Subway Stations with bathrooms

lilbluefoxie

Which Subway stations have bathrooms within fare control that are open and working? I know Court St (R) station has them, only the Ladies' room was open, the Men's room was locked and had a sign that said "OUT OF SERVICE" I think a list like this would be very handy for people railfanning the Subway, so we know where the bathroom stops are and we don't have to waste $2.25 exiting the subway, finding a bathroom, then coming back in.

Which Subway stations have bathrooms within fare control that are open and working? I know Court St (R) station has them, only the Ladies' room was open, the Men's room was locked and had a sign that said "OUT OF SERVICE" I think a list like this would be very handy for people railfanning the Subway, so we know where the bathroom stops are and we don't have to waste $2.25 exiting the subway, finding a bathroom, then coming back in.

I heavily advise exiting the subway and using a Starbucks, Barnes & Nobles, or any other store for bathroom facilities. Saving $2.25 isn't worth the sanitary danger.

I don't see how a bathroom at a store can be any cleaner than a subway bathroom.. all public restrooms are just as filthy and disgusting to me..

As far as I know there are public bathrooms located in 42nd Times Square, Delancey-Essex St, Stillwell Ave, Atlantic-Pacific, Roosevelt Ave, Jamaica Center, and Columbus Circle. Yes they are filthy and disgusting but when you gotta go you gotta go (I'm sure you don't want to end up like that lovely lady on the (2) train...)

That I know of...

Brooklyn

Broadway Junction

Coney Island

Bay Ridge-95 St

36 St

Atlantic Av-Pacific St

DeKalb Av (B)(Q)(R)

Lorimer St-Metropolitan Av

Church Av (B)(Q)

Euclid Av

Myrtle-Wyckoff

Queens

Rockaway Park

Jamaica Center

179 St

Roosevelt Av/74 St-Broadway

Queens Plaza

21 St-Queensbridge

Sutphin Blvd-Archer Av (can't remember if it's actually downstairs but there's definitely one up at the LIRR waiting room)

Manhattan

Chambers St (1)(2)(3)

Brooklyn Bridge/Chambers St (J)(Z)(4)(5)(6)

Union Square

34 St-Herald Square

23 St (6)

Times Sq complex

42 St-PABT

Columbus Circle

125 St (A)(C)(B)(D)

207 St A)

175 St

125 St (4)(5)(6)

Not sure about the Bronx since im up there very often.

I heavily advise exiting the subway and using a Starbucks, Barnes & Nobles, or any other store for bathroom facilities. Saving $2.25 isn't worth the sanitary danger.

I carry hand sanitizer with me while im railfanning, so im not too worried. I've been in plenty of dirty bathrooms in various fast food places in the city, I cant imagine the Subway could be any worse than some of those. Obviously if theres some strange hobo living in there im not gunna go in, then ill exit, find a fast food place nearby and go there.

I carry hand sanitizer with me while im railfanning, so im not too worried. I've been in plenty of dirty bathrooms in various fast food places in the city, I cant imagine the Subway could be any worse than some of those. Obviously if theres some strange hobo living in there im not gunna go in, then ill exit, find a fast food place nearby and go there.

Well I must not be a hardcore enough railfan then, I would prefer to use a Starbucks bathroom than a subway bathroom. That is just a no-no for me.

Well I must not be a hardcore enough railfan then, I would prefer to use a Starbucks bathroom than a subway bathroom. That is just a no-no for me.

I would rather save $2.25 and 10-20 minutes of time getting out in an unfamiliar area and trying to find a local food place or something with a bathroom.

Solution: pee before you leave your damn house!

I don't specifically railfan take pictures of trains, so I guess I don't really know what I'm talking about, though. Maybe foam functions as a diuretic. :lol:

When you gotta go you gotta go lol, dun matter what time it is.

Well I dont live in NYC so when im down in the Subway im photographing.

Solution: pee before you leave your damn house!

I don't specifically railfan take pictures of trains, so I guess I don't really know what I'm talking about, though. Maybe foam functions as a diuretic. :lol:

SS, not all of us live in the 5 boros. You want me to go home 50-plus miles in Duthchess County to piee lol? :ph34r: Seriously i find (at least using the Stillwell/Coney Island bathroom)couple of bathrooms at subway stations to be cleaner than Metro North or LIRR which both have toilets aboard the train. Not making the subway bathrooms to be spotless either. :D Still Starbucks of all the public restrooms mainly in Manhattan, if i want to take a "dump" lol is usually among the cleanest that i go to without having to buy something. I agree with Foxie to always bring a hand sanitizer with you.

Off topic but related. IMO as i stated before couple of years ago, coming home from Manhattan riding the Vomit express as another poster refers to the late night MNRR trains from GCT, a young male/female couple both drunk sneaked into the train bathroom and never came out for 20 minutes. Several riders went to get the conductor and when he tried to open the bathroom the couple were only in their underwear and t-shirts. Talk about a place i assume to get laid lol. :o

All that being said I would say that absolutely these bathrooms in the system is deplorable. Personally I would rather waste $2.25 if I could help it to find a public restroom in a mall, a restaurant or something. I'm very wary of the sanitary conditions where we have to share facilities with those for whatever reason or circumstances cannot keep up good hygiene. You may not as likely have to deal with literally crap smeared on the walls in a restaurant bathroom.

SS, not all of us live in the 5 boros. You want me to go home 50-plus miles in Duthchess County to piee lol? :ph34r: Seriously i find (at least using the Stillwell/Coney Island bathroom)couple of bathrooms at subway stations to be cleaner than Metro North or LIRR which both have toilets aboard the train. Not making the subway bathrooms to be spotless either. :D Still Starbucks of all the public restrooms mainly in Manhattan, if i want to take a "dump" lol is usually among the cleanest that i go to without having to buy something. I agree with Foxie to always bring a hand sanitizer with you.

Off topic but related. IMO as i stated before couple of years ago, coming home from Manhattan riding the Vomit express as another poster refers to the late night MNRR trains from GCT, a young male/female couple both drunk sneaked into the train bathroom and never came out for 20 minutes. Several riders went to get the conductor and when he tried to open the bathroom the couple were only in their underwear and t-shirts. Talk about a place i assume to get laid lol. :o

No reactions to the drunk couple who had had some form of sex in that MNRR story lol?

That's a good point. I was sort of joking...In any case, I just rarely find myself in need of a public bathroom, so I guess I don't see things from the perspective of people who use them often.

There one option to do to avoid bathroom. dont eat or drink for two hours before you leave the house. you are not gonna die. That how you ca avoid going to bathroom on the subway.

there was one time i was waiting for my friend at 36 street brooklyn, i have to pee but it wasnt much urges it out, but i can smell the bathroom from fare control box to the bathroom by the stairs. yucky for me. if i had the urges i would walk fast as possible to get it done.

Archived