b110 bus

kingal11234

Private Transportation is a Jewish company that from what I've heard is very picky about picking up people who don't look like religious Jews, even though its city franchise forces them to pick up anyone at their stops. If you're lucky to get on, you'll be on an Orion V, a Gillig Phantom, or a Gillig Advantage (they had Orion Is but I think they're gone). If you try and sit in the back, people will not like it as the religious Jews who ride it have laws that force men and women to sit separately. The women will be in the back, men up front. They were big in the news last year because of that, and PT said their B/Os will not segregate passengers (though they have many times in the past), however expect the crowd on the bus to ask you to move (and probably harass you until you do like I've heard in the past).

I really don't remember the route though. Someone here should know it.

Fun fact: PT is owned by MCIZ Corp. which also owns some private bus services in Williamsburg (the public is not allowed on) and some express buses from Jewish neighborhoods in Brooklyn to Manhattan, both of those services may use the PT buses as well as different MCIZ O5s and Gilligs. MCIZ also owns New York Airport Service and half of CitySights NY and Grayline.

We need some more ladies on here so we can get an uninterrupted on board video/sound clip from the back row lol

They get their buses from Fairfax Connector down in Virginia off of public surplus since FC is getting brand new Xcelciors.

BTW, FC Orion Vs are a hell of a lot better than ours

Correct! I dont think he's been down to dc to ride those. Their xcelsiors sound & look way better than ours. Put it like this, everything down there looks better than our paint scheme. Everything runs better down there , everything sounds better than ours. Their xcelsiors sound better in overdrive down there, they dont even have that LBSS crap we got here.

Where does the b110 bus go? What streets does it travel on it's destination? Does anyone have a map of this route

I don't feel like drawing a google map, but AFAIK, the route goes:

NB: (Starts on 18th av b/w 49th & 50th sts, then) 49th st > ft hamilton pkwy > mcdonald av > 11th av > the prospect > the gowanus > the BQE > (not sure what number it is, but it's the) flushing av exit > classon av > wallabout st > bedford av > taylor st > lee av (ends along the playground b/w taylor & wilson)

SB: (Starts on Lee av av b/w b/w taylor & wilson sts, then) along lee av > wallabout st > kent st > w'burg st west > the BQE > the gowanus > the prospect > exit 4 (10th av) > 10th av > mcdonald av > ft hamilton pkwy > 50th st > 18th av (ends in front of the pizza store; b/w 49th & 50th sts)

Both its end terminals are last dropoff/first pickup stops.....

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?authuser=0&vps=2&hl=en&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&mid=1348794634&msa=19&msid=204750700533050976010.0004cab4e0dd157459a9e

New Map. Anyways, That route should be taken over by the MTA and be extended to WBP. That and keep the 2.50 base fare. Make it based out of Grand Avenue and JG. I know the schedule to the route. Each day has a different schedule. PM me if you want the full schedule.

https://maps.google....b4e0dd157459a9e

New Map. Anyways, That route should be taken over by the MTA and be extended to WBP. That and keep the 2.50 base fare. Make it based out of Grand Avenue and JG. I know the schedule to the route. Each day has a different schedule. PM me if you want the full schedule.

I can't see that happening. There would be a lot of tension with that route. And besides, if the MTA did take over, they would have to increased the number of trips. A lot of the B110s leaving Borough Park are often pack to capacity between reaching Fort Hamilon Parkway. It's an uncomfortable sight to see a young boy standing in the stairwell on the BQE.

https://maps.google....b4e0dd157459a9e

Ah, so that explains the little lot next to 62nd Street/New Utrecht Avenue station.

I don't feel like drawing a google map, but AFAIK, the route goes:

NB: (Starts on 18th av b/w 49th & 50th sts, then) 49th st > ft hamilton pkwy > mcdonald av > 11th av > the prospect > the gowanus > the BQE > (not sure what number it is, but it's the) flushing av exit > classon av > wallabout st > bedford av > taylor st > lee av (ends along the playground b/w taylor & wilson)

SB: (Starts on Lee av av b/w b/w taylor & wilson sts, then) along lee av > wallabout st > kent st > w'burg st west > the BQE > the gowanus > the prospect > exit 4 (10th av) > 10th av > mcdonald av > ft hamilton pkwy > 50th st > 18th av (ends in front of the pizza store; b/w 49th & 50th sts)

Both its end terminals are last dropoff/first pickup stops.....

Not sure the B110 bus still travels along the BQE. Quite often I have seen B110 buses travel on Vanderbilt Avenue both directions. Sometimes I seen buses travel on Clinton Avenue.

• 1 year later...

Archived