NABI Metro 40C?

Turbo19

The color schemes the 45C's got out West seemed to indicate a "retro" pattern (Especially since this model so evokes a new look), so I imagined that if (MTA) ever did get any, it might restore the lighter blue bulkhead. Want to do up one in that scheme? And then, there's the SBS scheme as well.

I don't know what's ugly about it (I do prefer the 2 part windshield, however). It's the other NABI models that look awkward in the front.

• 4 months later...

This thing is hideous, I hope the TA doesn't order any of these.  What's the deal with the two concave parts on the side anyways...yuck!

"Futuristic design." They did have a regular 40-foot composite bus for LA before making the weird curved thing. The monocoque structure and composite materials allow plenty of flexibility with shapes and such.

I love the composites body concept...just NABI isn't very good at this making buses thing. The Altoona test unit had leaks around the windows. Would've loved to see a carbon composite body Xcelsior or LFS; from bus manufacturers with better build quality.

• 1 month later...

It's really just the front end, smiley face as well as the windshield, that looks like the Xcelsior (and more on the LFW than the Compo), the rest of the bus is completely different even on the LFW and I'm not denying that.

Orion look nothing like any bus and like you said besides the smiley face or that crease, they fair no resemblance.

Another view of the new 40C design....it kinda disproves that "omg it looks like an xcelsior" theory....

185194_504006582962168_258680684_n.jpg

They actually look way better than the 1st generation Compobus, maybe better looking than any American Ikarus or NABI ever. I wouldn't New York to go for NABIs or not even call in MTA Maryland's opinion.

• 1 month later...

Due to the move of all body production from Hungary to the U.S., NABI has discontinued the CompoBus:

http://www.nabusind.com/news/NABI%20Press%20Release%20-%20Domestic%20Production.pdf

Wow, I'm shocked! Seemed like something only they were able to offer, something they wouldn't discontinue so fast.

Oh well, I'm not a big NABI fan after all. But I'm glad they're moving all production to the US! USA USA USA!!!! Kudos to NABI!

This now gives us 2 major US bus builders that build their buses 100% in the US, NABI in addition to Gillig. New Flyer and Nova as most of you know build shells in Canada and ships them here for final assembly for US orders.

Well, there goes Foothill Transit's order of the 40C's & 45C's.

So I suppose Foothill Transit will now just be receive more 42-BRT's, as NABI has now discontinued the production of the Metro 40/45C.

Damn, annoyed is an understatement. Some of Foothill's heavier lines need 45 foot buses. Hopefully the cost is now reduced and Foothill Transit can pick up some extra buses to compensate.

Hell, they might have just lost LACMTA as a customer.

It saddens me that the compobus line has died. I would've loved to see some in the Northeast if possible. Those buses were built like tanks!

Tell you what dude, in three years when the original Compo's leave LA, I'll buy one at auction and drive on over to the five boroughs. B-)

All joking aside, it'd be nice to preserve one. Generally each vehicle that is auctioned goes for no more than $2000.00, obviously though you still have to factor insurance and fuel costs.

It'd be great though. Man I need to contact Eddie (you likely know him, from Cali).

Tell you what dude, in three years when the original Compo's leave LA, I'll buy one at auction and drive on over to the five boroughs. B-)

All joking aside, it'd be nice to preserve one. Generally each vehicle that is auctioned goes for no more than $2000.00, obviously though you still have to factor insurance and fuel costs.

It'd be great though. Man I need to contact Eddie (you likely know him, from Cali).

Definitely do.

I've heard of Eddie too. He use to own a CNG Neoplan, but got rid of it. Did he get something else after that bus?

I've heard of Eddie too. He use to own a CNG Neoplan, but got rid of it. Did he get something else after that bus?

Last I heard, he's now with a 1993 TMC RTS WFD that was at Long Beach Transit.

Archived