Best driver ever on MTA Bus

alekr

I love this driver named Eddie. He is currently operating the Q20B he is so friendly and he is the only one MTA driver that I know learning American Sign Language. He is wanting to be a church interpreter in the future and I love to chat with him using some ASL and he have been working for the MTA for 26 years and not yet planning to retire!

Eddie is really nice person because unlike other drivers:

-He always wait patiently for others people to come especially the people that runs trying to get the bus he opens the door for them. Not like other drivers who slam the doors and leaves.

-At the terminals he always wait using the stores mirrors to check make sure nobody is coming and departs

-Always smiling and loving his job. He also even greets the children which makes me happy.

There's Norman, a bus operator based out of College Point Depot. We usually crack jokes and sometimes talk about the buses in general and other stuff, and he is also polite to the other passengers. He's also patient with all the types of passengers he deals with, even if he's about to depart, he just makes sure everyone got in safe. He also actually takes the time to announce what stop is next and the transfers available. On his first run on the Q65, there was a fire on a grocery store, so passengers were asking if his bus was stopping near Flushing Hospital, due to a detour ordered by the dispatcher as a result of the fire, and he notified the passengers when we were about to approach Flushing Hospital. He's a cool B/O.

Best driver on the Q64? That's easy. For us early morning commuters, Andy Breslin wins that honor. Even though he commutes all the way from Orange County, he is rock solid reliable, always there on time. And even though the early runs are sometimes packed, and traffic signals are skewed against us, he manages to get us to the Forest Hills subway station in time to catch our train. Always friendly and popular with his riders. Wish there were more like him......

There's an S89 driver that was really nice, but I don't see him anymore (I saw him over the summer, but not in the fall). He was kind of old, so maybe he retired. He would always greet everybody who came in, and would hold the bus if somebody was running.

I don't know his name, but I did see the name of his follower mentioned in the newspaper (though I forgot the name). They mentioned a driver who always said "Walker Street is the next & last stop on Staten Island", and he's the only one who I know of that says it like that.

It's not just only MTA or NICE Buses, but I also had best driver on Bee-Line Bus as well.

When I was attending Bee-Line public hearing, nice LLC operator on W13 greeted his passengers and waited for some people.

Melvin something from LGA Depot was best driver and he used to do QM24 3rd Av branch and he was cortesy to his passengers.

There's also some good LGA B/O friend on Q72.

Before the Bx1/Bx2 LTD changes, and when I took Bx2 LTD Southbound for first time, there was good B/O I made friend with and he even announced on his bus radio "celebrity on board. He know all his buses from NYC, Bee-Line Bus, Long Island Bus, NJ Transit!"

Juan Perez, MHV B/O and he's my friend and also good customer service to courtesy and he's funny and nice.

Sometimes he has good eye and he waits for elderly/disabled rushing for bus.

Sometimes because of cars parking at bus stop, sometimes he stops few inches after bus stop. Every time he say that,

"Sorry, because of cars."

For example:

Tourist: Do you go....

JP: Yes, that's where I am going.

Cynthia on Veolia NICE is best customer service to NICE passengers and Queens passengers. She kindly tells passengers who tries to get off in Queens that they have to take city bus.

Speaking of better bus operator, I even got on best Coach USA/ShortLine B/O doing Tappan Zee Express trip.

Here is video. This was on Monday (forgot when) but he was only B/O that made announcement bus stops different depends between ShortLine & Tappan Zee Express.

This happened after I got bus at Palisade Mall and one lady was asking b/o and she wasn't sure Tarrytown ticket was good for White Plain, however his fellow passengers said it works in White Plains. That's when this B/O started announcement.

Today, after attending Level 4 English Class at Aguillar Branch of NYPL, I caught another excellent bus operator from Tuskegee Airmen Depot.

"At 18:04, I was at Lexington Av & 106th St Bus Stop waiting for either downtown M98 or M101 Limited bus.

At 18:06, I boarded Articulated Bus on M101 Limited bus, which had friendly female driver.

There was an elderly lady with small shopping cart full with her shopping was about to get off when female bus operator said she doesn’t go there, however this nice female bus operator said, “I’ll take you there.”

She made special stop at 102nd local stop for her, so I help elderly lady bring her cart down to street level.

After stopping at 100th St across from Tusgee Airmen Depot, female driver said in funny and comedian voice, “I not going there. Next stop, 99th St! Driver change!”

It made me laugh so hard, I almost drop down on aisle!"

There was man passenger with cruches on both side, who wanted to go to Metropolitan Hospital on 97th St near 2nd Av.

Passenger and I suggested he should take 96th St crosstown because of hill and he wasn't go with hill.

At that time, it was male bus operator was getting ready to leave and he said ask her and that female bus operator came back and she gave male person with crunches, which some passengers smile and said, "That's nice of her."

Archived