Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
nyctransit

MTA metrocard refund questions?

I bought a MTA pass at one of the stations and then kept refilling it. I have about $40 in it now but the card is damaged. When I spoke with the station incharge, he said I should send it with the refund form to the MTA office(Brooklyn). The form seems to have questions for which I do not know the answers like when I bought it, vending machine number etc. What does MTA expect on the form(all the details?)

I'm wondering if it is worth it to send this to the MTA and get a refund? any other options here?

Not really, it can take up to a year for some... If you really want the $40 dollars, go for it...

Just fill it out as best as you can...when I've had the same issue, they always get the replacement card to me regardless of what I did or did not fill out. They've even discovered transfers that I've lost and reimbursed me for them.

You don't have to fill in anything but what is wrong with the card and your address, and a brief explanation on the back, and approx how much is supposed to be on it. They do the rest.