Which bus route do you hate the most?

alekr

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not really this line would have had a 3 legged transfer for subway users. This would push those to transfer to this line from other lines. However you have a point.

I know I have points (plural) as it pertains to this whole Francis Lewis discussion....

One of which prompted you to think of adding a 3-legged xfer for your combined route, in reply to my post....

The funny part is that you think that would make a francis lewis route any more plausible.

If the (F) had a station at FL, I'd be more open to it, but cutting the service off from Jamaica is irrational.

So it's not just me....

Look at B35's post then look at the Q76's schedule then Q77's schedule then observe the area. You will find something rather interesting then stand at frances lewis blvd at hillside observe ALL traffic. I do understand that an extension of the (F) would make this more feasible. Heck could create more possibilities too. You all present valid concerns however.

Yeah, off Hillside, traffic turns northward on Francis Lewis & traffic turns southward on Francis Lewis.... And?

You just reinforced all our points by bringing that up; that did not help your case at all....

It's the same pattern that the Q76 & the Q77 turning off hillside do....

Regardless of that, the logic & reasoning you're using to consider combining the two routes is foolish.... You don't screw up the riding habits of current bus riders like that to try to appease those that drive along Francis Lewis that don't turn on hillside into taking a bus route....

Man, I would have fun betting against you... You exemplify the type of person that would fall victim to a sucker bet every single time....

I know I have points (plural) as it pertains to this whole Francis Lewis discussion....

One of which prompted you to think of adding a 3-legged xfer for your combined route, in reply to my post....

The funny part is that you think that would make a francis lewis route any more plausible.

So it's not just me....

Yeah, off Hillside, traffic turns northward on Francis Lewis & traffic turns southward on Francis Lewis.... And?

You just reinforced all our points by bringing that up; that did not help your case at all....

It's the same pattern that the Q76 & the Q77 turning off hillside do....

Regardless of that, the logic & reasoning you're using to consider combining the two routes is foolish.... You don't screw up the riding habits of current bus riders like that to try to appease those that drive along Francis Lewis that don't turn on hillside into taking a bus route....

Man, I would have fun betting against you... You exemplify the type of person that would fall victim to a sucker bet every single time....

Not really just wanted to know your argument style that's all I really don't care to be honest I think (F) should be extended to Frances lewis ok thank you. I know it's not plausible without the (F) extension actually.

Not really just wanted to know your argument style that's all I really don't care to be honest I think (F) should be extended to Frances lewis ok thank you. I know it's not plausible without the (F) extension actually.

Right... You wanted to know my "argument style" (like I never directed a post at you before.... as if any of that even matters)... You claim to "really" not care all of a sudden...

Nice copout.

Q76 remains where it does & the Q77 remains where it does.... No silly combination of the two routes...

"ok, thank you"

You know combining the Q76 and 77 is about as absurd as adding a limited stop at Woodhaven and 101. Combining routes only works on a case by case basis.

yeah only one problem I never mentioned merging Q77 with Q76 that would make Q76 too long. So don't know where you got that. Q8 is too infrequent to get a limited stop on woodhaven not refuting this.

The S48.

Rude drivers

Infrequent service

Overcrowded buses

Small buses (nova mini version of M15 SBS)

The NSAA might just solve this problem.

Search the NSAA Final Report forum for more info.

where do I find this report? If X30 had full time service would S48's ridership drop?

yeah only one problem I never mentioned merging Q77 with Q76 that would make Q76 too long. So don't know where you got that. Q8 is too infrequent to get a limited stop on woodhaven not refuting this.

2 things

My post was not directed at you, so someone sounds guilty. Secondly, I was referring to the Q52/53 stopping at 101. Where did I say anything about the Q8 getting limited stop service?

where do I find this report? If X30 had full time service would S48's ridership drop?

It sounded like you wanted to merge them, but whatever.

In any case, here you go: http://www.mta.info/mta/planning/nsaa/

2 things

My post was not directed at you, so someone sounds guilty. Secondly, I was referring to the Q52/53 stopping at 101. Where did I say anything about the Q8 getting limited stop service?

I said ltd stop for connection to Q8 I agreed with you ? Who suggested merging Q77&76?

It sounded like you wanted to merge them, but whatever.

In any case, here you go: http://www.mta.info/mta/planning/nsaa/

thanks.

The Q85 is not too far from me, well its easier to walk to the Conduit/Springfield Blvds to catch it. One day Ill ride the route for the hell of it.....

Lol that is 2 stops after me Jamaica-bound.. The Q85 will be a good ride if you avoid it during school hours.

The S48.

Rude drivers

Infrequent service

Overcrowded buses

Small buses (nova mini version of M15 SBS)

The NSAA might just solve this problem.

Search the NSAA Final Report forum for more info.

Its a 40 foot bus, that's all they have on Staten Island

Don't think I ever did answer this question....

For me... it's a route that went from one of my favorites to fan, to a route I go out of my way to avoid.... and that's the cross bronx subway (you all know it as the Bx12)..... If you don't board @ any of its terminals, your chances of standing amongst a crushload is very high, even though it's an artic route; can't be bothered with that.... Plus, b/w southern blvd & manhattan itself, it's much too slow a crawl, and the traffic along fordham rd has gotten progressively worse too (which is something SBS can not remedy)....

Don't think I ever did answer this question....

For me... it's a route that went from one of my favorites to fan, to a route I go out of my way to avoid.... and that's the cross bronx subway (you all know it as the Bx12)..... If you don't board @ any of its terminals, your chances of standing amongst a crushload is very high, even though it's an artic route; can't be bothered with that.... Plus, b/w southern blvd & manhattan itself, it's much too slow a crawl, and the traffic along fordham rd has gotten progressively worse too (which is something SBS can not remedy)....

The only thing i'll say about this route is that there should be more frequent service either on the +SBS end (preferably being that it gets more ridership) or the local end. Although, if +SBS headways decrease (PM Rush is about 5 mins right now) the service coming into Co-op might be overkill.

Any bus with an M designation other than a crosstown haha 2 feet express wins every time. I like M11 though that and LES lines have exception.
Wut...

Lol...

dude's basically saying that walking is faster than taking manhattan's north-south routes.... which is pretty foolish to say....

(that's usually what others tend to say about taking manhattan's crosstowns)

Lol...

dude's basically saying that walking is faster than taking manhattan's north-south routes.... which is pretty foolish to say....

(that's usually what others tend to say about taking manhattan's crosstowns)

I am saying they are inferior to the subway in every way with some exceptions. Walking is faster than most crosstowns except if you need to cross central park that is.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived