Which bus route do you hate the most?

alekr

I rode the Q77 the other day, and Ill say this, my mom will probably enjoy that route, being that she is a senior citizen and still works within the city public school system...

I looked at its schedule and compared it with Q76 guess what Q77 is not timed with Q76 for continuing service along frances lewis and runs every 30 mins at off peak and saturday while all surrounding lines run much more frequent. Of course it will be more reliable than Q5/85& the 3 those lines are much more frequent and have greater margins for error so not a fair comparison.Yes I did use Q77 to 76 like hell if you think a normal person is gonna wait 15 mins in nyc for a transfer this is not NJT buddy. Good point though.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I looked at its schedule and compared it with Q76 guess what Q77 is not timed with Q76 for continuing service along frances lewis and runs every 30 mins at off peak and saturday while all surrounding lines run much more frequent. Of course it will be more reliable than Q5/85& the 3 those lines are much more frequent and have greater margins for error so not a fair comparison.Yes I did use Q77 to 76 like hell if you think a normal person is gonna wait 15 mins in nyc for a transfer this is not NJT buddy. Good point though.

Because people coming from SE Queens on F Lewis, don't wanna go North, they wanna go to Jamaica, duh ! They have those headways because ridership and demand isn't as high as other routes (i.e. Q43, Q5, Q85)

Because people coming from SE Queens on F Lewis, don't wanna go North, they wanna go to Jamaica, duh ! They have those headways because ridership and demand isn't as high as other routes (i.e. Q43, Q5, Q85)

The Q77 is a "coverage" route. It does fill in a gap, but it get ridership. Anyways most of the ridership is school children lol. Anyways to me

Bronx

Bx36: Too Crowded

Queens

Q38

Manhattan

M11: Too boring

Brooklyn:

B41: Self-Explanitory

Staten Island

S56

The Q77 is a "coverage" route. It does fill in a gap, but it get ridership. Anyways most of the ridership is school children lol. Anyways to me

Bronx

Bx36: Too Crowded

Queens

Q38

Manhattan

Brooklyn:

Staten Island

S56

Of course I know that lol, and actually a lot of adults ride it, not only schoolkids. Many people underestimate the Q77 lol..

Oh I don't find the M11 boring either...

Few thoughts:

I rode the Q77 the other day, and Ill say this, my mom will probably enjoy that route, being that she is a senior citizen and still works within the city public school system...

Yep, I have (well, I'm not sure if they still live out there, but) family that lives along Francis Lewis along the Q77....

When I would visit them on select weekends, you'd get quite a bit of older women (some of which were church goers) riding the route....

I don't see what is so hard to comprehend about that... The riderbases are extremely different on the two routes....

He's still stuck on wanting to combine the Q76 & the Q77, that's all it is....

Oh I don't find the M11 boring either...

I wouldn't say it's boring, but I'm not too fond of the ride for other reasons..... The one positive I will say about the route/ride is that it enters riverbank park... don't care for the terminal across the street/opposite side of the tracks from 3333 broadway (135th/broadway) though....

Manhattan

Brooklyn:

Don't mind the 11 or the 41 bus much at all...the M11 is the only way to head uptown or downtown far West in Manhattan, and while it's too slow (needs a Limited), it's still crucial. B41 I'd go so far to say I like...get a nice FB RTS, hopefully catch the Limited, and you move along pretty well.

Few thoughts:

Yep, I have (well, I'm not sure if they still live out there, but) family that lives along Francis Lewis along the Q77....

When I would visit them on select weekends, you'd get quite a bit of older women (some of which were church goers) riding the route....

I don't see what is so hard to comprehend about that... The riderbases are extremely different on the two routes....

I wouldn't say it's boring, but I'm not too fond of the ride for other reasons..... The one positive I will say about the route/ride is that it enters riverbank park... don't care for the terminal across the street/opposite side of the tracks from 3333 broadway (135th/broadway) though....

Also like any SE Queens route, there are a lot of elderly riders (Though not as much as the Q85)

The only thing I don't like about the M11 is the traffic by the tunnel..

Random Thought : I've been taking the Q3 quite a bit as of late, and none of the B/Os I've been getting, drag the route out. It is all quick lol. The only thing I hate is that Q3 either come a bit early, or SUPER late. But almost ALL the SE Queens routes are like that, unfortunately.

Random Thought : I've been taking the Q3 quite a bit as of late, and none of the B/Os I've been getting, drag the route out. It is all quick lol.

Quick? Must be talking about a different Q3; maybe the new haven one... lol....

Seriously though, not doubting you (no reason to), but I haven't been on one that [hasn't crawled / was quick] - and I'm talking in the course of a least of decade of ever riding that route... Back when the JFK routes used to end @ terminal 4, I would always ride the B15 for the Q3 b/c I didn't feel like walking that long block/stretch of area to get to the Q10 stop..... Anyway, more often than not, I'd ride the route (Q3) on weekends.... Like 95% of the time I fan the route, I ride the full NB route, or from JFK to the (F).... seldom ride JFK bound Q3's....

Then again, maybe things are different during the (weekday) rush hour periods.... the sense of urgency's increased to speed things up a little lot....

Quick? Must be talking about a different Q3; maybe the new haven one... lol....

Seriously though, not doubting you (no reason to), but I haven't been on one that [hasn't crawled / was quick] - and I'm talking in the course of a least of decade of ever riding that route... Back when the JFK routes used to end @ terminal 4, I would always ride the B15 for the Q3 b/c I didn't feel like walking that long block/stretch of area to get to the Q10 stop..... Anyway, more often than not, I'd ride the route (Q3) on weekends.... Like 95% of the time I fan the route, I ride the full NB route, or from JFK to the (F).... seldom ride JFK bound Q3's....

Then again, maybe things are different during the (weekday) rush hour periods.... the sense of urgency's increased to speed things up a little lot....

JFK bound Q3s are quicker than 165th bound ones in my experience. I have had fast experiences outside of rush hours as well as during rush hours, maybe I am lucky. I go most of the route. Between 165th/179th (home bound/away from home) and Brewer/Farmers.

JFK bound Q3s are quicker than 165th bound ones in my experience. I have had fast experiences outside of rush hours as well as during rush hours, maybe I am lucky. I go most of the route. Between 165th/179th (home bound/away from home) and Brewer/Farmers.

Howdy, neighbor! Anyway, regarding the Q3, the headways are sufficient for the route. There are the PM Rockaway Blvd school specials that helps out. I rarely see bus bunching on the Q3. I mostly use the Q3 to/from the Locust Manor station. Also, if not driving, Ill take it to JFK, and transfer to B15 to visit family in East New York. Most of my Q3 rides are short. If riding the subway, its quicker to take the Q111/113 to the (E) or (J).....

Few thoughts:

Q76 is too long and other hillside lines are too full for more people. If that so called crosstown was timed it will have 2 ridership bases few cross folk some former drivers sadly unlikely due to metrocard fare being too high. Then people too impatient to wait would rather transfer to other routes so potential is higher.

Q76 is too long and other hillside lines are too full for more people. If that so called crosstown was timed it will have 2 ridership bases few cross folk some former drivers sadly unlikely due to metrocard fare being too high. Then people too impatient to wait would rather transfer to other routes so potential is higher.

Either a screw is loose in my head, or I just aint gettin it. If people are impatient they may:

Curse out loud

Curse someone out

Break glass

Beat someone up

Walk

Q76 is too long and other hillside lines are too full for more people.

If that so called crosstown was timed it will have 2 ridership bases few cross folk

some former drivers sadly unlikely due to metrocard fare being too high.

Then people too impatient to wait would rather transfer to other routes so potential is higher.

Don't know what "crosstown" you're talking about & it being timed, but the Q76 being "too long" has nothing to do w/ the other hillside lines being full....

A francis lewis route isn't gonna take riders off riding along hillside.... Your combined route would make a lot more sense if there was a subway station at francis lewis.....

See, you are assuming the SE Queens folks will take the other "too full" hillside routes to francis lewis for your combined route.... The only current xferring along hillside due west is for the 43, due to the fact that goes on to serve sutphin & the LIRR sta.... If you take away the direct connection to the (F) &/or 165th bus terminal on the 77, you will only have more ppl. along francis lewis making their way to the east-west routes the 77 connects to, that serve jamaica, well before 77's would even reach hillside.....

