Extend the Q7 in brooklyn

darrianQ60

Hey an idea? I think the mta should extend the Q7 in brooklyn to new lots subway station to have access to the 3 train and transfer to the B6 bus. That way some people from Western Queens can have access to other places like flatlands, midwood, and king plaza. The Q7 can run down rockaway blvd blvd/pitkin ave then turn down clevend st and terminate at ashfords st. Then when going back to queens, the Q7 can travel up ashford and turn on pitkin ave and run down pitkin to 84 st to sutter ave and continue regular route. This will help elimante endless turns when going back to queens from Brooklyn. What you guys think?

No......................................

First of all, USE GRAMMAR IN YOUR POSTS! THIS IS A DISCUSSION FORUM.

Second of all, the reason the Q7 doesn't go there already is because there is no demand for a connection between ENY and Queens at the moment....

:LOCK:

sorry about the grammer. I think it would be a good idea people from east new york can get to midwood without having to take the A train to jay st and transfer to the B41 when u could just take the Q7 to the B6. I understand what you mean when you say theres no demand for connection between east new york and queens but i think it would be a good idea

Second of all, the reason the Q7 doesn't go there already is because there is no demand for a connection between ENY and Queens at the moment....

Don't be too quick to lock, as I want to see other peoples opinions. Anyways I wouldn't extend the Q7 on its western end. Just saying.

No need to bash him, it was just a suggestion.

I actually think that this should be at least studied, because of a new housing tract that has been built on Flatlands Avenue between Elton Street and Atkins Avenue that currently does not have transit service, and because it would straighten out the Q7 in East New York, running it only on Pitkin Avenue as the east-west street. I would run it to Gateway Mall via New Lots (3) via this routing: Westbound via Pitkin Avenue, left at Fountain Avenue, right at Dumont Avenue, slight left onto New Lots Avenue, left on to Ashford Street, left on Cozine Avenue, right on Elton Street, left on Vandalia Avenue, right on Fountain Avenue, right on Seaview Avenue, to the B13/B83/Q8 stop. Northboud: via Erskine Street, left on Vandalia Avenue, right on Elton Street, left on Cozine Avenue, right on Ashford Street, right on New Lots Avenue, slight right on Dumont Avenue, left on Logan Street, right on Pitkin Avenue, past Drew Street and regular.

The Q8 would use Euclid Avenue southbound between Pitkin Avenue and Wortman Avenue before shifting to Fountain Avenue and northbound, it (and the B13, removing it from Crescent south of Pitkin to directly serve the Euclid Avenue subway station northbound) would use Euclid Avenue from Wortman Avenue to Sutter and then Doscher Street from Sutter to Pitkin.

Operationally, interlining with the Q8 would be restored.

No need to bash him, it was just a suggestion.

Well said. I agree with Threxx the poster needed to do a much better in writing/typing his thread statement. Still it could been more worded better. For now this is actually a valid idea since before on this boards (not recent)there been suggestions to extend the Q7 to either Broadway Junction or Gateway(share terminal with the Q8).

Well said. I agree with Threxx the poster needed to do a much better in writing/typing his thread statement. Still it could been more worded better. For now this is actually a valid idea since before on this boards (not recent)there been suggestions to extend the Q7 to either Broadway Junction or Gateway(share terminal with the Q8).

Wasn't there a suggestion to send it to the Post Office as well? I think there was suggestion to send the Q112 to Broadway Junction as well. It offsets the loss of the B12 in a way

Wasn't there a suggestion to send it to the Post Office as well? I think there was suggestion to send the Q112 to Broadway Junction as well. It offsets the loss of the B12 in a way

- No need to send the Q112 all the way to Broadway Junction. For right now, I don't think it doesn't really warrant the service.

- As for the Q7, I would like to see some sort of extension in Brooklyn. Whether it's to Gateway, New Lots (3), or the junction. They are actually building in East New York, and more transportation options are needed for the area. The B15 doesn't really cut it, plus with the lost of the B12 at city line/ Grant/Sheridan Ave (A) sta., at the least rush hours should warrant service to city line Grant/Sheridan.. <--- That's for another post, and the B14 traveling down sutter, there needs to be another bus in the area. B20 is a hot mess of it's own.

I actually think the Q7 should be cut back (retaining current headways) & the B14 (with increased headways) extended both to Rockaway blvd (A).....

