Transit Museum's 19th Annual Bus Festival

Harry

I just got back, Nothing new really, they did bring back the MCI Classic, NYBS and the Grumman flex, Meet some really great people on here, RTS Specially,Same goes for the bus Operators that drove the museums buses there, they were really great guys to talk to, Specially this one Operator,he use to work for The Avenue B & East Broadway transit company,The last private bus company in Manhattan believe it or not, he told me one of the Avenue B New looks are still in existence today, the only problem is trying to convince the private owner to bring it to the fair lol. all and all it was great. :D

There weren't any real physical fights this year.

Just got back. It was fun, but the place didn't have that much. Some of the buses showed up, but there wasn't a lot of variety. A lot of fishbowls from the older generations. But there were some other items, such as 236, the Liberty Lines MCI Classic, and even a work-electric truck. There were supposed to be more, but it didn't happen. So my expectations were underwhelmed.

The most fun parts of the day, oddly, were traveling with most of the forum to the Transit Museum (which was free today), conversing with plenty of the mainstays here (and there were plenty), and exploring the street convention. Many of us took pictures and recorded footage of the buses and trucks leaving the festival.

So, a bit of a "meh" experience when merely viewing and exploring the automobiles, but fun talking to many of the transit fans (from the NYCTF, TTMG, and/or from other places) and operators there.

Guest MTA Bus

I enjoyed it this year. Unforentuly, 4904 didn't show up, but it was ok. I saw a few railfans today, like 4P3607, Cait Sith, and R323838. Eveeybidy was foaming over 3006 leaving. That's was funny.

I enjoyed it this year. Unforentuly, 4904 didn't show up, but it was ok. I saw a few railfans today, like 4P3607, Cait Sith, and R323838. Eveeybidy was foaming over 3006 leaving. That's was funny.

LOL, I saw that, there were like 30 people lined up video taping the rear of 3006, I got a pic from the front since nobody was there

Archived