Which bus route do you hate the most?

alekr

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heading to/from Co-op (non-fanning purposes, I mean), I take the 26.... but if I'm in the mood, sometimes I'll take the 30.... I simply won't put up w/ the 28/38.... Maybe it's the luck of the draw or w/e, but I tend to actually see more 38's out & about than 28's when I'm out in Co-op.... Before the 38's existence, 28's would arrive like wildfire......

You want shit try Q50 it runs like shit.

Service is getting better though..... Especially when compared to the old Qbx1.

Heading to/from Co-op (non-fanning purposes, I mean), I take the 26.... but if I'm in the mood, sometimes I'll take the 30.... I simply won't put up w/ the 28/38.... Maybe it's the luck of the draw or w/e, but I tend to actually see more 38's out & about than 28's when I'm out in Co-op.... Before the 38's existence, 28's would arrive like wildfire......

Service is getting better though..... Especially when compared to the old Qbx1.

I notice the Q50 quite often. Being that the Bx38 is essentially a short-turned Bx28 via Sec 1-4 I don't see where it makes much of a difference for folks unless they need Section 5 of Co-op. Combining the Bx38 and Bx28 it's still pretty frequent and for many folks along the Bx28/38 route the Bx30 can also serve as an option. That's the last route I would complain about unless I was in a huge rush and it was delayed a bit.

I notice the Q50 quite often. Being that the Bx38 is essentially a short-turned Bx28 via Sec 1-4 I don't see where it makes much of a difference for folks unless they need Section 5 of Co-op. Combining the Bx38 and Bx28 it's still pretty frequent and for many folks along the Bx28/38 route the Bx30 can also serve as an option. That's the last route I would complain about unless I was in a huge rush and it was delayed a bit.

Q50 is getting better nice that kills my other idea finally MTA listens. Another route I hate S53 you know you suck when it takes you the same amount of time to get to an area in SI from bay ridge as it takes X17 to reach SI mall from lower manhattan that is pathetic.

To get to grasmere from bay ridge took so long it was about the same amount of time for X17 from richmond ave to get to bowling green in manhattan that is just wrong!!!!!!!

You want shit try Q50 it runs like shit. Q43 if it is not rush hour it's UNBEARABLY SLOW!!!!!

These two I disagree with. Even with the schedule on the Q50, it runs on-time and runs quite fast. The Q43 during the rush is most definitely not slow, I got to Floral Park in just about 40-45 minutes on the LTD which is most definitely not too bad.

Honestly, I find it quite zippy at non-rush hours.

Agreed

HUH WTF it took a bloody hour to get to springfield blvd from jamacia!!!!!!!!

That's funny, it only takes me 20 minutes at most....and I use it often!

HUH WTF it took a bloody hour to get to springfield blvd from jamacia!!!!!!!!

That's about 2/3rds of the route....

While I will say it lags during off peak times (due to all the ppl. embarking on more of the intermediate stops along the way), Q43 still isn't that slow normally b/w Springfield blvd & Jamaica....

Another route I hate S53 you know you suck when it takes you the same amount of time to get to an area in SI from bay ridge as it takes X17 to reach SI mall from lower manhattan that is pathetic.

To get to grasmere from bay ridge took so long it was about the same amount of time for X17 from richmond ave to get to bowling green in manhattan that is just wrong!!!!!!!

This isn't even an exaggeration, it's a flat out lie.

You want shit try Q50 it runs like shit. BM5 it has been reduced so bad they should just finish it off already. Q43 if it is not rush hour it's UNBEARABLY SLOW!!!!!

Lol do you actually take the routes you talk about? I like the Q50, its a nice ride, but yeah headways aren't the best, but they are tolerable, at least for me.

The Q43 isn't slow, it just gets PACKED.

Lol do you actually take the routes you talk about? I like the Q50, its a nice ride, but yeah headways aren't the best, but they are tolerable, at least for me.

The Q43 isn't slow, it just gets PACKED.

err yes I took Q43 I guess I was unlucky. Q50's only claim to fame is that its fast and on-time.S53 I ain't lieing about S53 I guess I was unlucky. I don't lie about lines I take. S53 just is timed so poorly with (R) that even from where I am in brooklyn its easier to go to manhattan for X1,10& 17. Faster too.

err yes I took Q43 I guess I was unlucky. Q50's only claim to fame is that its fast and on-time.S53 I ain't lieing about S53 I guess I was unlucky. I don't lie about lines I take. S53 just is timed so poorly with (R) that even from where I am in brooklyn its easier to go to manhattan for X1,10& 17. Faster too.

Fast maybe, but on-time is laughable. But then again, maybe I also got unlucky...

I ain't lieing about S53 I guess I was unlucky. I don't lie about lines I take.

To sit up there & portray to people on here that the S53 between Grasmere & Bay Ridge takes about the same amt. of time it takes the x17 b/w SI mall & Bowling Green is complete & utter BS....

If you wanna say that the S53 itself is slow, then just say that, instead of making false comparisons.....

Fast maybe, but on-time is laughable.

But then again, maybe I also got unlucky...