You're really advocating a 2-fare zone for those folks & don't even realize it....

You may get folks seeking travel along francis lewis (North of hillside; the Q76 end) willing to take one of the hillside buses to xfer to your combined route... But I'm telling you now, it won't happen for folks seeking francis lewis (south of hillside; the Q77 end) - those folks have too many alternatives to get to/from Jamaica...

Don't know what "crosstown" you're talking about & it being timed, but the Q76 being "too long" has nothing to do w/ the other hillside lines being full....

A francis lewis route isn't gonna take riders off riding along hillside.... Your combined route would make a lot more sense if there was a subway station at francis lewis.....

See, you are assuming the SE Queens folks will take the other "too full" hillside routes to francis lewis for your combined route.... The only current xferring along hillside due west is for the 43, due to the fact that goes on to serve sutphin & the LIRR sta.... If you take away the direct connection to the (F) &/or 165th bus terminal on the 77, you will only have more ppl. along francis lewis making their way to the east-west routes the 77 connects to, that serve jamaica, well before 77's would even reach hillside.....

You're really advocating a 2-fare zone for those folks & don't even realize it....

You may get folks seeking travel along francis lewis (North of hillside; the Q76 end) willing to take one of the hillside buses to xfer to your combined route... But I'm telling you now, it won't happen for folks seeking francis lewis (south of hillside; the Q77 end) - those folks have too many alternatives to get to/from Jamaica...

Not really this line would have had a 3 legged transfer for subway users. This would push those to transfer to this line from other lines. However you have a point.

What's wrong with the current system?

see... this is what I was worried about w/this thread...

Lots of things. The General area I live in IMO is underserved, and so would many other people complain about in their area. I have a crappy feeling for the Q38. Every morning on 14 minute rush hour headways I'm happy the bus doesnt flag my bus stop. If the 38 ran on 7 minutes than it would be better. In September the 38 wasnt very packed, but now I fear of the bus flagging my stop with it's crappy headways. The QM15 needs Sunday Service and the QM24 can be upgraded to operate weekdays all day, as I know many people can benefit from that. I mean the current system is better than nothing, but seriously, there needs to be improvements in service.

Lots of things. I also have a crappy feeling for the Q38. Every morning on 14 minute rush hour headways I'm happy the bus doesnt flag my bus stop. If the 38 ran on 7 minutes than it would be better. In September the 38 wasnt very packed, but now I fear of the bus flagging my stop with it's crappy headways.

I'm talking about the Francis Lewis discussion.

In that case, Francis Lewis Riders north of Hillside should be happy to get saturday and get sunday service. I think it benefits the route. The 76 and 77 are good the way they are

Well the OP want's to combine the two routes.

If the (F) had a station at FL, I'd be more open to it, but cutting the service off from Jamaica is irrational.

Howdy, neighbor! Anyway, regarding the Q3, the headways are sufficient for the route. There are the PM Rockaway Blvd school specials that helps out. I rarely see bus bunching on the Q3. I mostly use the Q3 to/from the Locust Manor station. Also, if not driving, Ill take it to JFK, and transfer to B15 to visit family in East New York. Most of my Q3 rides are short. If riding the subway, its quicker to take the Q111/113 to the (E) or (J).....

I just saw this..

Hello ! lol. Yes I agree, headways are perfectly fine. I never really see bus bunching either, compared to the Q85 LOL.. I only use the Q3 from Guy R Brewer/Farmers to 165th or 179th, this is mostly on random days or sundays (since there is no Q77). I haven't taken the Q3 to the airport yet, the farthest south I've taken it is Farmers/Rockaway, coming off the Q6.. To the subway, my most normal way is actually Q85 LTD (school days) to the (E) .. I haven't bothered with the Q111/Q113 since July... Oh and Locust Manor is like a 25 min walk from my house, Laurelton is like a 7 min walk.

What's wrong with the current system?

see... this is what I was worried about w/this thread...

Look at B35's post then look at the Q76's schedule then Q77's schedule then observe the area. You will find something rather interesting then stand at frances lewis blvd at hillside observe ALL traffic. I do understand that an extension of the (F) would make this more feasible. Heck could create more possibilities too. You all present valid concerns however.

Archived