B14 IMO is underserved & really has no business going to the postal facility w/ the B13 picking up the vast majority of those riders (since it eliminates that walk to get to Euclid (A) from along sutter)... I say it'd be more of a benefit for the route overall to link it to Woodhaven blvd than to have it end at the postal facility... I've always felt that way about the 14 (even when it used to end on drew/linden)

As far as the OP's idea, I don't have a problem w/ linking city line to the (3) - I just don't think the Q7 should take on that task.....

I actually think that this should be at least studied, because of a new housing tract that has been built on Flatlands Avenue between Elton Street and Atkins Avenue that currently does not have transit service, and because it would straighten out the Q7 in East New York, running it only on Pitkin Avenue as the east-west street.

Yeah, but if you extend the Q7 down to that part of spring creek, the route overall would be more winding than it is now....

There wouldn't be much of a point in actually going through studying such an extension w/ this new ENY - Spring Creek route upcoming (whatever the exact routing of it will entail).....

Don't know why I didn't see this post earlier....

In any event, if you mean the Brooklyn postal facility, I don't remember that one.... The ideas I've seen regarding the Q7 are:

extension to b'way junction, extension to woodhull, diversion to rochdale, extension to JFK postal fac., extension to JFK terminal 4, extension to rosedale, and the infamous extension to green acres......

Q112 to b'way junction is another one of those commonly stated ideas; ranks right up there w/ the Q7 to green acres.....

Well my opinion is that some of these MTA Bus routes really need to either be eliminated or reconstructed. The Q7 to Broadway Junction won't work because its basically following the A and C trains. The Q7 to the B6 could work but would people want transfer to that bus. Now the Q7 to Spring Creek Mall I disagree the people can just transfer to the Q8. Have the Q7 go down there and you just defeat the purpose of the Q8 down there and will kill the Q8 ridership.I believe that's the reason the Q8 got extended because it had more ridership and people from there wanted to go to the Mall. Extending the Q112 is not possible. The Q112 can't go anywhere because of the A train.

Well my opinion is that some of these MTA Bus routes really need to either be eliminated or reconstructed. The Q7 to Broadway Junction won't work because its basically following the A and C trains. The Q7 to the B6 could work but would people want transfer to that bus. Now the Q7 to Spring Creek Mall I disagree the people can just transfer to the Q8. Have the Q7 go down there and you just defeat the purpose of the Q8 down there and will kill the Q8 ridership.I believe that's the reason the Q8 got extended because it had more ridership and people from there wanted to go to the Mall. Extending the Q112 is not possible. The Q112 can't go anywhere because of the A train.

AlsI there is no direct access from the near to far side of the intersection of Liberty Ave and Woodhaven Blvd. Anyways that intersection is a mess. Making more vehicular traffic go there would make matters worse.

AlsI there is no direct access from the near to far side of the intersection of Liberty Ave and Woodhaven Blvd. Anyways that intersection is a mess. Making more vehicular traffic go there would make matters worse.

Q112 via Q7 routing and then euclid to pitkin for fountain to the (3) can work. What was wrong with giving the entire rockaway blvd corridor bus service? via rerouting to stay on it to crescent street (J) then replace former B18 up to ridgewood on select trips or just that.

B35's B14 idea however I like it in a sense as the postal facility is DEAD!!!!!!!! Just look at the B15 if you want to see how dead it is.

- No need to send the Q112 all the way to Broadway Junction. For right now, I don't think it doesn't really warrant the service.

- As for the Q7, I would like to see some sort of extension in Brooklyn. Whether it's to Gateway, New Lots (3), or the junction. They are actually building in East New York, and more transportation options are needed for the area.

I'm not against better connections to City Line/Queens, but the Q7 to the Junction is pretty out there isn't it? You might as well try and work on a closer route or make a new route wholesale.

Q112 via Q7 routing and then euclid to pitkin for fountain to the (3) can work. What was wrong with giving the entire rockaway blvd corridor bus service? via rerouting to stay on it to crescent street (J) then replace former B18 up to ridgewood on select trips or just that.

B35's B14 idea however I like it in a sense as the postal facility is DEAD!!!!!!!! Just look at the B15 if you want to see how dead it is.

Both the Q112 and Q7 get fair service but you can't really help the Q112 that much. Wherever you try to terminate it the A train is right there. The Q7 extension could help the B15 only if it went into JFK passenger terminals.

Archived