NABI Metro 40C?

Turbo19

Hey, just recieved this from a friend at CPTDB.

http://www.cptdb.ca/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=38892

It seems that the front is borrowed from the Gen III NABI 40-LFW.

Opinions? I personally see NICE possibly ordering some. Almost for sure LA will get some.

Considering I live not to far from the West Coast mantianence facility, I will know if i passes through here

Hey, just recieved this from a friend at CPTDB.

http://www.cptdb.ca/...attach_id=38892

It seems that the front is borrowed from the Gen III NABI 40-LFW.

Opinions? I personally see NICE possibly ordering some. Almost for sure LA will get some.

Considering I live not to far from the West Coast mantianence facility, I will know if i passes through here

Could you copy and paste the photo link or whatever it is please? Some of us (like moi) arent members of the place.

Holy crap, that looks great! Damn! While I'm a big fan of the original look of the 40/45Cs, this looks just as good!

Yeah, I know. To my knowledge, it is currently just a prototype and not yet annouced by NABI. Seems as if they are looking to win LACMTA's upcoming contract. It looks as it can last 15 years in service easily, which is why I suggested that NICE or even NJT get some. Hell, if NABI weren't so picky with their bids, this would be NYC's perfect fit. No more NABI haters using the 45' length as an excuse (which is irrelavant considering MTA operates MCI's and Prevost's) as to why it will not work out.

So this is a 40C redesigned to look like a 45C (aka COMPO)? COOL! (I think most of the NABI designs are ugly).

Now that they've revived that design, it would be nice for someone around here to get some

(I imagine (MTA) still doesn't want to try them out, right?)

Still, the 45ft might still be good for its higher capacity.

Not trying to start another good ol' NABI argument here, but do they really have to rip off the Xcelsior in every possibly way with that front end? Same with the new LFW front end...

I'm NOT judging the performance of the bus, I'm judging it's looks right now. I'm not arguing with anyone about this again.

Not trying to start another good ol' NABI argument here, but do they really have to rip off the Xcelsior in every possibly way with that front end? Same with the new LFW front end...

I'm NOT judging the performance of the bus, I'm judging it's looks right now. I'm not arguing with anyone about this again.

The Compo bus came years before the Xcelsior. If anything, New Flyer ripped off NABI, not the other way around.

But it's this new design that (IMO) ripped off the Xcelsior, not the old one.

I think it is more reminiscent of the LFR if anything, and only then slightly.

To the eye, some products may look identical to others, but if you take the time to differentiate, one can see the difference.

I think it is more reminiscent of the LFR if anything, and only then slightly.

To the eye, some products may look identical to others, but if you take the time to differentiate, one can see the difference.

I never said it was identical, but I think it's similar to the point where it looks like they ripped off New Flyer.

I never said it was identical, but I think it's similar to the point where it looks like they ripped off New Flyer.

Every manufacturer with similar designs have ripped off of each other, Orion/New Flyer, NovaBus/Gillig/ElDorado, NABI/Orion/New Flyer/Gillig, the mixes goes on and on.

Every manufacturer with similar designs have ripped off of each other, Orion/New Flyer, NovaBus/Gillig/ElDorado, NABI/Orion/New Flyer/Gillig, the mixes goes on and on.

I don't know man, this one is pretty damn close...

Kinda off topic, but I see what you mean with some of those. The Eldorado Axess looks a lot like an older NABI LFW.

I don't know man, this one is pretty damn close...

Close? Seriously?

Compare this

DSC03703.jpg

to this

DSC03920.jpg

to this

nabimetro40c.jpg

Just how exactly is that even remotely close? Aside from the smiley faces, they aren't even close to the same. The Orion and Xcelsior share more similarities than NABI does!

Close? Seriously?

Compare this

DSC03703.jpg

to this

DSC03920.jpg

to this

nabimetro40c.jpg

Just how exactly is that even remotely close? Aside from the smiley faces, they aren't even close to the same. The Orion and Xcelsior share more similarities than NABI does!

It's really just the front end, smiley face as well as the windshield, that looks like the Xcelsior (and more on the LFW than the Compo), the rest of the bus is completely different even on the LFW and I'm not denying that.

It's really just the front end, smiley face as well as the windshield, that looks like the Xcelsior (and more on the LFW than the Compo), the rest of the bus is completely different even on the LFW and I'm not denying that.

Newsflash brah, the compos were out waaaaaaaaaaaaaay before the Xcelsiors were born. By this logic, New Flyer copied NABI. So in essence, NABI has all rights to do the same!

And that's the part of the bus that looks like the Xcelsior...

Done arguing. I think I made my point.

If you had said the front resembles the New Flyer LFA, yes, some closeness, but the Xcelsior never had those headlights. LACMTA is sold on composites (45C) this I believe pushes them over the top on the next RFP, brilliant looking, though I love the almost fishbowl look of the 45C

The Xcelsior and NABI look similar, but the Xcelsior has more of a rearward slope, heading the way of an RTS. The NABI is more straight and also larger and bulging more. That's part of what makes it resemble a fishbowl.

Overall, the Xcelsior might resemble the NABI, but that's really in comparison ti everything else.

On a side note, I thought this http://www.thomasbus.com/bus-models/school/saf-t-liner-hdx.asp resembled the Xcelsior a bit as well, but that was from expecting the rear engine version of the SafTLiner to look like an RTS, since the popular front engine version has that curved slope.

Archived