Bravo Bravo *golf clap* What a surprise!

alejr88

These pictures and the video aren't the best quality, it was a quick catch and I had to take out my cellphone. I couldn't believe what I saw at West 4 street. Take a look:

2rqm4ra.jpg

1z1a5ab.jpg

zof3p.jpg

98sksh.jpg

261p6jl.jpg

24mxs04.jpg

mv4wg4.jpg

30volkm.jpg

I have no idea, I was waiting for a (D) elta at the (A) platform and that train showed up, heck I was shocked.

Besides my early comment, dk if it had something to with ether a problem along 6th Avenue or just put in service to 145 and then to CCY for a wash. Thats where they usually head to.

Barclays Concert Special's I seen them at coney Is Yard ready for work

Oddly they would have "Special" service for Barclays Center. But Madison Square Garden doesn't see that sort of thing. Its another arena just like BC.

Oddly they would have "Special" service for Barclays Center. But Madison Square Garden doesn't see that sort of thing. Its another arena just like BC.

For one it's not in the middle of Manhattan, and you also gotta remember that Forest City is in bed with the MTA, they built the arena on MTA property and paid the MTA millions for naming rights to the subway station. Think about that...

For one it's not in the middle of Manhattan, and you also gotta remember that Forest City is in bed with the MTA, they built the arena on MTA property and paid the MTA millions for naming rights to the subway station. Think about that...

hmm......... I guess that make sense, seeing all the options around. The only extra service I can see is LIRR and maybe NJT.

But for BC, I'm curious if the IRT would also see some extra service.

sorry for the double post but have to remember too that time of evening on a weekend theres only three BMT services and two IRT services running, along with limited LIRR service. in addition, for those that count which equipment ran on which line, do u count specials that r not regular service?

Madison Square garden is in the middle of Manhattan where there plenty of choices on how to get home. Baseball specials take people from the Bronx/Queens to Manhattan, Barclays center specials will take peeps from brooklyn to Manhattan so they can go back to Jersey or CT ect ect...

All of the Barclays specials are gap trains, so they can be whatever the dispatchers decide they need. They're using 142's and 160's so that the signs can be set up at a moment's notice. This is the same reason why we had 142 1 trains running on July 4.

All of the Barclays specials are gap trains, so they can be whatever the dispatchers decide they need. They're using 142's and 160's so that the signs can be set up at a moment's notice. This is the same reason why we had 142 1 trains running on July 4.

Will they run for all events at the arena? (Nets games, other concerts, etc.) Also is it likely for a Barclays special (B) or (D) to run via 8th Avenue like this one did?

It's all depending on GO's or whatever. One of the primary reasons it was decided to run specials from Barclays is at that time of evening, service has begun to get sporatic in that part of Brooklyn, with only a handful of LIRR trains, (2)(3)(4)(D)(N)(Q)(R) service and no (R)(3) pending on how late. Compare that to MSG, where due to its location and Amtrak/LIRR/MNR (nearby) along with the (A)(C)(E)(1)(2)(3)(D)(F)(M)(Q)(N)(R) and PATH as well, no specials are needed. Depending on the event, there may be more or fewer specials running. The only places they can be staged is Utica Av, 9Av and south of Prospect Pk after (B) service has ended (Nevins spur is interesting, but the real question is which direction to run the one train that can fit in there). No foaming suggestions using Lafayette spur, that tower isn't even manned to move the switch.

I find interesting that

1. The (B) was running via 8 Ave

2. The (B) ran that late at night

It was running via 8th Avenue because of a GO. Uptown (D) trains were also sent via 8th Avenue local too. Yeah that was rare and on a Sunday too.

Archived