unused platform/trackway under Nevins St

kingal11234

I think you're being generous.

I regularly take the (S) and I rode the (C) for years.

The (C) runs about every 8 minutes and off peak, it takes longer. Not to mention its unreliability.

The (S) is unbelievably slow.....not to mention it has healthy wait times.

I don't see why a (G) rider would want to use 2 additional connecting trains and add OVER a half hour to his commute.

I agree. I was being generous. I was just trying to show some people how foolish it is to say that the A/C, S could be used to connect to the 2,3.

At least you have something. What about the people who live deep in Eastern Queens who have to take one (maybe even two sometimes) buses just to get to the closest train station? What about the people who live out in the Rockaways who's only connection to the rest of the system is the (A) train, which is AT LEAST 25 minutes from Downtown Brooklyn on top of horrible headways?

The (C) and Franklin (S) is really not that slow. Stop exaggerating, I use it all the time to get to and from work.

If it's 2 short it's blocks away, then walk. That's why they have buses and Access-A-Ride. Not every place can be connected cuz its so close to each other. Shit, going by your logic we should connect the following stops since they are 2 blocks or less within each other...

-Wall St (2)(3), (4)(5) and Broad St (J)(Z)

-23 & 50 Sts (C)(E) and (1)

-23 St (N)(R) and (6)

-Both Penn stations

-49 St (N)(R) and 50 St (1)

-7 Av (B)(Q) and Grand Army Plz (2)(3)

Just cuz the stations are close, doesn't mean it justifies for a connection to be built

Everything you just mentioned was studied for years and was actually needed. Lets break it down like this...

Jay St-MetroTech: those 2 stations are literally sitting on top of one another. Plus that opened up more options to transfer to other lines since the (A)(C) don't directly connect to any IRT line in Brooklyn.

Court St-Borough Hall: that's been open for decades

Bleecker St: That has been the MTA's biggest half-assed transfer for 50 years. Before the transfer, if you was on the uptown side, you would have to leave the station and walk about a block or 2 just to transfer to the IND while the downtown side was already within fare control. All they did there was finish what they started.

Whole point is, not everything is gonna get connected. If it's that much of a problem to walk 2 blocks, then take a can of drive.

Plus, if you're in Willamsburg and you want to get downtown, the B62 is right there too...

Why the hell are you bringing up Eastern Queens or the Rockaways. I never opposed building a subway line out there. In fact I think they used the LIRR right of way and build a line to the Rockaways. But that off course would cost way more than to connect the G to the 2,3. The C is by the way really that slow. It was rated the worst subway service by straphangers and the biggest reason was because it often times came once every ten minutes, and the shuttle is always every ten minutes. The B62 is also slow and an unreliable substitute for transit connections.

I agree. I was being generous. I was just trying to show some people how foolish it is to say that the A/C, S could be used to connect to the 2,3.

Why the hell are you bringing up Eastern Queens or the Rockaways. I never opposed building a subway line out there. In fact I think they used the LIRR right of way and build a line to the Rockaways. But that off course would cost way more than to connect the G to the 2,3. The C is by the way really that slow. It was rated the worst subway service by straphangers and the biggest reason was because it often times came once every ten minutes, and the shuttle is always every ten minutes. The B62 is also slow and an unreliable substitute for transit connections.

You completely missed the point I was trying to make....

They go through a commute on top of a commute just fine with no problem, but yet you're here catching a titty fit over walking 2 blocks.

If the MTA really wanted the connection built, they would've done it or at least thought about it. I hear nothing of it so I guess it isn't on their radar right now.

Rerouting the (G) or attempting the transfer at Nevins is useless. The lower level CANNOT be used and (G) passengers who need to get to Nevins will find a way without spending millions of dollars to use some bloody platform that (to repeat) CANNOT BE USED.

To further drive the point home lets look at some photos

http://www.nycsubway.org/perl/show?481

In order to use the lower level, you 1. HAve to fix the flooding problem (with the MTAs budget, so to hell with whatever they did in the Hague) and 2. Replace that thick wall thats also holding up the SB local track.

http://www.nycsubway.org/perl/show?482

This is the rest of the platform. In order to use it you have to rebuild it to B division specs; something thats not easy.

Then you have to build another platform on the other side too. With the same problems that were mentioned before.

Long story short, aint gonna happen. Case closed, point, set, game!

Now can we please put this to rest.

Hmmm......looks like if nothing else, it could be used as a horror movie set...... :P

Archived