A 14-year old Florida Teen Mom accused of choking her newborn to death

Shortline Bus

s-CASSIDY-GOODSON-BABY-large.jpg

"A 14-year is accused of choking her newborn to death while the baby was still attached to her by the umbilical cord.

Cassidy Goodson of Lakeland, Fla. is charged with first-degree murder and aggravated child abuse, according to the Ledger.

Goodson gave birth to a boy in the bathroom of her home on Sept. 19, ABC News reports.

Police say the high school freshman ultimately used scissors to pry the baby out of her body and into the toilet. Lifting the baby out of the toilet, Goodson "placed her hands on the infant's neck and squeezed until he wasn't moving or breathing any longer," according to a statement released by Polk County Sheriff's Office on Friday.

Goodson allegedly killed the childbecause she "didn't know what to do with it," officials told WTSP.

Goodson had reportedly been wearing baggy clothes to hide from her family that she was pregnant. Two aunts suspected the teen was pregnant, but the girl's mother, Teresa Goodson, "was in complete denial," Sheriff Grady Judd told the Ledger.

As evidence that she wasn't pregnant, Cassidy Goodson had shown her mother two home pregnancy tests that turned up negative. However, the teen had conducted the tests completely alone."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/01/cassidy-goodson-kills-murders-chokes-newborn-baby_n_1928754.html?utm_hp_ref=crime&icid=maing-grid7|main5|dl2|sec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D213737

Why the hell is she 14 and a mother???????

Because this country still can't get its act together with viable birth control. You take the morning after-pill, you're stopping a cell from moving around your body. You take her approach with nothing, no abortion, and then you commit a murder. Pick which one's better!

Because this country still can't get its act together with viable birth control. You take the morning after-pill, you're stopping a cell from moving around your body. You take her approach with nothing, no abortion, and then you commit a murder. Pick which one's better!

...And do this while your parents most likely do not know about it.

I'm not even angry at this; this is more deserving of a facepalm....

I'd like to know what was the mother's/father's/guardian's reaction when it was first revealed/shown that this girl was pregnant.... My guess is one of those "you make a baby, you take care of it - by yourself" type responses......

As long as teenagers are out here willingly f#*(ing in mass numbers, unfortunately you're gonna keep on hearing more stories like this...

Too many children being raised by single parents or someone totally outside the nuclear family as it is (including "the system").....

You have kids engaging in adult activities, and flight in a fight or flight response will be their natural reaction more often than not.... Flight in this case being, the death of this newborn.....

How about just anonymously bring it to the hospital and it will be taken care of by a great family. We have a ton of families on waiting lists to adopt, and the liberals tell the kids to just kill it rather than give it up to a safe home. We shouldn't be telling kids they can kill off their problems, you get pregnant, you're gonna have your kid. Can't take care of it? A loving family can.

Let's not forget the reason Planned Parenthood was started... and this is on record.

How about just anonymously bring it to the hospital and it will be taken care of by a great family. We have a ton of families on waiting lists to adopt, and the liberals tell the kids to just kill it rather than give it up to a safe home. We shouldn't be telling kids they can kill off their problems, you get pregnant, you're gonna have your kid. Can't take care of it? A loving family can.

Let's not forget the reason Planned Parenthood was started... and this is on record.

First of all, nothing is being killed when a cellular process is altered. Life does not begin at conception. That's just science. No Liberal talks about "killing it." We're all against infanticide here, thanks very much. Secondly, I really wish your lovely adoption world existed, but in reality, tons of such "accidental" children end up in orphanages or are handed off to other services that only end up throwing them out later in life, older and angrier than they started...and that solves nothing. If it's between stopping a cellular process and giving a fully-developed child a horrible life, I'll stop the cell any day of the week.

I'm not even angry at this; this is more deserving of a facepalm....

I'd like to know what was the mother's/father's/guardian's reaction when it was first revealed/shown that this girl was pregnant.... My guess is one of those "you make a baby, you take care of it - by yourself" type responses......

As long as teenagers are out here willingly f#*(ing in mass numbers, unfortunately you're gonna keep on hearing more stories like this...

Too many children being raised by single parents or someone totally outside the nuclear family as it is (including "the system").....

You have kids engaging in adult activities, and flight in a fight or flight response will be their natural reaction more often than not.... Flight in this case being, the death of this newborn.....

