What is the best line in the MTA(NYC) system you have used?

qjtransitmaster

The trend I noticed is that more people take the bus to Flatbush, than to Downtown. And I can agree with the short turns, because I never go (south/east) past the Junction.

Easily.....

NB 103's pretty much empty out at the junction for the most part; one of the main reasons there are more short turns in the morning than the # of 103's that run to downtown.... This morning when I waited for the BM2 at av H/utica, I counted [7] 103's w/i a 10 min. span.... 5 were short turns, 2 were going downtown...... 4 of the 5 short turn buses were packed, 1 of the 2 downtown bound buses were packed....

SB 103's however, are well used heading from downtown, towards the junction..... then of course, you get another pack of riders coming up from the subway at the junction, heading towards canarsie.....

Ridership patterns on the 103 been like that for the longest now.

I just picked the routes that I find to be the most reliable, fastest and civilized and those are the ones. The M50 is a great bus. Never crowded, quick and for the most part prompt and quiet.

The time I took the M50 it's was not bad. I was the only person on the bus until 10th Avenue, then people starters filling up the bus, and by the time I got off at 3rd Avenue, there were about 2 people on the bus.

The time I took the M50 it's was not bad. I was the only person on the bus until 10th Avenue, then people starters filling up the bus, and by the time I got off at 3rd Avenue, there were about 2 people on the bus.

Yeah I just wish that it ran a bit more frequently than every 30 minutes on the weekends but other than that I have no complaints. I usually manage to have short waits for the most part.

My list is as follows

Bronx: Bx18. Whenever I want to go from the train station to the River Park Towers, I don't need no cab. I got my personal cab called the Bx18. I'm so glad the MTA didn't cut that bus routes. It's really beneficial

Queens: Q67

Really winding, but I love how it passes through a lot of industrial places (that's Bascially half of the ridership, workers to those areas, and the other half is school children and people who shop at This Duane Reade that looks like its out in the Middle of nowhere which is somewhere along 55th Avenue)

Brooklyn:

B61: Might not be the greatest route in the world because of bunching, but I still like it

Manhattan:

I don't have a favorite

Staten Island

S74: I rode it once from Bricktown to the ferry. The bus was empty (except for me) all the way until New Dorp Lane (yeah, no one got on at the Eltingville Transit Center) Then by two stops, it got SRO, then it went flagging the bus stops north of Vanderbuilt Avenue, each stop having 4-5 riders waiting. All this on a Sunday. You gotta love that S74.

BxM buses

BxM11

QM buses

QM15

BM buses

BM5

X buses

Tie between X17 and X63

QJT in a recently redundant (locked) thread asked - What are the most reliable bus routes in the city?

I could sit here & list the Bx12's, B46's, B35's, etc of the world, but I'm gonna list one that couldn't hold a candle to those routes....

Some of you may call me crazy, but I think the Q49 is one of the most reliable routes in the system....

I'll even throw in one that travels a longer distance that doesn't have super low headways.... The B1.

My favorites are:

Q50 - a very nice route. I like the fact that it is on highway for a lot of the ride.

Q44 - Very fast outside of Jamaica. Love those LFSAs!

M60 - Love going over the RFK on an LFSA!

Q65/Q65 LTD - Them B/Os FLY down 164th and I love those O5 CNGs

B103 - This route is awesome outside of rush hours!

S89 - Very nice ride!

QJT in a recently redundant (locked) thread asked - What are the most reliable bus routes in the city?

I could sit here & list the Bx12's, B46's, B35's, etc of the world, but I'm gonna list one that couldn't hold a candle to those routes....

Some of you may call me crazy, but I think the Q49 is one of the most reliable routes in the system....

I'll even throw in one that travels a longer distance that doesn't have super low headways.... The B1.

Yeah I agree the Q49 is reliable. The bus comes quickly during weekdays and even on weekends. For some reason I think there are unscheduled Q49 runs weekdays.

For me I have my own favorites from each borough

Brooklyn:

B1, B3, B6, B36 for their variety and frequency of buses.

B4, B64 for their short and fast rides.

B68, B103 for frequency.

X28, BM3

Staten Island

S40 and S51 for their routes next to the coast

S53 for the frequency and scenery.

X1

Manhattan

M14, M23, M5, M15

The Bronx

Bx15, Bx19 for their frequency.

Queens

Q19, Q44, Q66

5 Specific Routes Selected for each borough based on reliability and ride comfort.

Bronx:

Bx7, Bx10, Bx20, Bx34 and BxM18.

Brooklyn:

B3, B41, B62, B103 and BM5.

Manhattan:

M15 (SBS Inclusive), M16 (now SBS M34A), M31, M79 and M86 Bus.

Queens (more than 5):

Q12, Q13, Q23, Q27, Q30, Q31, Q38, Q46, Q50, Q64, Q65, Q88, Q104, QM4 and QM11.

Staten Island (more than 5):

S51, S53, S59, S62, S78, S79, S89, X17, X22, X22A, X30 and X31.

5 Specific Routes Selected for each borough based on reliability and ride comfort.

Bronx:

Bx7, Bx10, Bx20, Bx34 and BxM18.

Brooklyn:

B3, B41, B62, B103 and BM5.

Manhattan:

M15 (SBS Inclusive), M16 (now SBS M34A), M31, M79 and M86 Bus.

Queens (more than 5):

Q12, Q13, Q23, Q27, Q30, Q31, Q38, Q46, Q50, Q64, Q65, Q88, Q104, QM4 and QM11.

Staten Island (more than 5):

S51, S53, S59, S62, S78, S79, S89, X17, X22, X22A, X30 and X31.

I'm going to say this. The Q38 shouldn't be on no ones list, and that's my home line. It's the plain opposite of my favorite. But everyone has their opinions, so I'm not going to fight anyone. Carry on.

I'm going to say this. The Q38 shouldn't be on no ones list, and that's my home line. It's the plain opposite of my favorite. But everyone has their opinions, so I'm not going to fight anyone. Carry on.

In his defense, he did list "ride comfort" as part of his reasoning.....

The both of us can disagree w/ the Q38 being reliable, but neither one of us can measure how comfortable something is to someone else......

In his defense, he did list "ride comfort" as part of his reasoning.....

The both of us can disagree w/ the Q38 being reliable, but neither one of us can measure how comfortable something is to someone else......

Well, based on my experiences, the Q38 is great, and all buses are Air Conditioned comfortably and the ride is smooth and always enjoyable in the quiet streets of Queens. But indeed, it's based on opinions so yep...

Well, based on my experiences, the Q38 is great, and all buses are Air Conditioned comfortably and the ride is smooth and always enjoyable in the quiet streets of Queens. But indeed, it's based on opinions so yep...

Only reliable lines please. thank you.

My favorite lines are the B44, B6, X28/38, X29, X23, X24, X1, X22, and X42.

Oh, and I forgot to mentioned the M15.

Tell me what makes them reliable? the X12/42

Archived