Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Harry

The cars of the Branford Electric Railway

Me and Zach headed to East Haven, Connecticut today to operate a rapid transit car at the Branford Electric Railway. Operating a transit car was more fun than I thought it would be and I had a blast. We operated the Interborough Rapid Transit Low-V 5466 car. I will be back soon.

Also, SubwayGuy, Matted and Adam were there also to operate and it was cool meeting and hanging out with them today.

If anyone wants to operate legally, do it there. It's only $40. If you don't have $40 then get a job.

Hehe, the real 1689.

Great photos Harry!

I still haven't been up there for a visit and I say I will sometimes and I always get caught up with something else. UGH! Next year, hopefully......

Gotta' tell ya, Operating a Lo-V was HOT! Awesome Meeting SubwayGuy, Matted, and ReAquianting with Adam again! Handful of my shots:

DSCN1971.jpg

DSCN1974.jpg

DSCN1978.jpg

DSCN1982.jpg

DSCN1987.jpg

DSCN1994.jpg

DSCN1996-1.jpg

DSCN2000-1.jpg

DSCN2002.jpg

DSCN2006.jpg

DSCN2005.jpg

DSCN2012.jpg

DSCN2021.jpg

DSCN2023.jpg

Zachary

Gotta' tell ya, Operating a Lo-V was HOT! Awesome Meeting SubwayGuy, Matted, and ReAquianting with Adam again! Handful of my shots:

Zachary

Oh aren't ya'll special because ya'll got to operate trains!!!! Woop tee freakin doo!!! Thats why I don't like ya'll anymore!!! :P Great shots too! But I still don't like ya'll!!!

Oh aren't ya'll special because ya'll got to operate trains!!!! Woop tee freakin doo!!! Thats why I don't like ya'll anymore!!! :P Great shots too! But I still don't like ya'll!!!

Jealous! :)

Do I hear a Little Chris Farley In there from Saturday Night Live as Matt Foley? The Motivational Speaker! lol

Jealous! :)

Oh Yeah!!!:cool:

Do I hear a Little Chris Farley In there from Saturday Night Live as Matt Foley? The Motivational Speaker! lol

Oh Yeah!!!:cool:

LOL... I didn't think anyone would catch that!!:D

LOL... I didn't think anyone would catch that!!:D

Dude, He IS / WAS my favorite actor. I miss him... But yeah, we got to operate. B);)

Well wish I knew you guys were gonna be there! I live just in the next town over....:D Nice pics none the less!

I didn't think of that. If I would, we would have definitely asked you to join us. We are going again to operate in a couple of months so we'll meet up then.

Most excellent photographs. I visited the museum three years ago and it was a great place to go to. Were most of the cars unavailable to operate?

Most excellent photographs. I visited the museum three years ago and it was a great place to go to. Were most of the cars unavailable to operate?

A couple were out of service due to motor problems. :mad: The R9 or R-17 would have been awesome to operate. Hopefully next time they'll be ready to run.

Hey guys great shots! The R9 and R17 maybe running by the next RT day in August, the museum is just waiting for parts from the (MTA) (yea the museum is connected like that). I think that day was one of the better ones I have had there too. I dont know if you guys got to see every thing but all the barns there are stuffed to capacity with trolleys and other equipment. They even have an old IRT refuse car and MOW equipment too. Now if only the parts would show up so we could operate the R17.