Now that Orion is out of the picture

Turbo19

Following the incoming order of 3G's, NICE will still have some buses eligible for replacement, and some that will soon reach retiring age. Which manufacturer/model would be best suited or preferred for the needs of the passengers and staff at NICE, for the next order?

New Flyer, most likely.

Get some DH artics on the N22L...

Likely, but I don't think they'll spring for artics.

Like I've said before, I'm expecting the next order to be a "cheap o" one from *gulp* NABI or even *shriek* Gillig. They're serious about money over there...

If it is of any condolence, New Flyer has been bidding low recently. We in Cali (RTA) recieved the lowest bid from them, but Gillig knocked off a few thousand making them more comptitive.

Likely, but I don't think they'll spring for artics.

If it is of any condolence, New Flyer has been bidding low recently. We in Cali (RTA) recieved the lowest bid from them, but Gillig knocked off a few thousand making them more comptitive.

New Flyer actually makes quality buses... I mean cheap as in quality and price

New Flyer actually makes quality buses... I mean cheap as in quality and price

Exactly why I'm suprised they lowered the cost of their buses.

Expect to see Gilligs in Nassau again then lol

They seem to always bid the lowest on contracts.

Lol

gilliglfadnice.png

Man, at least go for the BRT. LMFAO! :lol: Anyway, nice detail, especially the fuel tanks.

Funny,Bee Line, and NJT are pretty happy with their NABI's, performance wise, it seem to be this forum that dislikes NABI for some reason. Further, NICE should see about piggybacking the DART order, those are good looking buses.

I don't have problems with The Gillig CNG. All other Gilligs and and NABI's I have a problem with.

Funny,Bee Line, and NJT are pretty happy with their NABI's, performance wise, it seem to be this forum that dislikes NABI for some reason. Further, NICE should see about piggybacking the DART order, those are good looking buses.

So true some have a very good sound when they speed wheeeeee!!!! Go bus go faster faster!!! Well I was on a NABI in MD I will admit NJT and beeline have the newer better NABIs that are not as crappy as say the old ones in MD.

We have the older 2003-04 NABI 40LFWs up here in Boston, and those buses are definitely a cut or two below the D40LFs and AN440LFs. They don't really ride any better (and possibly a bit worse) than our 1994-95 RTS fleet, and they're almost never put on longer-distance or express routes. As for Gilligs, forget it. A number of the local shuttle services around here use Gilligs and El Dorado EZ-Riders, and I have to say that the EZ-Riders are adorable but not really built for heavy-duty use, and the Gilligs don't even have the adorable factor going for them.

Archived