Lawyer for Eltahawy, an Egyptian-American writer calls action free speech

Harry

If people wants to protest, that's fine, just don't obstruct the street traffic and keeping people from getting to the stores or restaurants that have nothing to do with the big banks. And vandalism of any kind should never be justified.

FTR, I want those big banks to return all the handout money they got from the government, I certainly don't support the banks either.

I'm not a fan of Occupy myself due to its mostly unclear protesting goals, but whether you like it or not, they do have a clear-cut point protesting the anti-Muslim racist ads that are being spread in the subway.

I'd like to see them protesting against an ad saying "Support Jihad-Defeat Israel". If I see the same reaction to an ad like that, there'd be no problems from me.

I'd like to see them protesting against an ad saying "Support Jihad-Defeat Israel". If I see the same reaction to an ad like that, there'd be no problems from me.

Because everyone who dislikes the anti-Islam ads is automatically anti-Israel, and because it's only fair that since there were anti-Israel ads that there be anti-Islam ads. Real smart there.

Then I guess it'd be fair to have racist ads if there were anti-racist ads.

I sure as hell don't support any anti-Islam, anti-Muslim, anti-Jew, or anti-Israel ads, period.

I don't support ads like this at all, they're racist no matter who they're talking about. But I also support free speech, and don't like how our society is defending our number 1 enemy. If there's counter ads and an equal amount of people speak out against them, then I have no problems with people attacking the ads, but from what I can see people are only attacking the ads because they're anti-Jihad.

I'll always support free speech, which includes ads like this as well as speaking out against them. But I don't like that people are only against these ads because of who they target, and would be fine with them if they targeted someone else.

Ill have to admit, I feel a bit alone here in saying I support the defacement of these ads.

Of course it was illegal, but she was using her power of resistance to cope with what she knew was biased, conservative bulls**t.

Her only mistake was, as we in the video, acting surprised when she got arrested. Most people nowadays who do such a thing at such a busy would accept the arrest afterwards, because they know it's coming to them.

It's vandalism, but it's the most justified vandalism I've ever seen.

if I see anyone deface those ads, I will be reporting them to the token clerk

Its one of the few times I will actually go with the old saying "see something, say something"

Would that make you feel noble? Like you were being a good citizen? Nothing like taking a stand for speech in the name of racism.

like I have stated before, I don't see any issue with those ads. I dont care if this lady thinks its offensive, theres plenty of things that were offensive to catholics and christians in this city and you didnt see any catholics go in there and vandalize it or go rioting in the streets

Archived