Convicted TSA agent who stole more than $800K worth of goods from passenger

mark1447

Convicted TSA agent who stole more than $800K worth of goods from passengers says stealing from bags is ‘very’ common

tsa30n-3-web.jpg

A former TSA agent who spent three years in prison for stealing from passengers' luggage says the practice is “commonplace.”

Pythias Brown admits to stealing more than $800,000 worth of cash, clothing and electronics over a four-year period at Newark Liberty International Airport. He was finally caught trying to sell a stolen CNN camera on eBay.

"It became so easy, I got complacent," Brown told ABC News.

Though Brown says he might have been one of the biggest thieves at the Transportation Security Administration, he believes the agency has a culture of entitlement — and of looking the other way.

“It was so easy. One day I walked out of there with the video game, the Nintendo Wii. I walked right out of the checkpoint with the Nintendo Wii in my hand,” he said.

TSA agents on the take justify their actions, he explained.

“They aren’t paying me, they’re treating me wrong. They’re doing this and they’re doing that. And they just don’t care,” he said of some of his former colleagues.

Read the rest.... http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/tsa-agent-convicted-theft-stealing-bags-common-article-1.1170993?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=pulsenews

So tired of people complaining about jobs they decided to take. Oh I don't get this. I have to deal with that. Well get another job! Friggin' loser. Three years for stealing close to 800k worth of cash, clothing and electronics... He should be beaten like he stole something (which he did) and then some.

Well, not for nothing, but when you have a job with piss poor pay, you get piss poor people.

lol... Still a lame excuse.... If he wanted more money he could take on another job or get a new full time job altogether. Would be a lot easier quite frankly. Are they allowed to go through your things when unloading them? It seems like that's what he was doing. What they should do is have surveillance in that area. In all of my years of flying, I've been fortunate so far not to have anything stolen or lost.

Blaming one doesn't do justice and doesn't solve anything. At least he recognize his fault like several other TSA Agents caught doing the same act. In fact a lot do it under the radar but yet to be caught and believe me, this is not limited to TSA Agents, also local police and other "enforcement" agencies around the nation and beyond.

Incompetent TSA agents? They're all over, never mind EWR. And these idiots are supposed to be the first line of defense in airports? God help us.

They're ESPECIALLY bad at EWR. There was just a study the other day that showed they don't always follow procedures properly, which doesn't surprise me at all. Good luck to that airport, I'll see y'all at JFK.

• 4 weeks later...

Looking at how this jackass stole $800K in goods from passengers and hearing that other TSA agents are doing the same thing regularly tells me why I have been seeing an enormous amount of passengers taking Amtrak and Greyhound recently.

Archived