Commuters respond to PATH fare increase

Harry

[float=left]post-5097-0-21396200-1348775355_thumb.jpg[/float]PATH train riders be advised, the price of a one-way ride is going up 25 cents Monday to $2.25.

The change takes effect at 3 a.m. Monday.

"I need to find a new job," joked Nisa Ahmed, a worker at Hudson County Community College, who currently spends $13.50 a day between her PATH and NJ Transit train rides, commuting from Rahway.

Read more: Source

post-5097-0-21396200-1348775355_thumb.jpg

Holy crap, I didn't even know they were going to raise their fares. Damn.

A few years ago, before it was going up by a quarter (from 1.75), i remember PA announced that in the up coming years, it will be raised by 25 Centers. I think only up to 2.75. Didn't realize it was happening so soon...

It's about time they raised the fare at PATH, $2 to go from NY to NJ is very cheap considering NJT charges $5 from New York Penn to Newark Penn. By 2014 the fare will be $2.75 which is still cheap. Alot of the blame for the increase goes to those who don't pay to ride and in my 6 months that I was an agent before getting promoted, alot of people beat the fare.

The revenue raised by this will help with projects like the new Harrison Station, lengthening the platform at Grove St so NWK-WTC can run 10 cars, the new signal system, and many other projects including the ordering of PA-6 cars.

It's about time they raised the fare at PATH, $2 to go from NY to NJ is very cheap considering NJT charges $5 from New York Penn to Newark Penn. By 2014 the fare will be $2.75 which is still cheap. Alot of the blame for the increase goes to those who don't pay to ride and in my 6 months that I was an agent before getting promoted, alot of people beat the fare.

The revenue raised by this will help with projects like the new Harrison Station, lengthening the platform at Grove St so NWK-WTC can run 10 cars, the new signal system, and many other projects including the ordering of PA-6 cars.

I totally agree with you!

[float=left]post-5097-0-21396200-1348775355_thumb.jpg[/float]PATH train riders be advised, the price of a one-way ride is going up 25 cents Monday to $2.25.

The change takes effect at 3 a.m. Monday.

"I need to find a new job," joked Nisa Ahmed, a worker at Hudson County Community College, who currently spends $13.50 a day between her PATH and NJ Transit train rides, commuting from Rahway.

Read more: Source

People dont wanna pay for anything but expect PANYNJ to pull magic money out of their ass to provide and improve/expand service!

Archived