Are There Any Hidden Subway Passages In The Subway System?

Kendell

I would like to know about the hidden subway stations. As Far As I know Theres (6) City-Hall (Can Any Tell me where the entrance used to be?) (6) 18 St (I have no idea why they closed it) (1) Cortland St (9/11) And 42 St Port Authority Bus Terminal (A)(C)(E) Southbound Lower Platform (Also Dont Know). Are there any Other Hidden Subway Stations? And Can you also Help me about my Questions About the subays I listed above? Thank you.

Rockandroller Subway Rider Kendell....BEWARE!

I would like to know about the hidden subway stations. As Far As I know Theres (6) City-Hall (Can Any Tell me where the entrance used to be?) (6) 18 St (I have no idea why they closed it) (1) Cortland St (9/11) And 42 St Port Authority Bus Terminal (A) © (E) Southbound Lower Platform (Also Dont Know). Are there any Other Hidden Subway Stations? And Can you also Help me about my Questions About the subays I listed above? Thank you.
It has been awhile since I actually seen a good question posted on here. Unfortunately, all of your questions have been answered in detailed elsewhere. Below I posted a link that would take you directly to the page that you are interested in.http://www.nycsubway...isused_Stations

Wait I have a Question How come the 6 Local Train Uses City Hall But the Express <6> Dosent? I just got on an express <6> 20 min ago but it didnt go and use city hall.I saw the Local 6 do it but not express is it because <6> Uses a differnt track the (4) And (1) Or?

Wait I have a Question How come the 6 Local Train Uses City Hall But the Express <6> Dosent? I just got on an express <6> 20 min ago but it didnt go and use city hall.I saw the Local 6 do it but not express is it because <6> Uses a differnt track the (4) And (1) Or?

They both use the same track (City hall loop) . THe (6) enter Brooklyn Bridge and goes into the loop after the station. If it's designated to go express in the bronx it comes out of the loop as a <6> and if its designated to go local in the bronx the conductor signs it up as a (6).

These sites should help:

http://en.wikipedia....Subway_stations

http://www.travelett...subway-station/

forgotten-ny used to have a site dedicated to hidden passageways, but they redid their site and I can't find it anymore

On a sidenote, I would pay just about anything to be able to view all of this in person!

http://www.nytimes.c...moc.semityn.www

Well this <6> Just Went the other way it didnt go into city hall. First the train stoped then it switches the direction. Why is there service change?

There's no way that could happen. There aren't any switches north or south of Brooklyn Bridge that could send a downtown 6 back towards Pelham. It has to use the loop no matter what. The six that you saw changed signs not directions.

There's no way that could happen. There aren't any switches north or south of Brooklyn Bridge that could send a downtown 6 back towards Pelham. It has to use the loop no matter what. The six that you saw changed signs not directions.

Unless there is a problem along the City Hall loop tracks, then it could end up being rerouted to use Bowling Green loop.

Or on an odd rare occasion, (depending on the dispatcher), if a problem occurs on the loop, then they could use the Downtown EXP tracks and switch up and head north via the Express. But that I've never seen. Chambers Street on the (1)(2)(3) yes.

But for sign changes, yes it will change to ether a (6) or <6> when ever scheduled.

Unless there is a problem along the City Hall loop tracks, then it could end up being rerouted to use Bowling Green loop.

Or on an odd rare occasion, (depending on the dispatcher), if a problem occurs on the loop, then they could use the Downtown EXP tracks and switch up and head north via the Express. But that I've never seen. Chambers Street on the (1)(2)(3) yes.

But for sign changes, yes it will change to ether a (6) or <6> when ever scheduled.

Except the first scenario have to do with the situation he presented. He said the train stopped, I'm assuming at the station, and "switched directions." And if the train was to be to be turned around it would have to make two crossovers, both of witch will cause delays. I would be really a bad call on the T/A's part to do this for one train.

Except the first scenario have to do with the situation he presented. He said the train stopped, I'm assuming at the station, and "switched directions." And if the train was to be to be turned around it would have to make two crossovers, both of witch will cause delays. I would be really a bad call on the T/A's part to do this for one train.

Of course, I would not have a double crossover if this situation was during the rush hour or any other time thats busy, other than late nights. Unless its an emergency whereby the City Hall loop and and below Brooklyn Bridge Station there is a problem, than the best to do is a crossover.

As per his question, he should of been clear a bit more. Your part answers one and mind answers a second.

Back to the stations, one could view the websites posted, offhand, Worth St is also viewable (best seen going downtown from Canal to BB, if you're lucky it will actually stop at the station and you can peer inside). 91st on the IRT 7Av is also viewable from both sides of the (1) , the uptown side platform is lit still, look closely as it goes by quickly. As far as where the entrances were, I have no idea.

I just found this link a few minutes ago while looking through Second Avenue Sagas about the abandoned 76th Staton on the IND line. This site will show you the locations of abandoned stations on the MTA subway map with some brief info about them. Might be something that you want to look at (although the links that were posted already provide much more information).

http://project.wnyc.org/news-maps/lost-subways/

It also shows unbuilt lines too.

Guest MTA Bus

The thing about the (6) is that they change signs when they go through the loop. For example, a (6) will enter Brooklyn Bridge on the downtown platform. After everybody gets off, it continues to the loop. During the loop turn around, they change the sign to a (6) to Pelham Bay Park. So, to answer your question, all (6) trains, both local and express, use the loop, they just change signs when they turn around.

Back to the stations, one could view the websites posted, offhand, Worth St is also viewable (best seen going downtown from Canal to BB, if you're lucky it will actually stop at the station and you can peer inside). 91st on the IRT 7Av is also viewable from both sides of the (1) , the uptown side platform is lit still, look closely as it goes by quickly. As far as where the entrances were, I have no idea.

And not only that, we also know exactly what 91st looks like in the 21st century:

http://the-tech.mit....es/91/91.c.html

http://www.nycsubway.org/wiki/Station:_91st_Street_(IRT_West_Side_Line)

Archived