is too inconvenient and just pisses me off...

My issue with the B54 is the stop placements, especially on the eastbound direction.

The routes I hate the most is the B38. In my area, many westbound LTD and local trips are scheduled to come together(if not one or two minutes apart), which can be a bitch if you miss both. And then the traffic on DeKalb slows down between Nostrand and Classon. I don't take the B38 eastbound as the B54 is closer to my home. But when I did take B38, the traffic was always slowed at Classon (because of that second traffic lights), but it wasn't as bad as at Dekalb.

Q3: Buses during the Rush Hours bunch/infrequent & w/crowding issues as a result (obviously). B/O's seem to slug down the route at long distances (except midnights.)

Q20A/B & Q44: The Bulk of John Bowne kids enough said...

Q30: A fair share of out of control schoolkids in the system (alongside Q31 & others.) Also Bunches to the point where passenegers (including me) have to wait for like 6-8 buses to board on.

Q46: At times late or missing runs when you least need it to be. Bunching problems of it's own (Don't have to go over it again.) Every once in a while there's a certain moron who can't tell a LTD from a local & gets aggy when their local stop is missed (happened months ago on the Limited.)

Archived