What is the best line in the MTA(NYC) system you have used?

qjtransitmaster

S44/94: A lot of residential areas, pretty fast along some stretches of Richmond Avenue (and not a ton of traffic spots overall)

S46/96: Fairly frequent, scenic route (A lot of residential areas, with some hilly parts)

S89: Fast route, pretty reliable

X17: Quick ride into Manhattan.

Only reliable lines please. thank you.

Okay the Q38, X12 and X42 may not be reliable to you, but this thread is called What Is the best Line line in the mtanyc system you have used, NOT What is the best reliable bus line in the mtanyc system overall. I may not agree with several options, but I'll respect their opinions. Sorry QJ, just telling you the truth here.

• 2 weeks later...

The best line is the subway's (4) train, one out of the two of my home subway lines. Its frequent, its always there when I need it. I love the express runs on Lexington Av/Eastern Parkway and the Jerome Av Line has great views of Woodlawn and Yankee Stadium. On the down line, its often overcrowded outside of rush hours and uses much more R142s than R142As. I liked for it to be half of those trains.

here is a fun one M20 it is always EMPTY!!!!!!! Your very own bus all to yourself for $2.25 yay quiet. HA :lol: :lol: I've seen SJ buses with higher ridership LOL. The fact that it remains is simply an act of god and the so called battery park city.

The M20 isn't always empty. There are some (although not many) people in Midtown that use it.

You want an empty/near empty bus ride? Q77. After 8pm. Springfield Gardens-bound. lolol

I am surprised M20 is not like Q77 in terms of schedule their ridership levels are pretty much the same.

No I got a better one its called the Weekend Bx18

You got me your right.

The M20 isn't always empty. There are some (although not many) people in Midtown that use it.

Let me guess ghosts!!!!!! or 3 people. Yeah key word SOME.

I am surprised M20 is not like Q77 in terms of schedule their ridership levels are pretty much the same.

You got me your right.

Let me guess ghosts!!!!!! or 3 people. Yeah key word SOME.

Actually no QJ, I just checked the recent ridership levels, and the Q77 has MORE weekday ridership than the M20 (which I am not surprised about, considering I have seen and been on packed Q77s but never in that case for the M20). The M20 has more weekend ridership, which considering the areas they serve and options, isnt surprising either. The headways they have are very similar too except for school days, but the Q77 is used a lot during the school time, because of the amt of schools along the route....

Actually no QJ, I just checked the recent ridership levels, and the Q77 has MORE weekday ridership than the M20 (which I am not surprised about, considering I have seen and been on packed Q77s but never in that case for the M20). The M20 has more weekend ridership, which considering the areas they serve and options, isnt surprising either. The headways they have are very similar too except for school days, but the Q77 is used a lot during the school time, because of the amt of schools along the route....

That is a slap on the face of the Q77's riders it has more ridership and cuts off earlier than a route that barely anybody uses. Sorry but M20 has no business running that late on weekdays. I had a feeling that was the case.

Im throwing by vote for the Q67. Its always on time (even with the meager hours it has), the ride isn't long (about 25-35 mins, depending on the time of day), and it goes up a bunch of hills Middle Village-Bound.

The only thing that kills the line is the traffic light at Borden & Greenpoint. Its too short for Borden and too long for Greenpoint.

Im throwing by vote for the Q67. Its always on time (even with the meager hours it has), the ride isn't long (about 25-35 mins, depending on the time of day), and it goes up a bunch of hills Middle Village-Bound.

The only thing that kills the line is the traffic light at Borden & Greenpoint. Its too short for Borden and too long for Greenpoint.

You are right I have never been on a late Q67!!!!!

You are right I have never been on a late Q67!!!!!

I like the ride, but Q67's outside of the AM rush tend to come when they want, heading towards Queens plaza (heading towards Middle Village, I seldom have a problem with)...... Personally, I think some of those b/o's take longer layovers b/c they know they're not gonna be picking up as many pax....

People all said mine, but I don't think anyone said the B43. Even with the terrible headways, that route is on point.

Agreed... Instead of taking the B35 to Mcdonald for the (G) & walk from court sq to Queens plz, I walk from church to empire & catch the B43 to greenpoint (take it to the last stop) & then walk over the bridge to get to Queens plz..... too much pigeon shit & a heavy stench of piss by the red steps to get to the bridge from ground level though.... Sometimes I do the reverse when coming back to Brooklyn (instead of taking the B62 to the B46 @ WBP).....

I've developed a habit of wanting to avoid manhattan whenever I come from Queens....

Staten Island:

s74: Best alternative to the x1 on Sundays from Eltingville Transit Center, feels like a limited on Richmond Rd.

x22a: Bus usually has seats during rush hour!

x19: Alternative to the x23/x24 which has no seats at 8/9th Avenues between 5:30-6:30pm

x17: Full Weekend Service!

s89: Yay! Service to NJ, used when SHTF at the Lincoln Tunnel

Btw:

x1: My least favorite. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived