A 14-year old Florida Teen Mom accused of choking her newborn to death

Shortline Bus

It's not just the carelessness of parents that are at fault B35, in a way its also society/the media's fault. They basically convince teenagers that if you inject botox into your ass, bake yourself in a tanning bed, or take steroids everyone will like you (I think y'all know who I'm talkin about).

Plus there's shows like "teen mom" or "16 and Pregnant" that are also the blame. (God forbid) If I ever got a girl pregnant at age 16, the last thing I'd be worried about is ending up on some stupid reality show.

Different argument; those are self-esteem issues you're speaking of...

I can't say it's the media that's out here pushing these children to have babies.....

Or adults that can't afford to have babies, to have babies.....

If there's any level of shame that's cast upon a female that has never bore a child, it's by other females..... The problem is, that age is getting younger & younger - That's where the shows like "16 & pregnant", etc. come into play...... It's not just the desperate housewives types congregating at some restaurant during "brunch" belittling what chick has never had a man or never had kids, anymore....

I'd piss off every feminist with this statement, but a woman's worth will always be held w/i her beauty & if she's able to bear children.....

Different argument; those are self-esteem issues you're speaking of...

I can't say it's the media that's out here pushing these children to have babies.....

Or adults that can't afford to have babies, to have babies.....

If there's any level of shame that's cast upon a female that has never bore a child, it's by other females..... The problem is, that age is getting younger & younger - That's where the shows like "16 & pregnant", etc. come into play...... It's not just the desperate housewives types congregating at some restaurant during "brunch" belittling what chick has never had a man or never had kids, anymore....

That's reality TV's MO. A naive teenage girl might watch 16 and Pregnant and believe that if she did the same thing, she would end up on a reality show. So when she's knocked up and calls MTV about getting on the show, they deny her, and then her and her boyfriend (that is, if the m*********er doesn't chicken out and leave her) decide to do what they saw on TV when it comes to preparing. But that's besides the point.

I honestly don't know why a 14 year old girl would have a baby and then kill it instead of taking it to a hospital's safe haven or putting it up for adoption. What surprises me even more is that her parents were in complete denial of the aunt's warnings about their daughter.

That's reality TV's MO. A naive teenage girl might watch 16 and Pregnant and believe that if she did the same thing, she would end up on a reality show. So when she's knocked up and calls MTV about getting on the show, they deny her, and then her and her boyfriend (that is, if the m*********er doesn't chicken out and leave her) decide to do what they saw on TV when it comes to preparing. But that's besides the point.

I'm not saying it's never done, I'm saying that isn't the main reason you have so many of these little girls wanting children....

Teenagers influenced by the media/television programming to want babies, represents too low a percentage IMO for me to even consider....

.....What surprises me even more is that her parents were in complete denial of the aunt's warnings about their daughter.

Not just this story, but I don't believe ANY woman (especially) with a daughter whose daughter lives with them, that claims they aint know ole girl was pregnant.... Absolutely it's denial - Hell, who knows if the mother herself aint pressure this girl to kill off that newborn.... I don't put nothing past nobody.

Don't know how old this 14 year old's mother was, but regardless, women can say what they want.... the lot of em aren't ready to be granma's in their early 40's, and especially in their 30's - since that's "supposed" to be when a woman's at her sexual peak.....

It's not just the carelessness of parents that are at fault B35, in a way its also society/the media's fault. They basically convince teenagers that if you inject botox into your ass, bake yourself in a tanning bed, or take steroids everyone will like you (I think y'all know who I'm talkin about). Plus there's shows like "teen mom" or "16 and Pregnant" that are also the blame. (God forbid) If I ever got a girl pregnant at age 16, the last thing I'd be worried about is ending up on some stupid reality show.

Sadly you accurately described what Mtv/vh1 has become. Nothing but filth and degeneration.

Archived