I cant express this any more clearer than what you said.

s-CASSIDY-GOODSON-BABY-large.jpg

Oh, btw, she looks ugly, I wou;d hate to be the father of that dead creature

This state is so messed up in the head I'm not shocked something like this hasn't happen sooner. When I was in tenth grade there was a high school student I met a while back in Middle school who had a baby at age 16. Girls having babies at around 14-16 happens everyday around here and only once in a while it makes the news. Also looking at the way this state's justice system works I bet she will be released from jail (Juvenile to me is still jail no matter what you call it) by the time she hits 18 or so. Just another day in Florida.

14-year olds getting pregnant ain't nothin' new

I've heard of stories of these girls throwing babies out the window, down the chute or simply in the dumpster! Oh wait, I got the perfect song for this!

They really gotta start teaching kids about how people can anonymously put kids up for adoption. I know parents are gonna be pissed, but if they can teach them about birth control and condoms they can teach them about that. Grls are gonna get knocked up these days, and they need to learn about other options besides abortion or literally throwing your baby away.

They really gotta start teaching kids about how people can anonymously put kids up for adoption. I know parents are gonna be pissed, but if they can teach them about birth control and condoms they can teach them about that. Grls are gonna get knocked up these days, and they need to learn about other options besides abortion or literally throwing your baby away.

I'm not sure I see the point... I mean, so now they know that they're with another family... Now what?

I have no problem with ole boy (Orion), but I'm still gonna speak my piece on this.....

They really gotta start teaching kids about how people can anonymously put kids up for adoption. I know parents are gonna be pissed, but if they can teach them about birth control and condoms they can teach them about that.

Grls are gonna get knocked up these days, and they need to learn about other options besides abortion or literally throwing your baby away.

That all sounds nice, except one small thing...

You're giving these promiscuous girls too big of a pass within your message here... Let them continue to have wanton disregard for their own bodies - and really, the newborn babies that end up being conceived as an end result..... I'd like to know what you think the adoption rate actually is in this country & on the other side of the coin, how many kids are a] trapped (yes, trapped) in foster care & b] are being taken care of otherwise in adoption agencies....

We as human beings like to think that people adopt children for all the right reasons, when in reality, they do not..... They can screen all the adopters they want & as heavily as they want & that agency will still never know whatever underlying reason(s) an adopter wants to adopt.... Hell, my own grandmother adopted a boy (who's now a young man) only because she wanted a son - after birthing 3 daughters of her own decades prior (one of which is my own mother).....

You start planting that seed inside children's minds that they can easily & willingly give up their babies for adoption because both the little boogers wanna get their little fisher-price nuts off, and this current epidemic of illegitimate kids will get exponentially worse... It's bad enough adults are contributing to this problem, we don't need it festering/growing at any more of a rate from two children deciding to have babies as well.... The whole mindset is no different than for example, "child abuse" in this country - There is little to no fear with how children act (out) these days because they know once their parent(s) try to discipline them somehow (even if there's no physicality involved with w/e discipline), the threat of that child calling the authorities on their own parents is all too real.... The real problem is the power has shifted in the adult-child dynamic - chastise the adult because he/she is of age & should *know better* & give children that engage in adult activities a pass because *they're only children*..... Knowing that, these children are pretty much doing whatever the hell they want out here because there's no real shame or consequence attached to it...... Worse, this is magnified when illegitimate children grow up to become adults having illegitimate children - As the cycle continues, as they say.....

MHV is spot on with how those kids that are relinquished (especially to the state) often end up when they're grown... This notion that potential adoptees (emanating from these children that don't need to be f*ing in the first place - raw dogg or not) will all go on to lead productive lives with no major psychological issues whatsoever after being adopted into a loving family, is indeed fantasy.... It's a notion predicated on 100% optimism... I mean, either way, I could only imagine going through life wondering who my actual birth mother & father is....

Lemme wrap this up.... and this is going to sound callous, but I'm the last person on this board that goes out of his way to be politically correct to appease anyone.... An added influx of babies pouring into adoption agencies & foster care is only gonna result in the treating of said babies as domesticated animals after a certain time period with which they cannot find homes for... Yes, I said it - Euthanasia will be in those poor babies future.... Now you tell me which is worse - this young girl voluntarily killing her own seed, or the system eventually killing her seed...... While I'm not defending her actions, this is one reason why I'm not particularly angry at ole girl either.... As a parent (in this case, the parents of miss hotpants here), you have to be prepared for whatever endeavors your child engages in & ends up encountering in this so-called journey called life....