Ohh, It's not just you... Although the route overall is improving, the Q50 is still a route I wouldn't exactly throw in the reliable category.....

To sit up there & portray to people on here that the S53 between Grasmere & Bay Ridge takes about the same amt. of time it takes the x17 b/w SI mall & Bowling Green is complete & utter BS....

If you wanna say that the S53 itself is slow, then just say that, instead of making false comparisons.....

Ohh, It's not just you... Although the route overall is improving, the Q50 is still a route I wouldn't exactly throw in the reliable category.....

OHH now I understand your argument. But I thought the Q50 was just infrequent it's every 30 mins that was the reason for it having long waits. I wasn't aware of it being unreliable it was reliable everytime I used it I guess I am lucky. X17 I only made that comparison cause there was this very fast driver and he was like a nascar driver.

Well, it all depends on the time of day, but it's not surprising that it's quicker to go through Manhattan. There are times when I knew I had missed the ferry, so I would take the (R)-S53-S62, and I would either end up on the same S62 I would've gotten if I had just waited for the next ferry (30 minutes later) or worse, the one behind it (45 minutes later, so I actually lost 15 additional minutes by trying that).

OHH now I understand your argument. But I thought the Q50 was just infrequent it's every 30 mins that was the reason for it having long waits. I wasn't aware of it being unreliable it was reliable everytime I used it I guess I am lucky. X17 I only made that comparison cause there was this very fast driver and he was like a nascar driver.

Yeah, when I read that, that was the first thing that popped into my mind. From my area (Richmond & SIE), it's about a 30 minute ride to get to Lower Manhattan, so to get to the SI Mall would be around 40-45 minutes. It actually is possible to get down to that area in around 25 minutes if you have a fast driver. My dad and brother recently had a time when it took a little over 20 minutes to get from Bowling Green down to around Richmond & the SIE.

You want shit try Q50 it runs like shit. BM5 it has been reduced so bad they should just finish it off already. Q43 if it is not rush hour it's UNBEARABLY SLOW!!!!!

I've taken the Q50 and got to Pelham Bay Park in about half an hour...

I've taken the Q50 and got to Pelham Bay Park in about half an hour...

Read I never said Q50 was slow I said it was stupidly infrequent.

Well, it all depends on the time of day, but it's not surprising that it's quicker to go through Manhattan. There are times when I knew I had missed the ferry, so I would take the (R)-S53-S62, and I would either end up on the same S62 I would've gotten if I had just waited for the next ferry (30 minutes later) or worse, the one behind it (45 minutes later, so I actually lost 15 additional minutes by trying that).

Yeah, when I read that, that was the first thing that popped into my mind. From my area (Richmond & SIE), it's about a 30 minute ride to get to Lower Manhattan, so to get to the SI Mall would be around 40-45 minutes. It actually is possible to get down to that area in around 25 minutes if you have a fast driver. My dad and brother recently had a time when it took a little over 20 minutes to get from Bowling Green down to around Richmond & the SIE.

I guess I had a fast driver cause the x17 I was on did get there ftom bowling green in a little over 20 mins. While If I took S53 I would be barely at victory at that time.

• 9 months later...

In Brooklyn, out of all the bus routes I've rode, the worst service will be probably the B70. It's a long wait for it, including weekdays. The buses that run on a Sunday schedule run every 30 minutes, and I bet that's including PM rush. 

Sometimes bus operators drive slow because their bus is early. All buses are expected to arrive at stops on time. 

If there is a heavy traffic, and/or a detour, then yeah B/Os will have to drive faster after passing through.

What is the worst (MTA) bus in new York city? The bus with the worst service, bus drivers who drive slow. The busses that are always late.

You have to take into consideration that it's not always the B/O's (Bus operator's) fault that buses are late. Many routes are very demanding, get caught in traffic, and run on very busy streets which cause them to run late especially in Manhattan and Brooklyn.

Queens: Q65: You never know when its gonna show up....

Manhattan: M14D: Slow as hell, a million times more crowded than the M14A and once you turn onto Avenue C and Avenue D, its you with a bunch of looney goons from the projects

Bronx: Bx10 during school hours... the crowding is insane. They need some XD60s/D60HFs on that route to go from Norwood 205 and short turn at Riverdale/231 to handle school crowds

Brooklyn/Staten Island: N/A... I don't usually ride buses in these boroughs

• 2 weeks later...

The S46 is one of those poor routes that connects to two poor zones and a shopping center. (Tompkinsville, port, WSP)

The only other one that comes to mind is the S74 (stapleton, park hill, BTMall and i guess the S76 (hylan plz))

The most annoying route is the S48. The only time it can actually come early, it waits for time to cacth up. 

The S46 mostly suffers baldy only on weekdays and suffers heavy studn't ridership. Between 2:00-4:00, there is extremely frequent service on the castleton corridor mostly student specials and still cannot fufill its needs. I think it needs one of those fake BRT like the S79 but withot the weekend service. 

LTD stop only at: S96 stops, Port HS, Innis-Morningstar, Maple PKWY, Forest Av, Teleport Dr, (S46 will always stop there from 7-7. )

Frequency: 8 9 7 12 -

-30 30--

Archived