Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
The Real

4709? Lucy, You got some 'splaning to do!

Taken by TTMG Member, Ozzy Zamora...Was a quick grab shot, sorry for the quality.

NYCB_NFI_4709.jpg

(The bus is numbered 4709 all the way around, this is NOT a Photoshop...we're still trying to figure out what this bus' original number is.)

• Upvote 18

Hmmm...

Why was it renumbered in the first place? I feel this related to the LFSA numbering...

Hmmm...

Why was it renumbered in the first place? I feel this related to the LFSA numbering...

So does this mean the o5 renumbering is off the table? This is very strange indeed.

So does this mean the o5 renumbering is off the table? This is very strange indeed.

The Orion V renumbering has BEEN off the table, the LFSA order is going 5999 to 1290

• Upvote 1

Well that's out of left field. I guess that story about some of the LFSAs going into the 52/5300s might not be that nuts after all.

Well that's out of left field. I guess that story about some of the LFSAs going into the 52/5300s might not be that nuts after all.

This must be for the NEXT batch of artics, but lets think guys, there is only 7 numbers available in the 4700 Series and that is 4703-4709. 4700-4702 is occupied by Orion 7s and 4710-4799 will be occupied by XD60s. So there must be something special about a couple of these artics to put them into a number series with only 7 numbers avail.

This must be for the NEXT batch of artics, but lets think guys, there is only 7 numbers available in the 4700 Series and that is 4703-4709. 4700-4702 is occupied by Orion 7s and 4710-4799 will be occupied by XD60s. So there must be something special about a couple of these artics to put them into a number series with only 7 numbers avail.

Any chance that 4710-4799 aren't gonna be the the final numbers? They already changed it once from 1000, that order is delayed and all...knowing the MTA, I gotta wonder if the 4700s will be renumbered 1999-2000 D60s and the XD60s will get some other series. Tricky figuring this out though, prolly only the plates that could tell you what this bus started as.

I think they might be retiring batch of D60s...

Edited by mtattrain

I just find this interesting. It's only a little mistake that the (MTA) made.

Two buses aren't a mistake...

• Upvote 8

Look on the liscence plate... the Original # should be printed into the plate (Ive seen it before). Thats unless they put another liscence plate on there and re-did it...

Seeing a D60 in the 4700 series is just weird...

• Upvote 2

Look on the liscence plate... the Original # should be printed into the plate (Ive seen it before). Thats unless they put another liscence plate on there and re-did it...

Seeing a D60 in the 4700 series is just weird...

What do you mean? I've never seen a license plate that's the same as (or contains) the bus number, nor have I seen the bus number printed on the plate.

Also if they put new plates on it would be the new orange-blue plates, this still has "old" plates.

I'm pretty sure the bus numbers are written on the EZPass, which is a black or yellow box screwed onto the front of the bus (inside) near the windshield, usually around the farebox or run box. Though some buses have it mounted on the roof.

Edited by Orion VII 4 Life

What do you mean? I've never seen a license plate that's the same as (or contains) the bus number, nor have I seen the bus number printed on the plate.

Also if they put new plates on it would be the new orange-blue plates, this still has "old" plates.

I'm pretty sure the bus numbers are written on the EZPass, which is a black or yellow box screwed onto the front of the bus (inside) near the windshield, usually around the farebox or run box. Though some buses have it mounted on the roof.

the license plate always has the bus ## stamped on it

I just find this interesting. It's only a little mistake that the (MTA) made.

MTA doesn't make mistakes on fleet numbers.

the license plate always has the bus ## stamped on it

Each and every last one of them!

4708 is former bus 5295; incidentally, I have shot that bus under both numbers. 4709 would be the next active bus in the series, and 5291 will become 4707 any day now.

• Upvote 4