So yeah, I'm passing FAR more blame on Cassidy Goodson's parents than this girl, herself.....

I have no problem with ole boy (Orion), but I'm still gonna speak my piece on this.....

That all sounds nice, except one small thing...

You're giving these promiscuous girls too big of a pass within your message here... Let them continue to have wanton disregard for their own bodies - and really, the newborn babies that end up being conceived as an end result..... I'd like to know what you think the adoption rate actually is in this country & on the other side of the coin, how many kids are a] trapped (yes, trapped) in foster care & b] are being taken care of otherwise in adoption agencies....

We as human beings like to think that people adopt children for all the right reasons, when in reality, they do not..... They can screen all the adopters they want & as heavily as they want & that agency will still never know whatever underlying reason(s) an adopter wants to adopt.... Hell, my own grandmother adopted a boy (who's now a young man) only because she wanted a son - after birthing 3 daughters of her own decades prior (one of which is my own mother).....

You start planting that seed inside children's minds that they can easily & willingly give up their babies for adoption because both the little boogers wanna get their little fisher-price nuts off, and this current epidemic of illegitimate kids will get exponentially worse... It's bad enough adults are contributing to this problem, we don't need it festering/growing at any more of a rate from two children deciding to have babies as well.... The whole mindset is no different than for example, "child abuse" in this country - There is little to no fear with how children act (out) these days because they know once their parent(s) try to discipline them somehow (even if there's no physicality involved with w/e discipline), the threat of that child calling the authorities on their own parents is all too real.... The real problem is the power has shifted in the adult-child dynamic - chastise the adult because he/she is of age & should *know better* & give children that engage in adult activities a pass because *they're only children*..... Knowing that, these children are pretty much doing whatever the hell they want out here because there's no real shame or consequence attached to it...... Worse, this is magnified when illegitimate children grow up to become adults having illegitimate children - As the cycle continues, as they say.....

MHV is spot on with how those kids that are relinquished (especially to the state) often end up when they're grown... This notion that potential adoptees (emanating from these children that don't need to be f*ing in the first place - raw dogg or not) will all go on to lead productive lives with no major psychological issues whatsoever after being adopted into a loving family, is indeed fantasy.... It's a notion predicated on 100% optimism... I mean, either way, I could only imagine going through life wondering who my actual birth mother & father is....

Lemme wrap this up.... and this is going to sound callous, but I'm the last person on this board that goes out of his way to be politically correct to appease anyone.... An added influx of babies pouring into adoption agencies & foster care is only gonna result in the treating of said babies as domesticated animals after a certain time period with which they cannot find homes for... Yes, I said it - Euthanasia will be in those poor babies future.... Now you tell me which is worse - this young girl voluntarily killing her own seed, or the system eventually killing her seed...... While I'm not defending her actions, this is one reason why I'm not particularly angry at ole girl either.... As a parent (in this case, the parents of miss hotpants here), you have to be prepared for whatever endeavors your child engages in & ends up encountering in this so-called journey called life....

So yeah, I'm passing FAR more blame on Cassidy Goodson's parents than this girl, herself.....

Thanks for saying what I wanted to¸ but was enraged to.

Puberty comes with the ability to create life but, unfortunately, doesn't come with maternal instincts to properly support it.

Right on.

Those maternal instincts aren't fully developed, because anyone undergoing puberty aren't full grown adults..... If you don't have much life experience yourself (esp. at 14), how in the world can you attempt to pass off what you are deficient in?

I think I stated this in an older thread, but it is said that a female stops maturing at the age she has her first child (which pretty much debunks that whole "females are more mature than males" notion)..... They have a limited time period with which they can (successfully, w/o problem) bear children, while males can impregnate females from the moment they are able to let off a nut.....

You heard it from me first (lol), you are gonna see a stark increase in thirsty females/female simps out here - Because although they have that window w/ which to have kids, the strong desire to want children never really ceases.....

It's not just the carelessness of parents that are at fault B35, in a way its also society/the media's fault. They basically convince teenagers that if you inject botox into your ass, bake yourself in a tanning bed, or take steroids everyone will like you (I think y'all know who I'm talkin about). Plus there's shows like "teen mom" or "16 and Pregnant" that are also the blame. (God forbid) If I ever got a girl pregnant at age 16, the last thing I'd be worried about is ending up on some stupid reality show.

Archived