Best and Worst Subway Cars

RollOver

I have never seen such a profound inability to respect others' opinions with any other car class. I now understand what Turbo said all those months ago about the cars being such sources of drama.

Holy sh**, people. Some people like R32s. Some people don't like R32s. Instead of jumping down their throats for expressing their opinion with all kinds of personal insults, why don't you find something more productive to do with your time? It's absolutely PATHETIC that a bunch of grown-a** men can't deal with people thinking differently than them.

Oh yeah, and I don't see why everyone feels the need to parade their like/dislike of the R32s every time they post. Most people on this forum are familiar with what most forumers think of the cars, there's no need to advertise that any time the cars come up in discussion. I never thought I'd say this, but I can't wait for them to retire - then there will be something else that people can have p*ssing contests over.

cause it looks like you're the only one still making insults

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

avoiding the r32 and r160 to keep this topic safe from getting ugly:

I also like the r10 for providing a smooth transition between the arnines and the r16, while outlasting the r16. For the best cars in service now: I like the r68, it's slow and ugly but the going back to SMEE was a smart move, and they weren't structurally troublesome like the space age fails r44 and r46, too bad they were the first foreign built b division cars  :(

Worst: tie between r27 and r30, r27 only ran 29 years! that's a record breaking fail, and it's not really different from the r16, no wionder no one kept any, r30 because it was a copy of the r27 which was a copy of the r16 and didn't last much longer

avoiding the r32 and r160 to keep this topic safe from getting ugly:

I also like the r10 for providing a smooth transition between the arnines and the r16, while outlasting the r16. For the best cars in service now: I like the r68, it's slow and ugly but the going back to SMEE was a smart move, and they weren't structurally troublesome like the space age fails r44 and r46, too bad they were the first foreign built b division cars :(

Worst: tie between r27 and r30, r27 only ran 29 years! that's a record breaking fail, and it's not really different from the r16, no wionder no one kept any, r30 because it was a copy of the r27 which was a copy of the r16 and didn't last much longer

The R27s and R30s only lasted for like 30 years because they were very heavy and if they got rebuilt with air conditioning, they would be too heavy so they were retired prematurely. They weren't bad trains. The differences between the R16s and R27s were that the R16s had circular and openable storm doors (RFW) and were manufactured by American Car Foundry while the R27s were built by Saint Louis Car Company and had a square shaped storm door window. There was one R27 left in MTA property which was 8145 but got scrapped last year because it was in bad shape

• 2 months later...

Sure I'll post on this newly revived thread from the dead, but only since I have an opinion.

R188s would have been great if their brand new subway maps weren't from 2011 (looking at you, 7900)

Still love the R62As on the 7. 

Least favorite are the R42s and the R68s. They're dark and dirty on the *outside.* As in, unreadable roll signs that need to take the handmedown signs from the retiring R46s

(P.S. This is my opinion. Truth be told, I don't mind the R68s as long as I'm not trying to catch one)

Archived