Name your MTA Bus Depot

MTARegional Bus

If you had build your MTA Bus Depot what famous person or group would you name it after?, It can be famous person or group that made an influence in the city or a famous person or group started there fame in the city.

you can also may a make your own Depot sticker and post here. :)

I support the 126 rename to MLK Jr. Depot.

Flatbush should have an updated sticker, with a tribute to Edwin Thomas. Not a rename, but something.

Castleton Depot, should be renamed Port Richmond Depot.

An optional rename of Charleston to Arthur Kill Depot could work. Maybe the MTA didn't want to use "kill" in a depot name.

I think that Ulmer Park should be renamed, but I don't know what should replace it. I got these suggestions:

Coney Island Depot

Bensonhurst Depot

Ceasar's Bay Depot

Bath Beach Depot

Harway Depot

Luna Park Depot (my fav).

Which is the best one out of this list? Do you have one that's better? Post it up!

I support the 126 rename to MLK Jr. Depot.

Flatbush should have an updated sticker, with a tribute to Edwin Thomas. Not a rename, but something.

Castleton Depot, should be renamed Port Richmond Depot.

An optional rename of Charleston to Arthur Kill Depot could work. Maybe the MTA didn't want to use "kill" in a depot name.

I think that Ulmer Park should be renamed, but I don't know what should replace it. I got these suggestions:

Coney Island Depot

Bensonhurst Depot

Ceasar's Bay Depot

Bath Beach Depot

Harway Depot

Luna Park Depot (my fav).

Which is the best one out of this list? Do you have one that's better? Post it up!

see i really wanted to say Bensonhurst or Ceasars Bay...i agree with u...but i called it Multiplex

I never understood why they named it Charleston.

As far as West Farms, that use to be Coliseum.

I wouldve named either Meredith or Charleston "Edgewater" a nod to the old si depot that I believe was the first to get a depot sticker.

Ironically, when the MTA was slated to take over Green Lines, even though Far Rockaway was also my first choice, my second would've been Peninsula considering that Green Lines never called that garage Far Rockaway or even Rockaway. It was called Arverne.

Guest MTA Bus

Far Rockaway Depot should be called Arverne since it's closer to Arverne than Far Rockaway and it was the former name of the depot when GBL owned it.

I've actually had a fictional depot planned for awhile...

It's Van Cortlandt Depot, underneath the (1) train yard.

It would house the Bx28, and Bx14* (the BX14 is a fictional route), and is made so that there will be enough room at EC for the Yonkers buses when that depot closes down. It would house 50 buses. The logo (which I would love to animate, but I probably won't), is an MTA Gillig BRT Hybrid (which are the buses used on those routes), emerging out of a forest, and an R62A (1) train on an elevated curve above it.

I've actually had a fictional depot planned for awhile...

It's Van Cortlandt Depot, underneath the (1) train yard.

It would house the Bx28, and Bx14* (the BX14 is a fictional route), and is made so that there will be enough room at EC for the Yonkers buses when that depot closes down. It would house 50 buses. The logo (which I would love to animate, but I probably won't), is an MTA Gillig BRT Hybrid (which are the buses used on those routes), emerging out of a forest, and an R62A (1) train on an elevated curve above it.

I can hold my Bx53 (fictional) route also lol :3

Coney Island Depot

I always figured it should be combined with the massive Coney Island transit facility (which has a lot of space, and don't they sometimes store reserve fleet buses someplace on there? I've seen it on the UTC roster before) so then it would truly be Coney Island Depot, and use the same logo as the Coney Island Maintenance Shop with the train, roller coaster and parachute drop in the background.

Archived