B7 makes a movement this January...

Acela Express

Or you got Fresh Pond Rd to Myrtle Av, to Gates Av to Broadway to Saratoga

Absolutely right... That was the other one I was thinking of. but either way I don't think it can be done in 15 mins unless its early AM...

I'm also surprised no interlining the B26, which would be the best effective solution.

Wonder how this will work out for the B7 using Q Route buses....

As opposed to what?

I don't see what you're saying with this; There are already Queens routes that run out of it's current depot (ENY)....

is eny getting anything in return?
Bigger question is what ENY is getting in return and where these extra buses gonna come from

That's the only question that came to mind when I first read this thread.....

As for extra buses, they may not need many more; given how the B7 already runs..... Matter fact, I think B7 service might end up getting worse w/ this move... As Future FLA B/O said, I also "smell disaster" with this depot move regarding that route......

That's the only question that came to mind when I first read this thread.....

As for extra buses, they may not need many more; given how the B7 already runs..... Matter fact, I think B7 service might end up getting worse w/ this move... As Future FLA B/O said, I also "smell disaster" with this depot move regarding that route......

This move is what I call one of those outside the depot move with B68 (originally UP, now JG), and (B4 also UP now JG)..

Way back in the day B7- FB, service then.. Not as bad and plus still HAD the 3 major lines B41/44/46 + B49 and B78.

All good performing lines.

Now B7- East New York, service now.. BAD

The future B7- Fresh Pond.. The service will be worse, and expect this line to be POSSIBLY FACE elimination.

Only way the B7 gets saved and for this to work for FRESH POND is to "EXTEND" into Ridgewood OR bushwick for a decent deadhead to work, and also get more customers. There are certain parts of bushwick that are still underserved. Also, the coney island ave stop would have to be eliminated. B82 already covers that area. Flatbush Ave & Kings Hway to Ridgewood or bushwick has a good ring, but selling it to the customers is another thing.

I know what I'm saying is getting into dangerous terriory but just finding the best solution that works.. (COMMENTS and CRTICISMS are welcomed)

This move is what I call one of those outside the depot move with B68 (originally UP, now JG), and (B4 also UP now JG)..

Way back in the day B7- FB, service then.. Not as bad and plus still HAD the 3 major lines B41/44/46 + B49 and B78.

Now B7- East New York, service now.. BAD

The future B7- Fresh Pond.. The service will be worse, and expect this line to be POSSIBLY FACE elimination.

Only way the B7 gets saved and for this to work for FRESH POND is to "EXTEND" into Ridgewood OR bushwick for a decent deadhead to work, and also get more customers. There are certain parts of bushwick that are still underserved. Also, the coney island ave stop would have to be eliminated. B82 already covers that area. Flatbush Ave & Kings Hway to Ridgewood or bushwick has a good ring, but selling it to the customers is another thing.

I know what I'm saying is getting into dangerous terriory but just finding the best solution that works..

(COMMENTS and CRTICISMS are welcomed)

.....With the difference being that those routes you mention (B4, B68), service actually got better when they moved to JG.... Especially the 68; I remember that route used to run like shear garbage; buses ran too few & far between.... The B4 isn't all that great now, but there was a noticable improvement in service after it moved to JG.....

As far as that suggestion goes, I was always against the B7 to Ridgewood idea.... a change in what depot the B7 runs out of, isn't gonna change my mind; I still question usage/demand.... Besides that, I don't think the MTA wants to have buses terminating full time over there on Kings Hwy/Flatbush anyway (regarding the turnaround scenario)....

Interesting, did not know that about the B78.

Yup, the 78 was out of flatbush.... that's why today's 47 was also out of flatbush before it went over to grand....

This to me would make sense IF the B7 were extended to Ridgewood Terminal and interlined with the B26 (the lightest route out of the terminal); interlining the B7 with the Q58 would be an unmitigated disaster. I presume that the B7 will be deadheading down the B26 or B20 route. An extension would add about 10 minutes to the B7, but those are revenue minutes and I think that there would be new ridership generated in a Midwood to Ridgewood route.

plus still HAD the 3 major lines B41/44/46 + B49 and B78.

Keep in mind that ridership has exploded over the years, especially on the B46, which has double the runs than it did 10 years ago.

B46 currently has 127-130 runs (and this includes the interlines), opposed to the 60-75 in the past.

This to me would make sense IF the B7 were extended to Ridgewood Terminal and interlined with the B26 (the lightest route out of the terminal); interlining the B7 with the Q58 would be an unmitigated disaster. I presume that the B7 will be deadheading down the B26 or B20 route. An extension would add about 10 minutes to the B7, but those are revenue minutes and I think that there would be new ridership generated in a Midwood to Ridgewood route.

It wouldn't be that bad...its only about 8-10 minutes from Broadway & Halsey St to Myrtle-Wyckoff by driving...no need to extend the line up to Ridgewood when the B26 does the exact same thing

Bigger question is what ENY is getting in return and where these extra buses gonna come from

I would just take a wild guess and say that maybe this move has something to do with that new east new york/spring creek route the mta wants to create.

It wouldn't be that bad...its only about 8-10 minutes from Broadway & Halsey St to Myrtle-Wyckoff by driving...no need to extend the line up to Ridgewood when the B26 does the exact same thing

Then run B7 over B20's route then truncate B20 @ (J) halsey street sta. So B20 can become more reliable while B7 gets more riders.

Then run B7 over B20's route then truncate B20 @ (J) halsey street sta. So B20 can become more reliable while B7 gets more riders.

The B20 doesn't stop at Halsey St...it Stops at Chauncey St which is about 6 blocks down Broadway

The last stop on the B7 is on Broadway & Halsey and the first stop is on Saratoga and Halsey

Archived