Toronto subway

ttcsubwayfan

Here are some of the photos and videos I've made of the Toronto subway. This is for anyone who is curious as to what the subway there looks like in comparison to New York's; trains and stations are much cleaner, station naming is straight forward and the announcement are audible.

The stations on the Danforth line leave much to be desired however... Kennedy is very dimly lit and Main Street - Castle Frank all have the same boring, unoriginal designs.

img_1385.jpg

dsc08988.jpg

img_1515.jpg

img_3177.jpg

dsc00357.jpg

img_0169.jpg

dsc08990.jpg

dsc09003.jpg

img_3865.jpg

http://youtu.be/8siyGbmt3xU

Thanks guys, glad you liked 'em.

@Quill: That would be the Toronto Rocket, our newest model. It's going to be replacing the trains seen in the top shots. It has a full cab unlike the cars that came before it and it's basically a long articulated unit.

• 2 weeks later...

I went to Toronto in March for my birthday and I LOVED the TTC. The cars are roomy, the new Rocket Cars are fast and smooth and the stations are really nice. I dug it big time!

Glad you enjoyed your stay... IMO all of the cars running in Toronto right now are great, but the rockets definitely win in terms of interior brightness.

Those trains remind me of R-32s for some reason. I like to check out the TTC sometime. Hopefully the Rockets are in full force by the time I go there.

I know they look like R32s, that's the reason I like them so much.

Rockets are very common to see in service and you shouldn't need to wait more than 20 minutes at any stations on the YUS for a train. If anything, try to find yourself some H5s, which are on their way out. There are 7 trains left.

• 3 months later...

Ive been to Toronto a few times, and the first photo up above is an H4 (1973 built) which was negated from passenger service on Jan 27, 12, and the railcars on the Yonge Spadina ROW are 1976-80 era H5s while the other SMEE cars on the Bloor Danforth ROW is a 1985-87 era H6. And yes, while the TRs (which I haven't ridden yet) have transverse cabs, they possess an RFW to see out the head end, like the SRT, but it can only be done on unenclosed outdoor areas including the Prince Edward Flyover. Also, the T1s were built from 1994-2001

• 2 months later...

What is the number of Rockets running ?

I don't necessarily want a precise number but in your opinion what is the ratio of new trains in the actual stock ? All, the majority, a third or less ?

What is the number of Rockets running ?

I don't necessarily want a precise number but in your opinion what is the ratio of new trains in the actual stock ? All, the majority, a third or less ?

I would say more then little half.

Archived