Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
aemoreira81

NYCT 5295/4708 (same bus, renumbered)

What was this (shot on August 10)

5295.jpg

is now this

4708.jpg

What this means, however, is that some other lower 5200s have to have been retired since, if this bus is now the 6th oldest artic remaining. I would also presume that 4709 is either ex-5296 or 5300.

• Upvote 2

Sigh.......... MTA and all these bus number changes... This is why I dont keep track of bus numbers, I just keep track by range that I KNOW OF.... I wish it were more easier to just group it all in one by type (example 5000s D60, 6000s RTS, etc... but so many buses out there, not possible maybe..)..

BTW nice shots!

• Upvote 1

To Be Honest, I have a gut feeling these will wind up at MTA bus Mainly BP, i did hear they were gonna get artics back between this year and next year, so don't be shocked if you do see these out at MTAB plus these are the oldest artics so, you know the (MTA), they always dump the older buses to (MTA) bus

Actually the remaining 52xx's are a whole lot better than the rest of the D60's with the exception of 5253 oh and 5296 solely because there is a delay from when one pushes on the brake pedal.

Very good catch, I still can't figure this one out though.

oh and 5296 solely because there is a delay from when one pushes on the brake pedal.

Seems like a teensy little issue! Lol!

Very good catch, I still can't figure this one out though.

Seems like a teensy little issue! Lol!

LMAO! That and the fact that the brake dust fumes are quite potent on it as well even with the retarder engaged in the "normal" position.

Wait how do you know that 5295 is actually 4708?

I had to actually look at the stripe area, and the license plate confirmed it. Every MTA bus license plate is supposed to be stamped with the vehicle number; personally, I think that the MTA should be shifted to having its license plates be MTA and the bus number.

Edited by aemoreira81